Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 12:56:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What's the latest on MtGox withdrawals?  (Read 1218 times)
nmersulypnem (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 10:04:08 PM

US I'm assuming are non-existent.

SEPA?

Domestic JPY?
Domestic USD to Japanese account?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
smithd98@gmail.com

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2013, 10:31:44 PM

I'm a US citizen and looked into getting a Japanese bank account. From my research sounds like you can only do it in person, need a non-hotel address, and need a certain type of document that I forget the name of. From my reading even US military over in Japan sometimes can't open accounts.

I've been looking a bit into opening a Hong Kong bank account. From my reading it sounds like they deal in multiple currencies as standard practice. I'm not sure if a Hong Kong bank will help speed up Gox withdrawals though...
dahongfei

Activity: 100
Merit: 13

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 12:23:37 AM

Domestic JPY seems okay.

Currently it takes about a week if you live in Japanese and have a Janpanese bank account.
joesmoe2012

Activity: 882
Merit: 501

Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2013, 06:28:08 PM

You won't be able to do a domestic japanese transfer from Japan to Hong Kong. 

Check out BitcoinATMTalk - https://bitcoinatmtalk.com
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2013, 06:31:01 PM

Sue them now before it's too late.
Jeffrey Boyd Garrison

Activity: 21

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 10:15:20 AM

I put in a withdrawal request to my U.S. located bank account on 10/22 and only after the fact, noticed the Mt.Gox message indicating that withdrawals could take two or more weeks.

Having seen no posts anywhere on this forum from anyone yet stating that they've been able to successfully have USD transferred from Mt.Gox to their bank accounts since as far back as April, I am a bit concerned.

I initiated this withdrawal of $700 USD (less than the $1,000 limit) and my USD balance magically reduced by that amount. Yet no arrival in bank account. There is no "history" to see that the $700 is in "processing limbo" at the very least. Rather, it's as if the money were never there... a bit disconcerting actually.

Huh
Savior

Activity: 176
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 10:38:57 AM

I put in a withdrawal request to my U.S. located bank account on 10/22 and only after the fact, noticed the Mt.Gox message indicating that withdrawals could take two or more weeks.

Having seen no posts anywhere on this forum from anyone yet stating that they've been able to successfully have USD transferred from Mt.Gox to their bank accounts since as far back as April, I am a bit concerned.

I initiated this withdrawal of $700 USD (less than the $1,000 limit) and my USD balance magically reduced by that amount. Yet no arrival in bank account. There is no "history" to see that the $700 is in "processing limbo" at the very least. Rather, it's as if the money were never there... a bit disconcerting actually.

Huh

Press account history, press USD, there it should be. Red color, if you trade alot it might be many pages to look thru. But you can also filter only showing withdrawals.
mp420

Activity: 501
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 10:40:16 AM

Huh

Contact MtGox support. From what I've heard, they're happy to return the fiat to the Gox account. A bit too happy, maybe, I might say.
Jeffrey Boyd Garrison

Activity: 21

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 01:44:52 AM

K, thanks, I looked in account history, and today it updated to say confirmed withdraw to my bank. No money arrived in my bank, but at least it confirmed the withdrawal. Will wait a few weeks before I actually contact Mt.Gox if it hasn't actually deposited by then. If I get a successful transaction I'll be sure to shout it to the world.
jonytk

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 02:04:08 AM

500E sepa from 5 october, still stuck on confirmed.

Q. What do the individual statuses on Withdrawls mean?

"confirmed' : In the MtGox withdrawl queue

"Pending" : Sent to the bank for processing.

"processed": Receipt confirmed from bank as transfer completed successfully

joesmoe2012

Activity: 882
Merit: 501

Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2013, 05:17:12 AM

Domestic JPY? 2 to 4 days
Domestic USD to Japanese account? Not Possible

I don't think domestic japanese payments support USD transfers. Thus it would be a domestic SWIFT transfer to send USD domestically within japan, and they are heavily limited on their swift transfers (conflicting reports of either 10 or 12 a day).

Check out BitcoinATMTalk - https://bitcoinatmtalk.com
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: