Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 07:51:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What should you prefer for buying Bitcoin or Bitcoin cash ?  (Read 189 times)
stevemichael (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 2

MMM EXTRA - The right steps toward your goal

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2018, 05:46:10 AM

Some people buy bitcoin cash and some buy bitcoin.
I prefer to buy bitcoin cash, what you prefer to buy?

MMM participants get upto 100% per month...
MisterPrada

Activity: 179
Merit: 106

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 06:09:22 AM

Unfortunately nobody can predict the future and I'm not givving market advice.

My impression is that the market is bullish in the long term.
Coinbase and GDAX will allow BCH trading/buying soon again which opens it up to millions of users.
In addition we know that BitPay will enable Bitcoin Cash early 2018.

There is a risk that some GDAX and Coinbase users who have now received their BCH will dump it but if so I don't think that that downwards pressure can persist long.

tl;dr The best time to invest in BCH was in October/November.
The second best time is now.
EthanB

Activity: 462
Merit: 336

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 06:13:32 AM

I had a co-worker try to get me all excited about Bitcoin Cash when it was at it's all time high. He told me it was going to pass bitcoin, but I have this suspicion that no fork is going to surpass bitcoin. It has proven too resilient, there just is not enough backing for any particular fork or its development. The development for bitcoin is even a little starved for the amount of money being pumped into the coin, so it would be near impossible in the current state of affairs for something like Bitcoin Cash to be a better long-term option. Bitcoin is paving the way for cryptocurrency worldwide and will reflect that.
pruvast

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 06:14:29 AM

I prefer Litecoin, to be honest.. because it is the perfect in between for both sides of the BTC vs BCH debate.

LTC can scale better than BTC (and in fact also BCH) because LTC blocks are generated every 2.5 minutes (4 times as fast than each of BTC and BCH). This means LTC has an effective block capacity of 4 mb v.s. BTC's 1mb and BCH's 2 mb. Therefore, if you buy into BCH's argument that we should scale with blocksize, LTC already does this better.

LTC has the segwit upgrade, but BCH does not. Therefore, if it turns out BTC develops a way to scale better than BCH (i.e. lightning network), this can also be applied to LTC, and LTC won't be left behind.

I don't understand people who put their money in either BTC or BCH. One is bound to lose. I put my money in LTC because regardless of how things develop between BTC and BCH, LTC stands to win.
ShadowBits

Activity: 994
Merit: 504

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 06:19:00 AM

Two coins are good to buy, why argue when you can both of them, I know they have something to be doing in the future, and it will be great.
pruvast

Activity: 41

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 06:21:19 AM

I don't mean to sound like a shill, by the way - please don't take what I say as investment advice. I just feel like people don't realise the options out there and think there is only a choice between two coins.
Luckype

Activity: 2

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 06:24:58 AM

Hi,Buddy

I couldn't make accurate prediction for bitcoin and bitcoin cash.

i think , you don't ask for comparing those coin.
I suggest you to buy both of them...
captin crunch

Activity: 630
Merit: 253

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 06:29:07 AM

Bitcoin definitely, bitcoin cash will never be so strong as bitcoin itself.

HashieNewb

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 06:30:17 AM

You should prefer to purchase whatever you choose. I like to pay for things in both because it gives me no limits.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
EthanB

Activity: 462
Merit: 336

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 06:35:56 AM

LTC can scale better than BTC (and in fact also BCH) because LTC blocks are generated every 2.5 minutes (4 times as fast than each of BTC and BCH). This means LTC has an effective block capacity of 4 mb v.s. BTC's 1mb and BCH's 2 mb in the same amount of time.

Bitcoin could just as easily implement a bigger block-size, there is nothing stopping that except for disagreement in the development community. Reading through Satoshi's emails, it certainly sounded like a part of his plan to increase the block-size as a piece of scale-ability. LTC is not more scale-able than BTC, just appears that way because Bitcoin has been congested lately.

LTC can benefit from any future BTC developments because it has the segwit upgrade.

You'll have to explain this to me, because I don't understand how those two things correlate. How does LTC benefit from anything that BTC implements, unless you're implying that it is just a reactionary currency, in which case I might be in agreement.

I don't understand people who put their money in either BTC or BCH.

You don't understand people that put their money in Bitcoin? I don't understand what you're doing on bitcointalk, then. It would seem entirely self-evident why and to what benefit people have put their money in Bitcoin.

I just feel like people don't realise the options out there and think there is only a choice between two coins.

That's a fair statement, there are opportunites outside of Bitcoin, but most of them have failed. Most of them have more problems than benefits, and most of them are inherently flawed in more ways than Bitcoin. Bitcoin has the greatest foundation, IMO; so while there are other coins, they are more secondary than anything.
shadowdio

Activity: 1876
Merit: 289

Zawardo

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 06:44:34 AM

both we can earn money from these coin but I prefer to buy bitcoin because of high volatility, its good for short trade only not hold for long term because you miss the down trend its good to buy in down price then you sell it when the price is high but if you want for long term investment so pick bitcoin cash or any potential altcoins in the market.
whirlcoin

Activity: 602
Merit: 111

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 06:45:11 AM

I always buy bitcoin over any other coin because it has the great potential than any other having,but it is not idea to invest on the bitcoin cash because it is just a free coin from the fork but still it is holding its value but I don't know how long it will because othe forked coins are already lost it value so bitcoin cash also may lose it the future.
AmericanBit

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 06:56:49 AM

And what are you pros for bitcoin cash, why you prefer it?
LtMotioN

Activity: 210
Merit: 29

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 08:18:06 AM

This isnt a question anyone can answer for you. The best advice I can offer is to research this yourself. Look into each and vote with your money. Remember that these two are different things.

Here is a rundown of things you should look into for both
Bitcoin cash scaled simply by increasing the block size, there are some pros and cons to this approach. In short it is cheaper and faster ... for now.. but bigger blocks open up some other issues that are a bit too extensive to discuss in this post. Go research it and decide if you see these as big problems or not.

Bitcoin has decided to scale by multiple layers to make the protocol intelligent.  This is similar to how the internet and other networking technologies scaled.  TCP/IP is a third layer protocol FYI Smiley . These methods if successful will give it exponential scaling. Thus making it possible to reach millions of transactions a second, again if successful.
The methods I am aware of that are being worked on for bitcoin are Schnorr signatures, Lightning network, Segwitt and MimbleWimble. These all add some scaling and optimization to bitcoin. Lightning and Segwitt is already deployed but are yet to be adopted.

However with these bitcoin is likely to remain at 1Mb blocks for a while. But Bitcoin will be able to store much more info in 1Mb than BitcoinCash can in 1Mb. At the same time Bitcoin cash has 10Mb blocks.

I honestly feel everyone should decide themselves which one they support. There is a lot of politics around it and you will see the one side attacking the other side a lot.

Keep an open mind to both sides and decide where you stand after investigating this.

Dogs are nice, I don't like cats though.
TombRider

Activity: 1

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 03:20:50 PM

I think it reasonably to invest on these 2 coins cause of each of them has its benefit
cocobball

Activity: 40

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 03:26:35 PM

As much as i hate to say it but i think the best course of action at the moment is to hold both of the coins. Bitcoin Cash I hold just as a hedge against my bitcoin holdings. I have to be honest I have never actually bought any BCH. I just never sold any of my forks coins. I think going forward holding both of the coins is optimal . Good luck in your trades and remeber to HODL!
Digital Mutant

Activity: 420
Merit: 105

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 03:55:01 PM

Bitcoin cash is a fork of bitcoin, on 28 of february there's another fork that will give birth to Bitcoin Private.
All these forks try to add new features to bitcoin
Bcash team says it is faster, BPrivate is more private...all are trying to develope bitcoin but one important thing in crypto is the community, so if all these forks don't have people holding the coin at the end the new coin is only a tool for speculation and this is the reason why I would recomend Bitcoin.

A part all the great movement of people and crypto veterans that are fighting for a new and better economy for everyone and thanks to them there's a lot of awarenes about crypto in general

is the same speack as ever, if you want to do speculation because you only want to make money, you can choose one of the coins you like, if you believe in something more, than Bitcoin is the winner.
Somail12

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 05:45:02 PM

No doubt, i will go for bitcoin all the way. I don't see bitcoin cash to be as good or better than bitcoin.

aardvark15

Activity: 1008
Merit: 510

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 02:17:54 AM

I’m sticking exclusively with Bitcoin. The thing that is a little concerning to me about Bitcoin Cash is the recent interviews I have seen with Roger Ver. He seems to be pushing Bitcoin Cash but there is some controversy surrounding him and he gets very defensive in his interviews. I get the sense that he is not a very professional spokesman for the coin. It’s just my opinion and I could be wrong. Anyone that can persuade me otherwise, please comment.
atrocityx

Activity: 336
Merit: 71

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 02:44:40 AM

I just don't personally understand using any of these as a currency.. whether it be Bitcoin, litecoin, or bcash.. theyre all most likely way too slow..you could maybe make some arguments that LTC is a better purchase over bitcoin atleast til lightning network is fully implemented.. but bitcoin cash seems like a laughable bandaid  that hardly has any validation even now.. and provides nothing but more centralization once lightning network is fully implemented.. I own some Bcash just in case from the forks but I just have a hard time seeing it being worth ever more than .2 btc ever again.... thats not to say you can't make an incredible amount of money joining the pumps on this coin.. Roger Ver sure doesn't seem to mind his earnings.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: