Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 01:31:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: how to know if someone has quoted or reply my post ?  (Read 165 times)
nvq4596 (OP)

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 07:16:56 AM

it really painful to looking at all the thread to find if someone has quoted my post, is there an easier way to do it ?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
snowblack

Activity: 262
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 07:23:14 AM

it really painful to looking at all the thread to find if someone has quoted my post, is there an easier way to do it ?
You can check in: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=watchlist
Or Mark this thread.

nothing in here!
nvq4596 (OP)

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 07:42:44 AM

You can check in: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=watchlist
Or Mark this thread.
do i need mark any thread i replied  ?
SFR10
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 3409

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2018, 09:14:16 AM
Last edit: February 12, 2018, 09:24:19 AM by SFR10

Click the magnifier button (in front of the "Search" button at the upper right corner of any page) > It opens the "Set Search Parameters" window, go to the middle section that says "Search for:" > Type your name then choose the date range from "Message age:" > Click "Search" button on lower left area > You'll see a quote that has the following words at the beginning: "...  from: nvq4596" and on top of that, name of the person that quoted and replied to your post (by ...) > Then click the title of the thread that has "Re:" before it (it goes straight to where that user made the post).

This is the result for the past 3 days (for your account): https://imgur.com/a/qcNNb (make sure to click the image, so it zooms in)

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Angelo Santos

Activity: 177
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 09:35:48 AM
Last edit: February 12, 2018, 10:38:26 AM by Angelo Santos

Hope this also helps, there's a section that says  "Show new replies...." upper-left of your profile, it shows all the thread you engage with that has new replies.
Akany

Activity: 240
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 09:38:01 AM

To do that click this link below
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=watchlist
nvq4596 (OP)

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 09:51:19 AM

Click the magnifier button (in front of the "Search" button at the upper right corner of any page) > It opens the "Set Search Parameters" window, go to the middle section that says "Search for:" > Type your name then choose the date range from "Message age:" > Click "Search" button on lower left area > You'll see a quote that has the following words at the beginning: "...  from: nvq4596" and on top of that, name of the person that quoted and replied to your post (by ...) > Then click the title of the thread that has "Re:" before it (it goes straight to where that user made the post).

This is the result for the past 3 days (for your account): https://imgur.com/a/qcNNb (make sure to click the image, so it zooms in)

wow this is lifesaver, now no more the day of endless torment finding threads and posts, thank you so much !
target
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 1041

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 09:58:54 AM

Tried it but it seem the results are too much for someone with a username that's like mine and besides I didn't saw some "nvq4596".

It might be easier if its going to have some alert system where it's going to be noticed and will force people to check back the thread whenever they are quote.

SFR10
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 3409

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2018, 08:39:15 PM

wow this is lifesaver, now no more the day of endless torment finding threads and posts, thank you so much !
You're welcome.

Tried it but it seem the results are too much for someone with a username that's like mine and besides I didn't saw some "nvq4596".
- Having common words as your username, will result in showing excessive results that at the same time, makes finding those who quoted and replied to your post a difficult and impossible task.
- Regarding "...  from: nvq4596", that was meant for the "OP" of this thread (nvq4596).

It might be easier if its going to have some alert system where it's going to be noticed and will force people to check back the thread whenever they are quote.
Indeed. Someone suggested something within those lines (recently).

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████