Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 11:56:08 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Need some schooling advice  (Read 515 times)
alexnienow (OP)

Activity: 53
Merit: 1

Just this one nyc guy in the crypto world

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 07:26:53 AM

I Live in NYC and im a sophomore in high school.

Basically, my real goal in life is to become a successful entrepreneur or a businessman/salesman. My grades in school arent the best and to be honest i know that getting a high school diploma is the bare minimum that i need. I had a decent part time job that paid $11 an hour now it is $13 an hour because of ny minimum wage however i had to recently quit it to give a little bit more effort in school. My idea is that i would switch out traditional high school for online highschool. My reasoning would be that the courses would be easier and i could finish my highschool diploma faster. Also if i were to do it, i could work 5 hours a day at my part time and make over 30-40k in the next two year of "highschool". Makes sense or no, i do not need the money, but it would certianlty help if i were to open a business. Also both traditional and online can still lead me to a college in worst case scenario. 
NotAtOld

Activity: 200
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 07:40:28 AM

I think it's better to think about your education previously and then about work. Work and real experience are great but education is very important too. I think you should prioritize steps of your life and estimate your abilities. Will it be possible for you to manage with your school and work? A wise person is one who knows how to competently assess his capabilities
alexnienow (OP)

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 07:44:07 AM

I think it's better to think about your education previously and then about work. Work and real experience are great but education is very important too. I think you should prioritize steps of your life and estimate your abilities. Will it be possible for you to manage with your school and work? A wise person is one who knows how to competently assess his capabilities
I kinda have a this mentality right now that i think there if i do things differently it may have a better long term payout in terms of value of time. But i get what your saying, there is no way i can manage school and work at the same time, tested it out. Didnt work out well.
Rsocks

Activity: 153
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2018, 09:39:30 AM

Do you have parents or other relatives to ask their advice?
Saksham

Activity: 570
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 10:00:26 AM

I don't know how the us schools works but the advice i can give you is that you should not to two things in the same time if it is not necessary. Because in life there is a time for study and there is a time for work, you should use your time to make some serious study then to work because later you will not have the necessary time to study.
alexnienow (OP)

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 12:28:24 AM

I don't know how the us schools works but the advice i can give you is that you should not to two things in the same time if it is not necessary. Because in life there is a time for study and there is a time for work, you should use your time to make some serious study then to work because later you will not have the necessary time to study.
What can studying lead me into? Jobs are getting harder to get, for ex. becoming an engineer, how much people want to become one? jobs are limited. How about becoming a teacher? the wait list for becoming a teacher is long. Doctor? Well, im not intelligent enough to become one. Thats why i want to look in the entrepreneur field and business field. Therefore having a job and getting a small income can go a long way.
ryanto siyanto

Activity: 72

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 02:36:51 AM

Graduating from school does not always make a direct guarantee to get a job. And that's what happens in some developing countries. However, do you have to get into the business world and be willing to sacrifice good times with friends at school. Because if we rely on learning courses, I do not think you will have many friends. I think it's one of the most valuable things in life.
ClayDouglas

Activity: 104

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 04:45:20 AM

I didn't know there were online high school now. As long as it doesn't affect you getting into  agood college, then it sounds like a good idea.
skymberloh

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 05:50:35 AM

Basically, my real goal in life is to become a successful entrepreneur or a businessman/salesman. My grades in school arent the best and to be honest i know that getting a high school diploma is the bare minimum that i need. I had a decent part time job that paid $11 an hour now it is $13 an hour because of ny minimum wage however i had to recently quit it to give a little bit more effort in school. My idea is that i would switch out traditional high school for online highschool. My reasoning would be that the courses would be easier and i could finish my highschool diploma faster. Also if i were to do it, i could work 5 hours a day at my part time and make over 30-40k in the next two year of "highschool". Makes sense or no, i do not need the money, but it would certianlty help if i were to open a business. Also both traditional and online can still lead me to a college in worst case scenario. 

All I can say to you brother is that do not let your grades define you as a person. Your grades in school will never be the reason why you will become a successful man someday.

Lasvista

Activity: 396
Merit: 104

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 02:33:31 PM

You're still young though , you can have a lot of opportunities if you graduate but on the other hand that's a good mind set to be a successful businessman thumbs up to you. But a matter of fact focus on your goal same as you studying , and grades doesn't define if you are successful on the near future. Wish you all the best brother , strive and chase your dream.
Goldenoaks

Activity: 75

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 02:55:38 PM

On one hand, I would say that it you should make the most of the time you have in high school to build connections and learn as much as you can. High school is a great time in your life that only happens once. On the other hand, you seem to know what you want to do and how to get there. Many successful entrepreneurs focused on working early in life at the expense of everything else.

Why not open an online business? Ideally you could stay in your current  school and work on it from class. The idea of $13 as a teenager is great, but in the long run you could make more with a business.
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 03:24:03 PM

Well that is a common dilemma for the youth today but i personally believe you should be prioritizing your education. Yeah you can earn quite an amount but after that is spent, then what? Having a good edication is worth more than what you'll earn from your job. And its looking at the long term dude

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
December 02, 2018, 02:51:55 AM

Basically, my real goal in life is to become a successful entrepreneur or a businessman/salesman....

Well, start immediately and find Christmas season work in store, in sales. Only something that is attuned to the sales process. Think about what is. Shoes are a good one.

Online and easier would mean college was harder. I'll never forget being in college 1st year chemistry with no high school chem and competing with others that were doing pretty much the same thing they'd done before. Finally wound up with a 89.6 average, a B....probably worked three times as much as other people did.

But then the class that started out with 300 at the end was maybe 75.
ATMD

Activity: 70
Merit: 12

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2018, 04:36:12 AM

I agree with the advice that you shouldn't do two things at one time, focus and be dedicated to one thing. My advice is school, you will find that there will always be many years ahead for you to work, but you probably won't be going to school anymore if you start working. I don't know your situation as much as you know yourself.

TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2018, 11:59:51 AM

Start taking some business courses at local community college. High schools usually have programs that let you take certain college courses for high school and college credit. Even if you don't pursue a degree , learning about business administration would be useful. Talk to your counselor.

You will get double credits, and you will get a lot more free time as you will have free periods during the school day and will not have class at the college every day. Try to schedule these blocks at the start or the end of the day so you can either show up late or leave early daily. I would however recommend you finish high school in the traditional form while also using this method to free up some time.
elenadivats@yandex.ru

Activity: 42

View Profile
December 02, 2018, 05:39:26 PM

Well, I strongly believe that higher education is not the worst scenario at all
If the both ways of school graduating are about to give you the same diploma, the online school is a good time-saving equivalent
But due to the fact you're having some problems with learning motivation, I'm afraid you'e going to make your marks even worse
I mean you're be too tired, busy, unwilling to study, breaking homework deadlines and so on. you know what I mean))
waterman

Activity: 192
Merit: 119

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 01:20:18 AM

I strongly recommend that you stay in school and not do the online school thing, you are going to miss a lot of experiences and opportunities with girls and friendships and perhaps if you try hard enough you can get a scholarship to Harvard ... why not? , Money always comes and go but true friends are forever.

priselive

Activity: 81

View Profile
February 08, 2019, 01:14:03 PM

Prioritize yourself! First finish school, then go to work! Work is enough for everyone, online training is not effective, and few people take it seriously, and then you will not even have the strength to get behind it, it’s like chasing two rabbits, first complete what started and then there will be work.
gloriam5

Activity: 86

View Profile
February 08, 2019, 01:24:20 PM

you will not get the knowledge that you could get on the spot in school, all the same school knowledge is a decent crust, you should not lose it.
belford11

Activity: 67

View Profile
February 08, 2019, 04:37:18 PM

You do not need to ask for advice, take responsibility for your life, and do as you want and how convenient.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: