Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 10:20:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How Ethereum’s Move to Proof-of-Stake affect the price?  (Read 138 times)
bozicso (OP)

Activity: 250
Merit: 14

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2018, 12:33:49 PM

We all know story In August of Vitalik Buterin, creator of Ethereum, released the https://github.com/ethereum/research/wiki/Casper-Version-1-Implementation-Guide for the first version of Casper. As a hybrid proof-of-stake (PoS)/proof-of-work (PoW) algorithm, Casper v1 is going to decrease (and eventually end) the profitability for Ethereum miners.

The release date is estimated to be sometime in 2018

If we take it to stop mining because profitability and that the stake can be 1000 ETH, that mean less ''unlocked'' coins for trade. This is also important because these 5-6 million cards will pass to other altcoins and put their difficult to moon!? My opinion is that ETH mining will significantly affect the crypto world

How do you look at the future of mining and how this can be reflected in a coin price?

upcomingcarsreview.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
musta5a

Activity: 294
Merit: 7

BITDEPOSITARY - Make ICO's , More Secure

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 12:37:30 PM

well the thing is that mining is becoming really against the environment so any efforts to save electricity are most welcome from my perspective. When it can be done differently, why would we support energies going down the drain? We should think in broader horizons than eth prices only. When it comes to price, it can cause short term shakes but nothing significant from long run

BITDEPOSITARY ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ - JOIN US -
| ● Q-RATIO MARKET FUNDING COMMUNITY | ● MAKE ICO'S MORE SECURE, STOP SCAMS WITH BITDEPOSITARY |
ujinice

Activity: 574
Merit: 15

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 12:39:50 PM

I believe that the price will grow strongly, because the coin will become more promising when it goes to a more technological protocol.
Mohamme

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 01:27:48 PM

I think ETH's conversion of POS mechanism and POW mechanism will further increase the price and reduce the loss of resources, which is conducive to environmental protection, and more and more projects based on ETH.

asayoyaasa
Copper Member

Activity: 648
Merit: 159

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2018, 01:35:55 PM

If ETH go full PoS i think the price will go up, cause there no more ethereum to mine. But i guess that mean rich person get more richer and poor people getting poorer. I mean the people who have the most ethereum will get the most stake right ?

This is my main account. My alt account for bounty report in the future >> asa crypto info
bozicso (OP)

Activity: 250
Merit: 14

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2018, 08:49:56 AM

If ETH go full PoS i think the price will go up, cause there no more ethereum to mine. But i guess that mean rich person get more richer and poor people getting poorer. I mean the people who have the most ethereum will get the most stake right ?
yup, but what you mean about miner who will left ETH and come on other ALT. That is not small number (5-6 millions cards). How any alt can be profitable in that case?

upcomingcarsreview.com
xiaoyum

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

Blockchain with solar energy

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 08:54:42 AM

I think price won't increase after the event. There are so many ethereum miners that may leave chain to mine another coin. It won't be disastrous but I expect price drop at first couple of months.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  [     CRYPTOS⚫LARTECH      ]  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
  White Paper     ||   BLOCKCHAIN & ENERGY FOR A BETTER WORLD   ||     One Pager 
Telegram      Facebook      Twitter      [[     TOKEN SALE is LIVE     ]]      Medium      Youtube      Reddit
Snakerist

Activity: 336
Merit: 15

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 08:56:59 AM

I think the price of Ethereum after the POS adoption will only increase, because POS mining stimulates to hold coins.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: