Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 04:01:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Litecoin Cash  (Read 109 times)
1r0n1c (OP)

Activity: 1040
Merit: 128

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 01:03:27 PM

hi folks,

sorry for disturbing with stupid questions but I´m new in the cryptoworld.
There will be a fork of Litecoin soon. Actually I own some litecoins on Bitstamp as I trade with them.

Can somebody tell me what to do, that I will receive Litecoin Cash when the fork is going on (bitstamp won´t support LCC).

I´m looking forward to your replies.

Thank you guys

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ghua78

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 01:06:22 PM

i think you will have to give them pass to your litecoin account.
of course it is not good to give passwords to anybody so how it is done you move everything from your X litecoin address to a NEW one. then you give them pass to your X account, so they can verify that you owned the coins but account is empty so they cannot rob you.
something like that, it is explained on their website i think.
1r0n1c (OP)

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 01:14:50 PM

i think you will have to give them pass to your litecoin account.
of course it is not good to give passwords to anybody so how it is done you move everything from your X litecoin address to a NEW one. then you give them pass to your X account, so they can verify that you owned the coins but account is empty so they cannot rob you.
something like that, it is explained on their website i think.

seriously?
I will never give my password out to somebody!!

Please there must be another solution
asayoyaasa
Copper Member

Activity: 648
Merit: 159

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2018, 01:22:31 PM

Search what market support litecoin Cash, move your fund there. when the fork happening youll receive your LCC there.

This is my main account. My alt account for bounty report in the future >> asa crypto info
1r0n1c (OP)

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 01:32:10 PM

Search what market support litecoin Cash, move your fund there. when the fork happening youll receive your LCC there.

yeah I tried but can´t find any Exchange -.-
alphalifter304

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 01:33:52 PM

Be careful the developers of Litecoin are warning people of a possible scam! Just a heads up! I have plenty of Litecoin so we will see
Multiple Souces*
https://www.fxstreet.com/news/litecoin-price-in-an-upward-trend-despite-rumors-of-an-overhyped-fork-possibility-of-a-scam-201802121240
https://coincodex.com/article/1283/some-facts-about-the-forthcoming-litecoin-fork/
limmousine

Activity: 546
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 01:42:02 PM

For more details you can visit the Thread Announcement and discuss with developers or other LTC holders.

Will I be able to claim if I have coins stored on an exchange? Or a Ledger hardware wallet?

Exchange deposit addresses are generally no use, as you have no way of accessing the private key. We hope that exchanges will support us and credit LTC holders with LCC automatically. No announcements yet; keep an eye on our website.

The very best way to hold coins during the fork where you know you'll have control of the keys is to use a desktop Litecoin wallet such as Litecoin Core or Jaxx.

If you use a Ledger, the simplest solution is to move funds from your Ledger to a desktop wallet, just until the fork block happens.

Part of the reason it's so great is that it's impossible for you to directly access private keys for your wallet addresses. What is possible is to use your 24-word BIP39 phrase in conjunction with an offline tool such as this one, which you must save and run locally while disconnected from the internet. That tool can derive your private keys from your 24-word phrase, however, you really shouldn't do this. For one thing, you'll need to reinitialize your Ledger wallet in order to practice safe forking. It's really simplest to transfer your LTC to a desktop wallet, and transfer it back after the fork.

IN ALL CASES: Practice safe forking. That means you must never paste private keys that hold live funds into ANY website or wallet in order to claim fork coins -- including ours. After the fork, FIRST move your LTC to a new address, THEN use the private key from the "old" address to claim your LCC.

Does my wallet need to be unencrypted during the fork?

No; it doesn't even need to be open. Paper wallets and other forms of cold wallet will receive LCC without issue.

If I own Litecoin, do I automatically own Litecoin Cash too?

YES - Anyone holding Litecoin at block 1371111 will have 10X as much Litecoin Cash. If your LTC is stored by a third party such as an exchange, then you must inquire with them about claiming your Litecoin Cash.

How do I claim my Litecoin Cash once I have my LTC private key?

Firstly, NEVER paste private keys that hold any currency into ANY website or wallet in order to claim forked coins (including ours). Practice responsible forking: 1. Wait for the fork; 2. Move your Litecoin to a new address; 3. Use the private key for the "old" address to claim your Litecoin Cash.

We've made it super easy to claim. No need to mess around in the debug console! When our wallet’s released, you'll find a menu item to help you import your Litecoin private keys and claim your Litecoin Cash.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: