Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 07:52:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Do not get scammed!!!  (Read 215 times)
CryptoNerd.io (OP)

Activity: 71
Merit: 6

CryptoNerd.io

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2018, 01:13:16 PM
Merited by OmegaStarScream (1)

Just a word of advice.

Do not trust anyone on this forum.
Users are selling their accounts, and scammers are easily jumping from account to account.

Do not buy any "hero, legandary" etc accounts, do not buy merit, any other accounts, if only supported way of payment is eth/btc etc.
You will be scammed, and scammer will simply jump to  different forum account.
If paypal avail, or their own site, then yes, you can try buying.

If you see person seling any accounts here, CHECK THEIR TRUST (click on link!!!). If you see any recent positive trust - check trust of other guys who gave positive trust to person from who you want to buy something.
Why? Because if scammer will have few accounts, he usually work in closed loop, giving positive trust to his own accounts.
Also normally, such accounts will have NEGATIVE feedback previously.

After a "MERIT" program was introduced, many "newbies" are quite pissed off that they cannot even set their own avatar due to... lack of merit. Like me.
In most cases, they will be scammer victims.

If youre newbie here - do not risk your money to buy account or anything here, as there are plenty od scammers here.

Do not be naive, do not trust anyone!!

CryptoNerd.io - currently looking for (more or less) skilled team, translators, admins etc

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Darerando

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 06:13:01 PM

Just a word of advice.

Users are selling their accounts, and scammers are easily jumping from account to account.

Do not buy any "hero, legandary" etc accounts, do not buy merit, any other accounts, if only supported way of payment is eth/btc etc.

If you see person seling any accounts here, CHECK THEIR TRUST (click on link!!!). If you see any recent positive trust - check trust of other guys who gave positive trust to person from who you want to buy something.
Why? Because if scammer will have few accounts, he usually work in closed loop, giving positive trust to his own accounts.

After a "MERIT" program was introduced, many "newbies" are quite pissed off that they cannot even set their own avatar due to... lack of merit. Like me.

If youre newbie here - do not risk your money to buy account or anything here, as there are plenty od scammers here.

Thanks for the advice, that was insightful I'm going to keep this  for reference.
AlisaWhishie

Activity: 322
Merit: 20

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2018, 08:06:28 PM

Great topic for newbies! It is obvious that there are a lot of scammers in the Internet, though this community may seem pretty reliable at the first glance. Especially if we talk about users with a positive trust. Anyway, you must always be on guard.

I would like to add some things:

If someone will offer you to buy merit, do not even try to do that. You will most likely get scammed or just receive a negative trust, because merit trade is strictly prohibited. And with negative trust you will not be able to use any of privillages that a high ranked account gives, such as signature campaigns.

paiinfo

Activity: 15

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 09:36:15 PM

The title of this topic https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=33835.0. sums it up succinctly : "Trust No One".
Danstan

Activity: 84

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 10:02:17 PM

The title of this topic https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=33835.0. sums it up succinctly : "Trust No One".

I read the message, when we are to trust no one, then why do bounty hunters join campaign were in they can be paid or they will not be, or either they will get scammed and no thank you at all for their work?  Why do we even here if we don't trust no one? Make sense?

We give trust whether we like it or not, trust with hope to be exact, but before trusting you should have check their profile and see their background , that's what they mean, because giving trust and hoping too much hope from it then it will result to frustration...

The message should be "careful who you trust"
ferall

Activity: 672
Merit: 265

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 10:13:01 PM

Yep - Trust nobody.

Avoid Masternode scams on all those shitcoins.

scheascha

Activity: 43

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 11:08:44 PM

Everybody lies as House M.D. would say Smiley Anyway, thanks for this piece of advice. I would also add that you always need to figure out what's going on before you do something. I'm a newbie in crypto, so I read, observe and have my patience until I'm ready to buy or sell something.
ankurguta87

Activity: 364
Merit: 117

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 05:34:25 AM

Just a word of advice.

Its true.  But these all are basics.  And not only on Bitcointalk everywhere you should follow above rules. You should not trust any website/New site/Blog etc for making your decision
on investment.
Their are possibility that website like ICObench may alot a fake ranking for few bitcoins. So every time you need to apply your mind.

Bitcointalk still a strict forum. Every time moderators are developing new methodology to minimize the scam in this forum. I found this forum really useful.

Before one year I was knowing nothing about Bitcoin. I shared many thread here like which wallet , which exchange and got help in few minutes.

Its best place to learn about cryptos....
Indohunter

Activity: 154
Merit: 24

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2018, 05:55:16 AM

I read the message, when we are to trust no one, then why do bounty hunters join campaign were in they can be paid or they will not be, or either they will get scammed and no thank you at all for their work?  Why do we even here if we don't trust no one? Make sense?
Hi there, I think you are misunderstanding here.
for bounty or any campaign it's different cases. The whole topic that OP talks about is don't trust anyone for buying or selling account/anything here, especially for red trust member(negative trust).
gordonulevitt

Activity: 3

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 10:05:58 AM

New deals are hard to come by!

People are always willing to believe in some senior members!
edundayo

Activity: 91
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 01:20:02 PM

Just a word of advice.

Nice advice, I'll like to add;

There's no FREE meal anywhere in the world, everything in life always will cost you something, trying to avoid paying the cost is what usually get many people in trouble.

Learn to control your greed, most people that let their greed get over them almost always get scammed.

A quitter never wins and winners never quit!
superving

Activity: 938
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 02:10:55 PM

Everyone in this forum must know this, when money is involve no one can be trusted.  Money can change anything even a person with a good image.

Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2018, 05:59:45 PM

It is always recommended to invest time in doing research and understanding the things before investing even a penny. If someone is trading with another member for the first time then in such case it is highly recommended to appoint reputed escrow, there are many good escrows on this forum. Nothing can be done after getting scammed so even if it is taking time for the deal one should never ignore the same. I have saved my huge amount of money just because I did research before taking any investment decision. Senior members are very helpful and they will always help us in case of any genuine difficulty. However, one should give the first priority to the search box instead of starting a new topic.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: