Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 07:40:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What do you think about Bitcoin Forks?  (Read 154 times)
ChangeNOW (OP)

Activity: 217
Merit: 17

ChangeNOW. Non-custodial and limitless exchange.

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2018, 01:33:17 PM

They say that it's going to be more than 50 BTC forks in 2018. Have you tried any? Do you think they're all scam? Share your thoughts, please.

▒ NOW token ▒ by ChangeNOW ▒ Get the WIN! ▒
ChangeNOW - an instant Non-custodial Exchange Service  (( changenow.io ))

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CoinEraser
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1718

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 04:00:57 PM

I think the most of this fork's are worthless and not useful. Only two or three forks are useful. Many forks are only here to make money and to scam people. I don't need this forks. Most forks try to benefit from the name Bitcoin. In some month the hype about Bitcoin forks are over and the most forks have zero value. Thats i think about the forks.
ChangeNOW (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2018, 04:10:42 PM

agreed

yoseph

Activity: 868
Merit: 266

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 04:13:39 PM

I think the most of this fork's are worthless and not useful. Only two or three forks are useful. Many forks are only here to make money and to scam people. I don't need this forks. Most forks try to benefit from the name Bitcoin. In some month the hype about Bitcoin forks are over and the most forks have zero value. Thats i think about the forks.
I agree it doesn’t really improve anything in the bitcoin network, the only improvement that’s really necessary and important is making the block size bigger and most of the forks are just used to create new currencies that’s all.
jtipt

Activity: 1064
Merit: 529

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 04:20:17 PM

They say that it's going to be more than 50 BTC forks in 2018. Have you tried any? Do you think they're all scam? Share your thoughts, please.

Free money. That's basically the extent of what these shit forks are going to give me, I'm not holding any of those dump them as soon as they hit any exchanges. Free money, what better than that, right?

Honestly all these forks are just like any other new shitcoin that is created everyday, this is just a new marketing technique. Since BTC is so popular, if the shitcoin gets the bitcoin in its name it automatically becomes more popular that atleast some other unknown altcoins.
VN_Boutique

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 04:30:25 PM

I think it improve BTC better!!
Xavofat

Activity: 938
Merit: 559

Did you see that ludicrous display last night?

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 04:32:20 PM

There can be forks any time and they're extremely simple to create.  I strongly doubt that there will be 50 relevant forks, because there's a point at which they become so derivative that even some of the most naive groups being involved begin to give up.

A significant reason for developers deciding to create unnecessary forks is because when the fork is perceived as significant by the public, it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy in which companies are pressured to implement the fork on their platform and allow people to trade it or send it.  But in order to do that, they have to gain enough traction among the public to create this pressure - with each fork, this influence gets weaker and weaker.

At some point, creating forks for money will become less appealing for dodgy developers because it'll cross a line at which people don't bother with them anymore.
ChangeNOW (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2018, 10:48:40 AM

There can be forks any time and they're extremely simple to create.  I strongly doubt that there will be 50 relevant forks, because there's a point at which they become so derivative that even some of the most naive groups being involved begin to give up.

A significant reason for developers deciding to create unnecessary forks is because when the fork is perceived as significant by the public, it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy in which companies are pressured to implement the fork on their platform and allow people to trade it or send it.  But in order to do that, they have to gain enough traction among the public to create this pressure - with each fork, this influence gets weaker and weaker.

At some point, creating forks for money will become less appealing for dodgy developers because it'll cross a line at which people don't bother with them anymore.

Sounds interesting! On your opinion are there any forks worth mentioning? That can bring real value to the community?

JuniAiko

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

DOGE:DDvXm3ZkXSFeZF9YVaTWGNyBZzfwVf8nnh

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2018, 10:49:37 AM

This is one big thing that I like about NEO. Nobody can FORK with NEO.
NEO is THE ONE!

Forks to me are plagiarism. If these people want to create their own coin, they should put in the hard work to properly develop it.

[|NEO|ONT|XLM|WAN|ADA|ELA|VEN|EOS|NCASH|TRX|IOTA|>
ogini

Activity: 406

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 10:56:46 AM

I have only benefited from only one fork ask of other i see no different in the fork,i think they are of no use and some are just to scam people for me i do not need any fork.
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 11:24:47 AM

i don't think we can call them "scams" exactly. at least not all of them. i prefer the word "useless" a lot better when describing them. because that's what they are, a bunch of useless tokens that were created out of a useful currency and they are feeding from bitcoin's brand like a parasite.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 11:28:45 AM

I explained what fork means a while ago here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2848318.msg29220220#msg29220220
what you say is true only if by "fork" you mean the first type which is simply upgrading bitcoin and adding new features or removing some rules (like to fix a bug). for example the P2SH fork improved bitcoin.

but if it is the second meaning, which OP is asking about then you are wrong. they don't do anything to bitcoin.

Only Bitcoin
Ahimoth

Activity: 812
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 03:47:28 PM

I explained what fork means a while ago here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2848318.msg29220220#msg29220220
what you say is true only if by "fork" you mean the first type which is simply upgrading bitcoin and adding new features or removing some rules (like to fix a bug). for example the P2SH fork improved bitcoin.

but if it is the second meaning, which OP is asking about then you are wrong. they don't do anything to bitcoin.
There is much demand for bitcoin because people see the several good things about bitcoin; how it can benefit them in many ways. Bitcoin has really helped some to finance their expenses or even to achieve financial freedom. Others see it as a good invesment with a return that's really worth it. Some see it as a better way to pay for online payments.  or transactions. Some see it as a better way to pay for online payments or transactions. Other have earned extra income through bitcoin.
MintDice

Activity: 238
Merit: 46

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 05:09:40 PM

Some fork coins will likely pump in the future, but most will die. There's no reliable way to. predict either of these outcomes. There's a lot of effort required to claim these coins, so it's up to the buyer to decide if the reward is worth it.
salterious

Activity: 258
Merit: 100

The revolutionary Export system/One-click Export

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2018, 05:13:24 PM

They aren't all scams (most are) but they definitely don't add much value to the ecosystem and for that reason I wish exchanges wouldn't list these coins. However, it doesn't matter everybody will see the forks true value after 2018 and same for Bitcoin. We won't be discussing these forks in 2019, you watch.

INTERNATIONAL TRADING PLATFORM ►One-click Export
     EXPORT ONLINE     
ANN  Whitepaper    Telegram    Facebook    Steemit    YouTube    Twitter    Medium
amzad

Activity: 172

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 05:30:22 PM

Generally, bitcoins are the main project for all parameters and subsequent interconnected directives (forks). The Bitcoin source code is freely available and anyone interested in the topic can download it, make it supplementary, and modify the program code and thus create your own stick. At the end of 2017, 900 was registered officially on Altcoins, each of which has its own peculiarity, other advantages and obvious errors.
LTU_btc
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1331

Slava Ukraini!

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2018, 11:27:30 PM

I don't like these forks. I can't say that all of them are scams, because I don't know much about mostly of these forks and there is lack of information about it. I only claimed my free BCH so far and benefited from it decently. Maybe I will claim BTG also later. About other forks, I don't think it's worth hassle to claim coins which are worth only few dollars.
How you can improve BTC by creating new altcoin?

Julunguul

Activity: 473
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2018, 11:56:26 PM

i think forks are the new way to get another free bitcoin, just store your btc to some trusted markets and sometimes you will get the same amount of it.
of course the price after that works will be vary depends on its project
Manoharachan

Activity: 93
Merit: 4

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 12:11:17 AM

It might happen, even more than 50 BTC, and hopefully it will happen and run well for 2018, even though I have not tried and I am interested to try it
Jossy111

Activity: 133
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 12:24:57 AM

there are lots of people out there trying to seize this opportunity of the present situation to scam people. I don't really like these forks for anything though I can't say that all of them are scams, because I don't know much about mostly of these forks and there is lack of information about it, but there are lots scam alert now about people using different means to dub people of their hard earned money so lets be careful how we get information.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: