Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 01:12:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: MyCrypto or MyEtherWallet  (Read 1425 times)
ChangeNOW (OP)

Activity: 217
Merit: 17

ChangeNOW. Non-custodial and limitless exchange.

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2018, 02:21:01 PM
Merited by drakegon (1)

Seems like the deal gone bad between the heads of MyEtherWallet. Would you switch to MyCrypto or stick to MEW?

If you are not aware of the situation, read this https://cointelegraph.com/news/wallet-wars-myetherwallet-developer-goes-solo-to-launch-mycrypto

▒ NOW token ▒ by ChangeNOW ▒ Get the WIN! ▒
ChangeNOW - an instant Non-custodial Exchange Service  (( changenow.io ))

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
allanr

Activity: 345
Merit: 114

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2018, 02:23:15 PM

Bassicaly the same, but because myetherwallet allready in my bookmark for a year i let it be that way. I mean its doesnt matter wich one we use they dont get any profit from us either.
greenfomo

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 02:31:12 PM

MEW, if the dev left behind will continue to work on it. Otherwise, will look for something else. Kind of against MyCrypto for what they did (or at least what's visible to the public).
kimimaki

Activity: 69

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 02:32:51 PM

Seems like the deal gone bad between the heads of MyEtherWallet. Would you switch to MyCrypto or stick to MEW?

If you are not aware of the situation, read this https://cointelegraph.com/news/wallet-wars-myetherwallet-developer-goes-solo-to-launch-mycrypto

My Mycrypto.com is just a renewal of MyEtherWallet domain, maybe new security issue, new domain. I myself have not tried maybe still beta. If you read through the website above the possibility MyEtherWallet and Mycrypto are the same, MyCrypto is just a new branding from MEW.
pazzanegro

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2018, 02:34:08 PM

Both are ok, but usually developers advising myetherwallet to receive bounties etc. You would prefer myetber neither mycrypto, thats only my personal opinion

GAMEHERO.APP CEO
kevoh

Activity: 448
Merit: 110

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 02:35:39 PM

I just hope some form of rogue hacking of website (wallet interface) does not happen behind the scenes in the name of competing for the best Ethereum and ERC20 token wallet, especially as MyCrypto founder was among the original developers of Myetherwallet.

I have no special preference for either wallets and would immediately switch allegiance to Mycrypto if I believe it offers better features than Myetherwallet.
tamango

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 02:35:58 PM

Myetherwallet+ ledger is actually a great combo. So I Will stay with MEW until There Will be a wallet with real different features
alexey8080

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 02:40:38 PM

Continue to use MEW.
I see no reason to change it, Everything suits me.
silent17

Activity: 420
Merit: 119

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 02:44:24 PM

On my opinion, It really doesn't matter what website we use, whether its myetherwallet or mycrypto, because in the first place, this two website is not really a wallet, we just need it to create wallet and to send some transaction. Because we still use our wallet. But as of the moment, the most reliable website to use of course is myetherwallet and many of the users nowadays are already familiar with how to use this.
teilwalL05

Activity: 980
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 02:46:12 PM

I really don't know about MyCrypto I am just hearing it in the forum, telegram, facebook and twitter and it will be a big hit on some users and if it will have a different features than MEW, So in my opinion I am still sticking up with MyEtherWallet because I have known this since last year and I am not very familiar with a different wallet to trust my tokens.
dealung

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 02:49:12 PM

I honestly confused with both, but I do not want to be careless and keep using MEW.
If you have used MyCrypto, please provide a review. Is it safe or not?
JohnMacZeppelin

Activity: 602
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 02:49:36 PM

I recently heard about the MyCrypto project and indeed it has much more possibilities, since it has a wider range of services and capabilities. But despite all this I still support the MyEtherWallet project.
herurist

Activity: 1680
Merit: 259

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 02:54:20 PM

Use MEW and never use other to support my activity. Mew give me enough what need and always up date valuable information also keep try to raise their performance. Even use it for a year I think MEW is better than others, so no need to switch. That's my opinion and never lost faith with MEW.

███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████████████████
████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄██
███████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀█████
████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████
██████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀█████████████████
████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
blue_id69

Activity: 266
Merit: 104

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 02:58:16 PM

Ill keep using my etherwallet, its allready suit me afterall. And both site have no different though. It use to send our ether and token.
alwaysmyn

Activity: 30
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 02:58:41 PM

I have used MEW for quite some time now so far it never gave me any problems. I don't know about mycrypto but I'm more comfortable with MEW as of the moment. I wouldn't switch to something else as long as there's NOT really a need to. But I'm not closing my door to mycrypto so we'll just see how this new one goes.
ManaMan

Activity: 238
Merit: 38

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 03:00:15 PM

If you ask me I'd tell you to install some lightweight wallet or simply store offline if possible unless you will move your coins frequently. For me it's to much of a hustle to go around copy and paste my private key on open within my browser. If for whatever reason I want to do this I do it through debian live OS offline if possible and since I have MEW website backedup as a offline copy I guess I'd stick with it if I ever need it in future. But if something changes in future guess will have to change.

But as I see many people here tell they will continue to stick with MEW so this is what I will do. Don't have time to run through mycrypto code and see if it contains clean code.
fargoway

Activity: 164

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 03:17:54 PM

If MEW continues to maintain its functionality, what for should I change the wallet.. As for me, it suits me completely for the time being. Besides, the wallet change will take some time anyway.
macit800

Activity: 322
Merit: 40

“The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem”

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2018, 03:19:33 PM

I followed the split of MyEtherWallet and mostly I will use Metamask with Myetherwallet as it functions as normal...

VenturaBro

Activity: 168

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 03:20:45 PM

Been using MEW for some time now and will continue doing so. It's simple, it works, and is secure - what's not to love.
TheBestICO

Activity: 24

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 03:21:36 PM

i will still choose MyEtherWallet for sure, MEW is the best so far.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: