Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 03:04:41 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: MyCrypto or MyEtherWallet  (Read 1434 times)
VanDeinsberg12

Activity: 1540
Merit: 507

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 01:42:04 PM

Myetherwallet+ ledger is actually a great combo. So I Will stay with MEW until There Will be a wallet with real different features

I guess the most ppl will continue to use MEW just because they used to. But if mycrypto will provide some usefull features (I don't even know what could they offer), I'd probably move to mycrypto too.
Mycrypto and mew is similar, there is on differences between both of wallets. But honestly mycrypto developer is more active to give any update to the github code rather than mew. I just try to use my crypto and it works similar like myetherwallet. But the majority of people familiar with mew and that means the demand will still on the mew.

.......[url]CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS...........[URL].....►  C O M I N G   S O O N.....
ePesoInitiative

Activity: 924
Merit: 260

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 03:54:58 PM

MyEtherWallet is really great so there is no need to change it. I am really against upgrading for the sake of upgrading only. Especially in the world of crypto where security is paramount and convenience and features - only secondary. MyEtherWallet has great track record for its security.

And when you pair MEW with a hardware wallet - you get really the best option out there.
Yes you right guys,  MEW is the best wallet and have a great track record for its security,  but there're news about MEW will changing into MyCryptowallet. The advantages of MyCryptowallet is this wallet not only can save ETH coin,  also can save LiteCoin and XRP. But i think MyCryptowallet will more complicated than MEW,  because this wallet need KYC for verification..  And now,  i still don't trust with MyCryptowallet,  i'm afraid MyCryptowallet just a fraud and phising site.

So are you saying - and correct me if I am wrong here - that in order to withdraw my founds stored on MEW and protected with my hardware wallet private key, I will need to provide any documents and prove my identity?

After all my private keys are on my hardware wallet and no third party can prohibit that I withdraw the funds if I want to.

There's no KYC or it could ever be implemented in a decentralized  online wallet tool. Once you ALONE knows the private key, no one else can do aything about it.

MisO69
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005

My mule don't like people laughing

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 04:12:31 PM

I don't see why people think this is an issue. This is a good thing. We need more options.

BarkingHawk

Activity: 197
Merit: 190

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 04:16:11 PM

MyEtherWallet is the way to go.  As long as you know how to use it correctly then you won't have any problems.

Prettygirl01315

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 04:21:51 PM

I will choose myetherwallet because it is easy to use and i can make wallets by inputting password and next i can save my json file for emergency as will as the private key for much more easier of opening the wallet. Didnt here much abobut MyCrypto so i go MEW
cryptotnak

Activity: 194
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 04:24:14 PM

I will still use the original website,because i do believe these forked websites or forked team from MEW are very unprofessional changing MEW's official twitter account into their prefered new name after they get out from the team?hat is tvery unprofessional!Sticking with what we have a long time ago would be the best thing because MEW is the most trusted ethereum wallet today.

Genamant

Activity: 730
Merit: 102

Trphy.io

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 04:26:12 PM

Seems like the deal gone bad between the heads of MyEtherWallet. Would you switch to MyCrypto or stick to MEW?

If you are not aware of the situation, read this https://cointelegraph.com/news/wallet-wars-myetherwallet-developer-goes-solo-to-launch-mycrypto

Not sure what makes mycrypto better than myetherwallet. Im still using myetherwallet, simply because I dont feel the need to switch to mycrypto, atleast as of now. Unless they are closing MEW website, i will switch to mycrypto. But now, contented and somewhat Im used to myetherwallet. So definitely sticking to it for now.

Lanatsa

Activity: 2870
Merit: 657

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 04:29:42 PM

Seems like the deal gone bad between the heads of MyEtherWallet. Would you switch to MyCrypto or stick to MEW?

If you are not aware of the situation, read this https://cointelegraph.com/news/wallet-wars-myetherwallet-developer-goes-solo-to-launch-mycrypto
I would stick to traditional ways that I do use for long which I always prefer on using MEW. I haven't read up the link but still I don't have the plans on making use of that Mycrypto. I'm fine already with MEW on where I do make use to store up all of my coins.Just always remember to keep up important informations to avoid being hacked or losing all of your tokens. Be responsible for your own wallet.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
rudox

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 04:31:54 PM

Whether I will switch over to mycrypto from myEtherwallet depend on the features MycryptoWallet is coming out with. If it will have a hacker proof features like password, email confirmation before signing in to your account which features that are lacking in present MyEtherWallet  and  if the crypto community will massively adopt it then I will switch over.  
kulitmanggis

Activity: 233

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 04:32:36 PM

I will still be loyal to MEW because there safer and its appearance is more interesting I still do not trust with new market provider like that, I just believe with MEW.
musta5a

Activity: 294
Merit: 7

BITDEPOSITARY - Make ICO's , More Secure

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 04:37:39 PM

I'm definitely sticking to mew. The reason is simple, what that Taylor person has done is scam as her partner - founder - didn't know about it. And she has stolen the twitter account without his knowledge. There is no way I'm going to support this kind of behavior and I believe no one else should.

BITDEPOSITARY ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ - JOIN US -
| ● Q-RATIO MARKET FUNDING COMMUNITY | ● MAKE ICO'S MORE SECURE, STOP SCAMS WITH BITDEPOSITARY |
Geenstijl
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 04:37:57 PM

To be honest I like MyCrypto a little bit more. It has better GUI IMO. But it's just the matter of preference. I guess MyCrypto will develop much faster and attract more and more people.
Thadeous
Copper Member

Activity: 588
Merit: 17

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 04:45:08 PM

To be honest I like MyCrypto a little bit more. It has better GUI IMO. But it's just the matter of preference. I guess MyCrypto will develop much faster and attract more and more people.

What about MyCrypto security? MEW is a safe and time proven way to manage ETH wallets.
As for me I need much more time and accumulated feedbacks concerning MyCrypto to switch to this service.
sonphamuser

Activity: 322
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 04:53:22 PM

What about MyCrypto security? MEW is a safe and time proven way to manage ETH wallets.
As for me I need much more time and accumulated feedbacks concerning MyCrypto to switch to this service.

Agree with you, i think need time to get feedback from user, right now i still using a MyEtherWallet to send and receive my token  Grin
housebtc

Activity: 588
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 05:13:52 PM

I think it is too early for now to say this one would be better than the other, I read that they developer currently behind MEW has not being contributing much to the project, the only advaantage MEW has over MC is the name but time has proven that people will follow sound service.
picaszo

Activity: 434

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2018, 05:27:42 PM

i think i will stay on MEW . i like simple things and easy to use. but maybe someday i will try MyCrypto
Iyanuisaiah

Activity: 280

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 10:09:30 AM

I do prefer myetherwallet, because to me it is very easy to use and also i have my trust in myetherwallet. But i know that i will use mycryto as well one day.
Ciucas

Activity: 266

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2018, 10:13:07 AM

MyEtherWallet is my choice. I like that it's very easy to use and i think it's very secure also.
It would be nice if they could add some kind of 2FA system though.

Deancooel1

Activity: 151
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 10:14:24 AM

in my opinion both are the same, but I am more experienced in myetherwallet even it became one of my favorite wallet
yannick225

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 10:17:59 AM

If I had to choose between the two I would take MyEtherwallet of course, but in reality I do not use an online platform, I prefer to keep my cryptocurrency myself on my computer or on ledger nano, it's more secure and in this case you are completely owner of your coins.
In all other cases the risk of hack are very present so I advise you to avoid it to the maximum if you do not want to be hacked
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: