Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 01:17:17 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: MyCrypto or MyEtherWallet  (Read 1434 times)
luongdk

Activity: 686
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 11:51:08 AM

It seems to me that there is no much different between them, so I prefer MEW based on my conservative views, may be MyCrypto is better in something, but I haven't understood that yet, when here will be visual different - tell me please)
BobBoulder

Activity: 140
Merit: 16

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 12:02:37 PM

So far I have not seen a bigger difference so I'm still using MyEtherWallet.
Maybe MyCrypto will give us some innovations in the future. We need to wait and to see.
In any case, who can provide better security will also have more users.
dlhezter

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 12:33:36 PM

the majority is favor in MEW than MyCrypto because we already used proven this MEW several times before, and we had more trust on this security although MyCrypto also has. but for me MEW is the very best one wallet to store ethereum than any one eth wallet out there.
Raven91

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 12:36:36 PM

Seems like the deal gone bad between the heads of MyEtherWallet. Would you switch to MyCrypto or stick to MEW?

If you are not aware of the situation, read this https://cointelegraph.com/news/wallet-wars-myetherwallet-developer-goes-solo-to-launch-mycrypto
I feel more secured and safe using MyEtherwallet. Its more experienced and more popular than Mycrypto. And there is no really major difference between the two so why would you change if the current one is working fine. And also MEW  has no issues with me when it comes to my coins because it is being secured. So i will go with MEW
StevenCS

Activity: 319
Merit: 10

Apeswap Finance

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 01:24:11 PM

I think it will still use MyEtherWallet, because I've been using it for a long time, and it's fine until now. and no matter what we use, it will not lose our advantage.

A p e S w a p    ///    $BANANA Farms    |    $BANANA Pools    |    ApeSwap Exchange    ///
                                                     Stake now for over 900% APR!                                                    
⦁    TWITTER    ⦁    TELEGRAM GROUP    ⦁    MEDIUM    ⦁    TELEGRAM CHANNEL    ⦁    GITHUB    ⦁
bitcon
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 05:25:36 PM

Seems like the deal gone bad between the heads of MyEtherWallet. Would you switch to MyCrypto or stick to MEW?

If you are not aware of the situation, read this https://cointelegraph.com/news/wallet-wars-myetherwallet-developer-goes-solo-to-launch-mycrypto

I am waiting what will be the results of split in the management of MyEtherWallet. It is my favorite service where I keep a lot of funds. Now I don’t know what to do. Maybe MyCrypto is real alternative.
timshk

Activity: 70
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 05:31:57 PM

MEW is my favourite wallet.
Like it so much.
askmecrypto

Activity: 406
Merit: 109

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 05:48:15 PM

Eventually MyCrypto is a code clone of MyEtherwallet so using any of these is equivalent.

I am still using MyEtherwallet cause I find it ease and I am using it since a long long time. I may look towards MyCrypto in future as they have plans for adding a support feature.
bitcoinposts

Activity: 448

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 08:23:36 PM

Myetherwallet is god of smart contracts and pioneer of smart contracts no new site can capture the trust what myetherwallet gained all these years
the_viper

Activity: 315

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 08:35:31 AM

MyEtherWallet is the way to go.  As long as you know how to use it correctly then you won't have any problems.
BTCMILLIONAIRE

Activity: 1358
Merit: 834

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 08:44:18 AM

Completely uninterested, will stick to MEW with my hardware wallet. Don't see any benefit in moving over to something else.
hamster fat

Activity: 462

simply getting the job done

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 08:59:11 AM

I continue to use MyEtherWallet, although you can use both options. Both options seem to me good and safe.

Mycro Jobs                                                                                                                                                                                                   
| SIMPLY GETTING THE JOB DONE
⟩                                                                                                                                                     
                                                           ⟩⟩ Telegram ⟩⟩ Twitter ⟩⟩ Medium ⟩⟩ Github ⟩⟩ Instagram ⟩⟩ LinkedIn ⟩⟩ YouTube ⟩⟩ Facebook
Lasvista

Activity: 396
Merit: 104

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 10:51:13 AM

Still myetherwallet is one of the commonly used by users though , MEW is a lot easier to use and used it for a long time though. So for me still myetherwallet, it's a lot more secured and trusted.
Tospik

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2018, 03:56:42 AM

(This is my point of view of the situation)

I think we need to take into consideration the circumstances of the split. We do not know all. But what we know actually is that the big part of the team is working on MyCrypto henceforth. If you like the security, and you love using MyEtherWallet, you could stay on MyEtherWallet but what's gonna happen in the future ? The project could be not updated and getting more security faults.

What we know actually

At this moment we know that MyEtherWallet is a good service, there is no reason to stop using MyEtherWallet to move on a new wallet service. Also you have your habits on this website, it's easy to use and secure.

But, behind a project there is a lot of persons whos working on and a project can't evolve, still be secure and updated for many years if he loose his team, or he can by making a new team but the future would be different than the previous objectives of the first team.

MyEtherWallet was at the begenning a fun project, but now it's different and some of them wanted a fast growth and managing a real big company. So they decided to take big decisions and they split, the big part of the team then moved on MyCrypto.

What will happen in the future ?

In the next months and maybe the next years, MyEtherWallet could become different or just stay same as today and getting more problems, no updates etc...

The heart of MyEtherWallet is in MyCrypto and MyCrypto will become what MyEtherWallet should have become if they've worked together.

So actually I think you can stay on MyEtherWallet if you like, but in the future you could be brought to change for MyCrypto because there will be more features and more security.
timikulit

Activity: 196
Merit: 103

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 04:35:49 AM

Im aware on this and i choose to stay on myetherwallet even if the whole team leaves the starter and founder alone. If the service of MEW become bad, slow and not user friendly i will consider Mycrypto.

Mycrypto is just a backup if MEW fails.

xPASTELx

Activity: 191
Merit: 3

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 04:43:48 AM

If MyCrypto proves to be a value addition and an upgrade on MyEtherWallet then why not? but as for now MyEtherWallet hasn't disappointed so i see no need to move just because developers switched Alleghenies.

EndChain - Complete logistical solution for all markets and supply chains
ICO Starts:December 1, 2018 (https://endchain.io/)[/center
Dansamiv

Activity: 224
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 04:44:19 AM

I have used the familiar MEW for a while without any problems, however, your information is good and I will consider the backup option by mycrypto.
Viseryn

Activity: 128

quarkchain.io

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 05:24:04 AM

Both wallets are doing the same thing and I think there isn't any difference of safety in both.But I'm using MyEtherWallet for months and I didn't see any problem in it.Therefore I don't have any need to switch to a different wallet.

Tamilson

Activity: 1022
Merit: 503

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 05:36:38 AM

Both wallets are doing the same thing and I think there isn't any difference of safety in both.But I'm using MyEtherWallet for months and I didn't see any problem in it.Therefore I don't have any need to switch to a different wallet.

To be honest MyCrypto is new to my eyes and never experience using it. IMHO, even there's a lot of hacking in MEW I prefer to still use it and I'll just be cautious in using this. Maybe I'll just ask my friends if they used MyCrypto and know their feedback and also I'll try to research its background and the team behind this wallet.

Happy Coding Life Smiley
geyayy

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 05:46:48 AM

In my point of view, the situation between the two is irrelevant i mean the users should have the freedom to what is easier for them to use. I use MyEtherWallet since i think that it's a wallet with the easiest interface also, i used it for about 2 years now so i'm really used to it.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: