Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 03:21:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Tamagotchi's coming to the Ethereum Blockchain!  (Read 164 times)
Crelde (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 02:23:33 PM

Hey guys,

I've been reading a lot about the world of Aethia that is coming to the Ethereum blockchain. The information about the game is spread across telegram/discord/reddit/twitter. Which makes it hard to get the full overview about the game. Therefore i compiled a blog post with all the information I have been able to put together.

I would like to hear some opinions about the eco-system they are trying to build up. This is the first dApp that i have really taken an interest to because of the transparency of the team and the idea that they want to make it free to play for everyone. (freemium model)

What do you think about it?

https://cryptocurrencyhub.io/everything-we-know-about-ethergotchi-so-far-648bd25bcb50
allanr

Activity: 345
Merit: 114

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2018, 02:30:31 PM

This is will bring back old good time whhen i was a child with my tamagochi playing all day long. But after i read the article it will be alittle different form tamagochi it self. Not bad, i like cryptokitties i guess ill like this one too.
YuginKadoya
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 02:35:49 PM

Well I really think it would be popular if there are still people into a tamagochi thing kind of stuff, But I guess if the pet is super cute maybe there will be enthusiast of this kind of thing and it is free to play so you can completely play the game for free but certain eggs would required a 0.09 ETH for an OMEGA egg, Would I think be OK if a certain person is addicted to this kind of game and if your pet would die then goodbye 0.09 ETH, But I really think this is like the Crypto kitties that is already brought up to the community so I think I would never buy one at all.
cryptodagger

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

Stable coin to make charity free for everyone

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 02:40:12 PM

Hey guys,

I've been reading a lot about the world of Aethia that is coming to the Ethereum blockchain. The information about the game is spread across telegram/discord/reddit/twitter. Which makes it hard to get the full overview about the game. Therefore i compiled a blog post with all the information I have been able to put together.

I would like to hear some opinions about the eco-system they are trying to build up. This is the first dApp that i have really taken an interest to because of the transparency of the team and the idea that they want to make it free to play for everyone. (freemium model)

https://cryptocurrencyhub.io/everything-we-know-about-ethergotchi-so-far-648bd25bcb50
I remember when this game is launched and most of the kids in 90's wants to have a piece of tamagochi,thats good old days.Now if tamagochi would have a better features like having a 3d model of animals it would be a lot better because most of the fans of pokemon go would definitely play this game so they can recall their childhood moments,plus they can teach their childrens on how to play tamagochi bringing these kids to be more independent.

Crelde (OP)

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 02:48:25 PM

but certain eggs would required a 0.09 ETH for an OMEGA egg

Yeah, from their discord the team says that after the launch they won't be doing any egg sales, then there will only be those that new players can obtain for free, and those that come from mating.
And it seems like mating will be very limited, they won't breed like rats, as in cryptokitties. They can only mate once per lifetime, which could be a of couple months. Before they reincarnate.

Would I think be OK if a certain person is addicted to this kind of game and if your pet would die then goodbye 0.09 ETH

They say they are making it pretty hard for the ethergotchi to die and eggs can't die. But if they die you will be able to revive them, but that will probably cost you some of the ingame currency. (Which you get for free daily, based on how many ethergotchi you have)
siddartha1492

Activity: 952
Merit: 284

In love with Bitcoin!! 💓💕

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2018, 04:25:16 PM

I like the concept. This one seems to be much more interactive than Cryptokitties. I have signed up for this, hopefully this won't be another scam game. As of now, I am not buying any egg, just watching if they are making any actual progress.

bundo

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 04:37:35 PM

This is will bring back old good time whhen i was a child with my tamagochi playing all day long. But after i read the article it will be alittle different form tamagochi it self. Not bad, i like cryptokitties i guess ill like this one too.
System blockchain has entered in a unique game, I think this shows the revival of the game of antiquity Maybe the rules are different but for those who like this game is good news.
terible.hunter

Activity: 490
Merit: 10

Bitfresh - iGaming with 90s UI

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 04:41:58 PM

Yes, I also remembered my childhood, I wonder what they have come up with? Maybe they can do the same thing that the developers of the game Pokemon did? I remember there was a very strong sensation.

Crelde (OP)

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 08:54:18 AM

I wonder what they have come up with?
Well this is what they have mentioned so far, but it releases on the 19th !
So soon you will be able to try it, sorry I'm like super hyped!
porfenovich

Activity: 164
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 01:24:02 PM

Hey guys,

Really nice idea! It has made me reminisce about my old good past. The concept is great provided that it's not a scam
Crelde (OP)

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 10:20:54 AM

The concept is great provided that it's not a scam

I have been on the official discord for a long time, and i would be very surprised if this was some sort of scam.
They have hardly opened anyway to pay them ETH yet, the only way so far is by Omega eggs, where only 10 every 2 hours is released, and for 0.09ETH each they don't stack up to a lot.
The involvement from the team and their general culture is so refreshing.
Alpha is set to start on Monday, so crossing fingers it will be a good experience.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: