Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 03:06:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for social startup investment via blockchain  (Read 225 times)
cryptocro (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 03:01:35 PM

I would like to fund my social startup via blockchain. I realized that most of startups here are getting funded via ICOs, they create coins and they distribute coins to investors. My app is social one like Snapchat or Vine, it doesn't require coins. Can I look for investment via blockchain without ICO and coins?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Eleke Leba

Activity: 4

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 08:58:26 AM

Would have been a lot more helpful if you shared more information on your Social Startup idea, however Cofound.it https://www.cofound.it are helping startups grow and get funding by sparking a match between them and early adopters.

Startups
For startups looking to get adequate support to scale, amongst a host of offerings, here a few things Cofound.it offers;
1. Access to funding
2. Access to early adopters who are willing to try out your blockchain integrated product
3. Advisory and mentorship

Useful link for startups;
a. Criteria for application - http://bit.do/CFI_info
b. Application portal - http://bit.do/CFI_forum
jahn_quid

Activity: 182

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2018, 09:38:20 AM

I would like to fund my social startup via blockchain. I realized that most of startups here are getting funded via ICOs, they create coins and they distribute coins to investors. My app is social one like Snapchat or Vine, it doesn't require coins. Can I look for investment via blockchain without ICO and coins?

In a case as you describe (albeit not so many details), would "traditional" crowdfunding be a more practical option?

Conceptually, I think you can still have an ICO for your product by raising other tokens (BTC, ETH, etc.) for you/your venture to directly use; but investors would expect something in return (whether security or utility), which a project's tokens would normally provide.

What can you offer?
Aleksand1

Activity: 82

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2018, 04:16:51 AM

I as well created project which will help many people, and wanted to collect money with the aid of ICO which could create alone with the aid of githab, but present project should be created gradually and at all on the kind that to be fair with people which are ready to sponsor you and to assist you
Jenni5

Activity: 61

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 04:46:57 AM

Blockchain based ICOs (Initial Coin Offerings) can serve as an important way to securely raise money for funding a Start-Up. With the sake of tokens, a good amount of money can be raised to fund any kind of project, social media or ecommerce business. People would be able to earn back returns as well once the project successfully completes and start reaping the profits.

Coinnup (https://ico.coinnup.com) has come up with an advanced ICO that can serve as a very good option for funding your project as well.
drmilind2004

Activity: 280
Merit: 28

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 06:10:08 AM
Last edit: September 12, 2018, 10:31:39 AM by drmilind2004

Your request has a fundamental contradiction that makes it unlikely to work. If your product doesn't require any coin/token, then it's not on the blockchain. The coin /token is necessary to keep on mining, and thereby keep that blockchain alive.

You can look for investments without ICO and coins, but that's traditional investing. Given these constraints, you may seek out the Angels and VCs, or try your luck at some of the crowdfunding sites like Kickstarter.
whythatdo

Activity: 110

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 09:20:22 AM

why don't use an ICO, it's useful right now.
"There's been a significant amount of media coverage in relation to ICOs, especially as the blockchain and cryptocurrency industry evolves. However, taking a closer look, it appears that there are some critical gaps in the available information, which for many is misleading.

Of course, there are advantages to this model, including more rapid funding and fewer regulations -- which may actually be a double-edged sword. Unlike the traditional model, which requires startups to first build a company, generate revenue, and then get funding from angel investors (before landing a venture capitalist), ICOs provide somewhat of a shortcut." the entreprenuer.com
you can check it
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: