Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 06:20:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Articles on blockchain/crypto  (Read 258 times)
highperspective (OP)

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 03:49:48 PM

What kind of articles do you like reading the most in regards to blockchain/cryptocurrencies?
- technical articles on consensus mechanisms etc
- articles on the future applications of blockchain
- articles on adoption of blockchain
- blockchain from a business perspective
- articles on investment advises
- others?

What kind of articles do you like the most, and where do you read them?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
atrocityx

Activity: 336
Merit: 71

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 08:18:05 PM
Merited by Jet Cash (1)

Alot of the mainstream news articles in this space are really either too biased for or against the technology and future side of things.. so that part really makes me uneay.

Most of the information I accumulate off of each coin and the technology comes from the whitepaper, a few people I trust on youtube, or headlines from twitter (although all of these things have to be taken with a grain of salt).

Future of blockchain I'm still searching for with some quality content and will be revisiting this thread for information articles or pieces dealing specifically with that..

Investing is a tricky one.. as a position/day trader who only hodls bitcoin I find charts to be the best use of investment advice of whether something will pan out or not.. obviously in the future all these coins and investments can't maintain a floatable value and "shit coins" as they were will eventually goto zero, but as of now nothing that is bled out enough from all time highs wont yield you money as long as you are too greedy.. The one caveat is if the news/technology/excitement/unique idea information of a coin is all good, the coin may be worth holding longer since it may have a higher market cap ceiling.  I would use a coin's twitter feed/whitepaper/telegram to get 80% of news around these types of decisions and a few youtubers again and maybe sprinkle in a medium write up on why this is a good coin.

Others:
I really like Datadash's information on youtube, his coin picks are obviously biased and should be taken with a grain of salt but he taught me a lot about moving averages and seeing things in a more long term perspective instead of just on 1 hour charts..
Quickfingers Luc youtube channel taught me alot about safe zones for day trading that have helped my success quite a bit.

Telegram telegram telegram, people are a great news source.. even what they dont want you to pick on behind their nonstop shilling or fear as a group can help you avoid bad projects or atleast wait for them to go down more.. (sounds awful to say, but usually ignorance, fear, and panic will come out no matter how much people try to hide it if they talk to you enough).

Good post with lots of interesting stuff, will be revisiting this post for some articles about the future of blockchains and how will proof of work specifically look 10 years or 100 years from now.
ico41

Activity: 82
Merit: 13

Nothing in the cry of cicadas suggests ...

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2018, 05:41:56 PM

I agree that whitepapers are a good source for information, because in order to write a whitepaper that will be used to prove the worthiness of an investment in an ICO, quite a lot of research has to be done, and the pressure is on for accuracy.

Hackernoon and Medium often have good articles.

One of my favorite sources for serious reading about blockchain technology, however is Google Scholar. This is because academia is a good source of ideas for applications of blockchain because they are often unbiased and funded by research institutions.  You can find some interesting papers there, such as the HoneyBadger BFT project - many, many others. The writing is also a little more serious and useful from a technical perspective in my opinion.

Articles I don't like are these little clickbait articles on many of the "crypto" sites which turn out to be thinly researched and created from a specific point of view or thinly disguised advertisements. For those,  if I can't resist and and end up on one of those articles, it's not a total waste because you can scroll down to the comments, which are often better than the article!
fatirborju

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 04:04:53 AM

blockchain is a system that does not use any third party
records of transactions that have occurred, stored by many computers scattered in the network itself. So it would be harder to hack a system of hundreds or thousands of computers, and chances are small for all of those computers to be interrupted at the same time.
So if you for example pay for your coffee using Bitcoin (one of Cryptocurrency), Bitcoin for the payment of the coffee is transferred from your Bitcoin address to your Bitcoin cafe address in peer-to-peer. And these transactions will be recorded on all the computers scattered in the Bitcoin network.

minthit

Activity: 325
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 05:37:39 AM

I like reading the following articles
Usually, I have to explore online courses and books to read the technical articles on consensus mechanisms. But, it doesn't go smooth. Usually I got stuck when there's a necessity of sound basic technical knowledge to understand. Since, bitcoin is becoming more mainstream, it's not quite difficult to explore about the two other aspects. I usually read those from news channel.
gates

Activity: 167
Merit: 10

Revolutionising KYC Services

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 07:37:54 PM

What kind of articles do you like reading the most in regards to blockchain/cryptocurrencies?
- articles on adoption of blockchain
- articles on investment advises
- others?

What kind of articles do you like the most, and where do you read them?

i prefer to read technical articles on consensus mechanisms, articles on adoption of blockchain, articles on the future applications of blockchain. The rest topics are interested to discuss on forum or look some youtube videos. It is better to use different resources always.
stantpro

Activity: 280
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 02:09:20 PM

Articles on block chain technology is very key to me.More so, I like articles
about bitcoin and blockchain future.Any advancement in blockchain is an
article I would like to subscribe to.Investment in both bitcoin and other crypto
currency is another article to read as to gather the skills of crypto investing and
trading. Disributed ledger is another regarded topic in the blockchain space.Articles
on the integration of distributed ledger to blockchain technology would make rounds
of applause when exposed to the public in its simplest terms of education.
sp564

Activity: 86
Merit: 36

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 12:15:01 PM

I recently put to gather a list of my favorite blockchain books (this is part of a thread I started in the newbie forum for those who are looking for serious introductions). Hope they help!

--------------Books
- Blockchain Revolution by Alex & Don Tapscott https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01EGYYNF8/ref=dp-kindle-redirect?_encoding=UTF8&btkr=1

- Blockchain: Blueprint for a New Economy by Melanie Swan https://www.amazon.co.uk/Blockchain-Blueprint-Economy-Melanie-Swan-ebook/dp/B00SNS9JLW/ref=sr_1_7?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1520840872&sr=1-7&keywords=blockchain

- Cryptoassets: The Innovative Investor's Guide to Bitcoin and Beyond by Chris Burniske & Jack Tatar https://www.amazon.co.uk/Cryptoassets-Innovative-Investors-Bitcoin-Beyond/dp/1260026671/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1520840949&sr=8-1&keywords=cryptoassets

- Mastering Bitcoin, second edition by Andreas Antonopoulos https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mastering-Bitcoin-2e-Andreas-Antonopoulos/dp/1491954388/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1520841017&sr=1-1&keywords=mastering+bitcoin

-Blockchain Basics: A Non-Technical Introduction in 25 Steps by Daniel Drescher https://www.amazon.co.uk/Blockchain-Basics-Non-Technical-Introduction-Steps/dp/1484226038/ref=pd_sim_14_5?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=NAP99FMW6ET9KPW1S92G

- Introducing Ethereum and Solidity: Foundations of Cryptocurrency and Blockchain Programming for Beginners by Chris Dannen https://www.amazon.co.uk/Introducing-Ethereum-Solidity-Foundations-Cryptocurrency-ebook/dp/B06XQFYL2M/ref=pd_sim_351_14?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=WCDN0CBTB34FZRBM5NN3

- Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Technologies by Stanford https://d28rh4a8wq0iu5.cloudfront.net/bitcointech/readings/princeton_bitcoin_book.pdf
cheefbuza

Activity: 302
Merit: 15

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 01:26:57 PM

A lot of articles are talking about the future and the possible technology which will come with amazing unlimited opportunities.
It's really pleasant to read those articles and I have no complaints but, sometimes I would like to see some interesting full detailed articles about the past and the blockchain & cryptocurrency history is no less important. Bitcoin exists for over 9 years and a big part of the people came since December and still most of the people not in the industry for over a year. So I do think summing up what all the people right now missed in the last nine years could be very helpful and interesting. Eventually, projects development and entrepreneurship in the industry would be very interesting and attractive also so I'm not too much judgmental.
ucudara

Activity: 168
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 09:31:20 AM

Is blockchain innovation the new web?

The blockchain is a verifiably cunning creation – the brainchild of a man or gathering of individuals known by the pen name, Nakamoto. In any case, from that point forward, it has advanced into something more noteworthy, and the principle question each and every individual is asking is: What is Blockchain?

By enabling computerized data to be conveyed however not replicated, blockchain innovation made the foundation of another sort of web. Initially concocted for the advanced money, Bitcoin, (Buy Bitcoin) the tech network is presently finding other potential uses for the innovation.

Bitcoin has been called "advanced gold," and for a justifiable reason. To date, the aggregate estimation of the cash is near $9 billion US. What's more, blockchains can influence different kinds of advanced to esteem. Like the web (or your auto), you don't have to know how the blockchain attempts to utilize it. Be that as it may, having an essential learning of this new innovation indicates why it's viewed as progressive. In this way, we trust you appreciate this, what is Blockchain control.

Essentially blockchain innovation implies,

"The blockchain is an ethical computerized record of monetary exchanges that can be modified to record not simply money related exchanges but rather for all intents and purposes everything of esteem."
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: