Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 04:55:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Olympic athlete gets paid in cryptocurrency  (Read 521 times)
MakeMoneyBtc

Activity: 1092
Merit: 117

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 09:58:54 PM

Thats pretty cool but I would like to see an olympic athlete like someone who is the best in top 50 athlete's worldwide because that way bitcoin will get more popular because people would see that even the greatest people from the planet are paid in bitcoin and they will buy more. Soon I think many companies and not only will accept bitcoin as a payment method because more and more people are using it and would like to pay with cryptocurrencies
Ailmand

Activity: 1274
Merit: 519

Coindragon.com 30% Cash Back

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 10:10:28 PM

Good news, today cryptocurrency reached Olympic games industry! Smiley
Speed skater Ted-Jan Bloemen gets paid in cryptocurrency

That could be a good start to a more far-reaching cryptocurrency activity. Having read that what's given are only low value or not-so-popular coins, I think that the main goal hear is no the investment but the marketing. I think the developers are after the idea that Olympic-level athletes are quite popular with the masses, and therefore, having to know that they have agreed to receiving crytocurrencies, it would give more people the idea that if the famous are getting on the wagon, why not us as well. I think it's a good marketing move.

Prince Malik

Activity: 924
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 10:11:32 PM

This is a very good steep to the real blokchain revolution... we need more steep like this for Expand bitcoin Services

██                      ►          ⦁               1xBit.com     │     S p o r t s b o o k   &   C a s i n o               ⦁          ◀                      ██
                  WELCOME BONUS UP TO 7 BTC!                  ♣
██  ██████████████          ■                   30+ ALTCOINS AVAILABLE                   ■          ██████████████  ██
neite99

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 10:13:56 PM

Recently I have heard that a coin made sponsorship agreement with football team "Espanyol" and now the athlete gets paid in crypto makes me feel that sport arena would be the best way to advertise crypto
Loveydovey04

Activity: 392
Merit: 123

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 10:18:55 PM

Not all olympians though but only one top player and to note he has a one year conract signed with CEEK VR and he is paid by them in crypto. I supposed this CEEK VR might be having an ICO im not sure. But good for this athlete.

stokesey

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 10:34:18 PM

This is just an advertisement for some shitcoin. Why would people be excited about this?
dado7

Activity: 322
Merit: 141

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 10:44:11 PM

This is just an advertisement for some shitcoin. Why would people be excited about this?

Well, modern top athletes (and we are talking about the double world record holder here) get most of their income from sponsors, not from regular salaries from their respective clubs. Ted-Jan Bloemen accepted a sponsorship and will get paid in cryptocurrencies. It is an advert, yes - that is the purpose of sponsorship for the sponsors, but also a milestone as this is just the first one. Many will join soon enough, I am sure of it.

Teo2015

Activity: 30

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 11:22:17 PM

It's wonderful news. The crypto world is becoming more and more popular and could not be an opportunity to miss the Olympic Games.
WUUEX79

Activity: 378
Merit: 19

Xch4nge.com

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 11:32:55 PM

Ceek VR reached the Olympic industry a remarkable achievement.
The most innovative way, in that way maybe can boost the popularity of crypto in the eyes of the world community after a recent minor accident occurred, and public confidence in crypto will be re-achieved.

imteaz

Activity: 532
Merit: 107

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2018, 11:37:48 PM

This is really good news overall for crypto, now more and more people will be interested in that coin means its good. If some more alt coin sponsor sports personalities around the world, the word will spread like crazy and crypto will be sky rocketing. Good time coming soon

radjie

Activity: 1820
Merit: 264

www.licx.io

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 07:06:12 AM

Recently I have heard that a coin made sponsorship agreement with football team "Espanyol" and now the athlete gets paid in crypto makes me feel that sport arena would be the best way to advertise crypto
I agree with you, bitcoin will be more popular if it can be introduced to athletes, it is a very good promotion because athletes can be paid with bitcoin, the world will know that bitcoin is so valuable.

▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
░████████████████████████
░███████████████████████▀
░███████████████████████
░███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████▀▀█████▀▀██████▀
| 
Low Fidelity - High Potential
|
▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
███▄░▄░███████▀▄███
█████▄▀█▄▀███▀▄██████
███████░██░▀▄████████
████████▄▀█▄▀████████
████████▀▄▀██░███████
██████▀▄███░██▄▀█████
████▀▄██████▄▀▀░▀████
█████████████████████
▀███████████████████▀

▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
███████████████████
██████▀░░▀▀▀░░▀██████
█████░░▄▄░░░▄▄░░█████
████▌░░██▌░▐██░░▐████
████░░░░▀░░░▀░░░░████
████▄▄░▀▄▄▄▄▄▀░▄▄████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
▀███████████████████▀

▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
██████████████▀▀███
███████████▀▀░░░░████
███████▀▀░░▄▄▀░░▐████
████▀░░░▄██▀░░░░█████
███████░█▀░░░░░▐█████
████████░░▄▄░░░██████
██████████████▄██████
█████████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
argiyan.tri

Activity: 271
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 07:09:22 AM

looks good, but I hope there are no obstacles in the transaction as is often experienced by the bitcoiners at this time.
AmericanBit

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 07:15:15 AM

It is interesting,  Canada is open for crypto, I think athlete will get profit from this kind of payment.
Viellefox1025

Activity: 54

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 07:23:05 AM

This is a great news, speed skater 1st athlete to be paid using cryto hopefully not the last.
spadormie

Activity: 840
Merit: 268

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 07:25:18 AM

I think that this is good news indeed. Bitcoin goes up whenever the demands go high. It means that it is directly proportional with each other. And by this, cryptocurrency was used to paid the athlete. It made somehow a small difference with the price.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄████████▀▀▀▀███▄
███████▀     ████
███████   ███████
█████        ████
███████   ███████
▀██████   ██████▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
██    ▄▄▄▄▄ ▀  ██
██   █▀   ▀█   ██
██   █▄   ▄█   ██
██    ▀▀▀▀▀    ██
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
█▄▄      ████████▄
 █████▄▄████████▌
▀██████████████▌
  █████████████
  ▀██████████▀
   ▄▄██████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

██  ██
  ███████████▄
    ██      ▀█
    ██▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
    ██▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
    ██      ▄█
  ███████████▀
    ██  ██

▄
       ▄  ▄█▄ ▀█▀      ▄
      ▀█▀  ▀   ▄  ▄█▄ ▀█▀
███▄▄▄        ▀█▀  ▀     ▄▄▄███       ▐█▄    ▄█▌   ▐█▌   █▄    ▐█▌   ████████   █████▄     ██    ▄█████▄▄   ▐█████▌
████████▄▄           ▄▄████████       ▐███▄▄███▌   ▐█▌   ███▄  ▐█▌      ██      █▌  ▀██    ██   ▄██▀   ▀▀   ▐█
███████████▄       ▄███████████       ▐█▌▀██▀▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██▀██▄▐█▌      ██      █▌   ▐█▌   ██   ██          ▐█████▌
 ████████████     ████████████        ▐█▌    ▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██  ▀███▌      ██      █▌  ▄██    ██   ▀██▄   ▄▄   ▐█
  ████████████   ████████████         ▐█▌    ▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██    ▀█▌      ██      █████▀     ██    ▀█████▀▀   ▐█████▌
   ▀███████████ ███████████▀
     ▀███████████████████▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
FIND OUT MORE AT MINTDICE.COM
ruthbabe

Activity: 966
Merit: 275

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 07:40:41 AM

I hope that it is truth  Smiley At present there a lot of fake news and it is hard to understand what is real some times..but anyway it is good Smiley

He's about to be paid and so, he's not paid yet. And it's not clear what specific coin in the 300 million coins ONG Social has mined Bloemen would receive.

Canadian speed skater Ted-Jan Bloemen recently became the first athlete to be paid in virtual money when he struck a one-year sponsorship deal with ONG Social, a social network and crypto community, and CEEK VR, a developer of virtual reality experiences.

According to Kgazette.com, ONG Social has mined 300 million coins, worth a total of $138.69 million. The cryptocurrency was founded in June.
Although it's not known how many coins Bloemen stands to receive, he told Canada's National Post that the deal was "a minimum amount in cash, but most in cryptocurrencies."

followmenot

Activity: 533
Merit: 251

Streamity Decentralized cryptocurrency exchange

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 07:45:35 AM

I must say that is great news. Looks like bitcoin and all other cryptocurrencies are already mainstream. Many people prefer to be paid by them and it is very cool that we may have bitcoin riches in sports.

▄▄  ▄▄                
            ██  ▀▀  ▀▀   ██           
        ██                   ██

██  ██  ▄▄            
     ██    ██           ▀▀  ▄▄        
                  ███       ▀▀        
   ██    ██   ███      ███     ██     
                          ███         
  ██   ██   ██    ███ ███    ▄▄   ██  
               ███           ▀▀       
  ██   ██  ███           ███  ██   ██ 
                     ███              
    ▄▄  ██    ███ ███     ▄▄  ██   ██ 
    ▀▀    ▄▄              ▀▀          
      ▄▄  ▀▀          ███    ██   ██  
      ▀▀      ██  ███                 
         ██              ███    ███   
             ██  ██  ███              
       ██                    ██       
           ███  ▄▄▄  ▄▄  ███          
                ▀▀▀  ▀▀               

STREAMITY

Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
  Telegram
LinkedIn
Medium
codpku

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 07:50:54 AM

Another great news that i hear today, little by little crypto accepted and get use with people nowdays
I hope next year it will more famous and lot of country accept it, legalized and make regulation of it

Thadeous (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 588
Merit: 17

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 06:47:07 PM

Interesting stuff. Looks like it's about SportyCo - decentralized sports financing platform, which is the new sponsor of Espanyol.
With the partnership of SportyCo and RCD Espanyol crypto moves into top tier football
This is fantastic that sport and crypto gets closer and closer.
RonJohannson

Activity: 56

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 07:14:33 PM

This is definitely good news.  We need more endorsements by athletes, celebrities, and other people with strong followings.  It wouldn't hurt to have a credible investor as well.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: