Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 05:21:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Olympic athlete gets paid in cryptocurrency  (Read 521 times)
NITCoinOfficial

Activity: 28
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 07:16:15 PM

This is good news for the cryptocurrency market. I am sure there will be many more like this. In fact, I believe in the future for every industry there will be a separate coin to suit the special needs of each separate market.
Thadeous (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 588
Merit: 17

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 07:55:23 PM
Last edit: February 15, 2018, 08:15:16 PM by Thadeous

Here is another Olympic update from USA Luge team: Bitcoin at the USA Olympics this winter.
Looks like there are some certain tax benefits for donating BTC in US.
Not sure, are those tax benefits applied only to sport or other areas as well?
addeqt

Activity: 196
Merit: 30

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 12:14:00 PM

Its great to find out about that. He turned into the primary competitor to be paid in crypto. I feel that is on account of he is under the sponsorship of ONG Social. Notwithstanding, that could be an uplifting news toward the end, despite the fact that the crypto couldn't be at high cost right now. I trust different competitors take after the means done by Ted-Jan Bloemen. What's more, the crypto sponsorship ought to be augment up to cross web based amusements.
megynacuna

Activity: 756
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 09:27:09 PM

Recently I have heard that a coin made sponsorship agreement with football team "Espanyol" and now the athlete gets paid in crypto makes me feel that sport arena would be the best way to advertise crypto

Interesting stuff. Looks like it's about SportyCo - decentralized sports financing platform, which is the new sponsor of Espanyol.
With the partnership of SportyCo and RCD Espanyol crypto moves into top tier football
This is fantastic that sport and crypto gets closer and closer.

It's been long overdue since bitcoin has been making the news ans sports especially soccer is the most popular sport i expected more of this to happen even a year or two ago because sports can really promote crypto currencies like bitcoin even better and the springing up of many sports betting companies online and their impact on spoorts is enough evidence to p[rove that sports and cryptocurencies can help each other and they've got some connection.
coinminerdotcom

Activity: 108
Merit: 6

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2018, 09:36:13 PM

Even though we don't know what currency they were paid in, being paid in a crypto currency is the most exciting prize. This is great publicity for crypto currencies along with provided the winner with a long term investment opportunity beyond the initial reward.

Trusted US based Company
coinminer.com
Halcyon Days

Activity: 238
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 09:52:32 PM

That's great news for crypto currencies in general, but especially good advertisement for the athlete and the mentioned sponsors. I would also be interested in what crypto currency the athlete got, but this might be revealed at another time.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
maxbit

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 09:55:48 PM

I think it's an awesome way to get crypto out there! Global even! Hope to see more of this.
rollingstorm45

Activity: 448

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 10:10:23 PM

Good news, today cryptocurrency reached Olympic games industry! Smiley
Speed skater Ted-Jan Bloemen gets paid in cryptocurrency

whether this can motivate the sports industry on other branches to adopt cryptourrency?
need an international branch to be able to influence other industries, eg World Cup Soccer. With prizes using cryptocurrency, then adoption on other sports will emerge

NeverSop

Activity: 518
Merit: 11

HODL

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 10:29:51 PM

whether this can motivate the sports industry on other branches to adopt cryptourrency?
need an international branch to be able to influence other industries, eg World Cup Soccer. With prizes using cryptocurrency, then adoption on other sports will emerge
This is really interesting because it shows the popularity of cryptocurrency in this present life. I feel that the day that the whole world uses most of the cryptocurrency in transactions and payments has not gone too far. The cryptocurrency market is growing very well over the years and it is a remarkable development of a new market such as cryptocurrency.

serizawax

Activity: 98
Merit: 9

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 10:35:48 PM

Do the athletes know more about cryptocurrency ?, or just know it ?. If indeed the athletes know more about cryptocurrency, I think that race deserves and is quite unique in gift giving. But if the athletes were not very understanding with the crypto, they are given a decent gift shaped ordinary course.
Shipitcinvova

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 06:42:20 PM

Hello everyone an excellent kind of earnings on crypto currency is investing in Bitcoin and it takes quite a lucrative profit not so much time as it seems not so difficult to deal with it.
weston4mills

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 09:43:53 PM

It is good news for cryptocurrency users but in the same time it is weird seeing that many governments are against it

Stockus Trading Platform— Join the future of Financial Markets
▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰ 
  ◆ Twitter Facebook • • TelegramMedium  ◆
MarcoV@n

Activity: 2

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 09:46:59 PM

That's great news!! I am sure that he is not the last who will get paid in cryptocurrency.
yugyug

Activity: 616
Merit: 256

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 09:59:04 PM

Cryptocurrencies are well adapted in sports and betting industries and Japan who will host this 2020 Olympics are also preparing to introduce the bitcoin and cryptocurrencies. There is no doubt that cryptocurrencies will be adopted to other industry aside from sports , entertainment and music industries as well.
Veterock

Activity: 238
Merit: 15

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 11:58:54 PM

Good news from Olympic Games)Especially from Canada!)But real success will be when olympic committee will give athletes not a medal, but a cryptocoin)) Grin
levvv

Activity: 532

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 02:22:37 AM

nice, i hope there will be many things happen like this in the future.
peoples got paid in cryptocurrency, so the crypto is used by everyone in the world.
jakezyrus

Activity: 714
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 02:30:39 AM

Cryptocurrencies are well adapted in sports and betting industries and Japan who will host this 2020 Olympics are also preparing to introduce the bitcoin and cryptocurrencies. There is no doubt that cryptocurrencies will be adopted to other industry aside from sports , entertainment and music industries as well.

where did you get that news? is there a legit source? if there is then this is probably a good news because this can definetely help and boost the popularity of bitcoin because of the exposure that it will get due to advertising in the olympic event. many countries all over the world will witness it and this may bring confident to them to think that bitcoin is really legit and not a scam. ill be looking forward seing this, for sure this will be an exciting event
updatespoond

Activity: 4

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 02:32:11 AM

good news has begun to come
paul00

Activity: 854
Merit: 257

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 03:55:29 AM

I hope our country will be the next of it because our government has a little budget on athlete and sometimes as an athlete you need to provide on your own to pursue your dreams. I experience before that my friend is an athlete that he can't provide shoes on her own to run on a contest, so I've let her borrow my shoes so he can run comfortably. Even though he did not win in that contest I know that someone will see her talent and sponsor him.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: