Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 02:38:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to choose the right ICO project for investing?  (Read 201 times)
IcoGuide.com (OP)

Activity: 244
Merit: 13

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2018, 06:44:45 PM

In our opinion before investing in ICO projects, for the first you should concentrate your attention on the size of project. It has been proven that the average range should be from $2M to $10M, which means that the size of project is not too small and not too big.
So what do you think is this statement correct and where is a so-called “golden range”?

AiwaDima

Activity: 322
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 06:49:59 PM

Now there are a lot of good projects on the market and it is very difficult to choose among all really good ones, as for me the best range is 2-5 million, you also need to look at what they say in social networks and what is their popularity.
KylesmomisaB

Activity: 194
Merit: 100

Toplancer.co | PreSale is LIVE | Get Your Bonus

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 06:53:07 PM

Well no because somebody will a completely shitty idea could come out looking to get $2-$10 million. While that can help the crypto grow you gotta make sure the team is good, use case is there, and that there is good community. If all these three things are not checked then I am sorry your idea regardless of the raise size will most probably fall flat on its face.

TOPLANCER.CO
Zero commission, Escrow payment & Dispute Settlements
PreSale GET YOUR BONUS JOIN NOW
coolcountry

Activity: 154
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 06:54:32 PM

I think the "size" of an ICO is not the most important indicator whether an ICO is going to succeed or not. You have to make sure that there is a strong advertisement team behind the ICO, for instance; because no matter how good their product is, if they can't create hype around their product, it's not going to take off. Other indicators like the management board, advisors, whether these people are ready to answer people's questions etc. are very important as well.

dulari1

Activity: 252
Merit: 4

EQUAL Network Token

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 06:59:30 PM

check how many tokens team will held for themselves , locking period .
project roadmap , team experience .
whitepaper observation .
price with respect to total supply / circulating supply .

these things are imp to select a right ico .

EQUALtoken.io      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄ ▄
▀ ▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     SELF DEFLATIONARY CRYPTOCURRENCY
Dakshkapoor

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2018, 07:02:35 PM

You should get confirmed that whether the team of that ICO is hard working or not and go through all the whitepapers so that you will be confirmed that you are not scammed. Make sure that the size of that ICO is big enough and always take an opinion fro the experience holders. 

INTERNATIONAL TRADING PLATFORM ►One-click Export
     EXPORT ONLINE     
ANN  Whitepaper    Telegram    Facebook    Steemit    YouTube    Twitter    Medium
boyjackyou

Activity: 301

DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 07:15:24 PM

There is no really an ideal project size,it is  depends on the developer's targeted fund to be raised which will be used to the project development and expenses.Choosing an ico would be more complicated thatn trading blindly,ICOs background should be done so you are able to calculate if an ICO woul achieve success or it wont have any potentials,Founders and Developers should be able to do whatever they need to do,credibility of their profiles does the ICO has a good working product/services?is the ICO has some partnership with the big companies?these are just the imporant things we need to check before joining any of these ICOs.

itsandylandman

Activity: 64
Merit: 9

"Don't look back but never forget"

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2018, 07:21:22 PM

Well no because somebody will a completely shitty idea could come out looking to get $2-$10 million. While that can help the crypto grow you gotta make sure the team is good, use case is there, and that there is good community. If all these three things are not checked then I am sorry your idea regardless of the raise size will most probably fall flat on its face.

Eyup. I would agree with that. You can never take something so complicated and boil it down to one or two variables. It may help you catch lightning in a bottle once or twice, but i would consider that luck and NOT a system. I'm working for a crypto in ICO phase right now, and have learned that there are a LOT of factors to consider.There are about 200 things that may look small from the outside, but can easily destroy an ICO if not handled correctly... Unfortunately a lot of the success depends on the team and how they interact with each other which the public will never be able to really quantify...

"Most great people have attained their greatest success just one step beyond their greatest failure." -Napolian Hill
-Andrew Land
MediaCoin Inc.
Entei

Activity: 543
Merit: 281

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 07:24:05 PM

This statement is relative, there are projects that have really started practically from scratch, as well as, there are projects with 50 million intial and continues struggling to gain space in the market, we should focus our attention on the objective and what will enhance, project functionality, there are several topics on this subject and with different points of view. We must not forget the strength of marketing, in my opinion we should take all of this into account.
Akash1243

Activity: 392
Merit: 257

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 07:25:25 PM

There are many ICO in the market where most of them are just scam or made only to make money which won't be profitable for you.Well by researching about coins team,it's cap value,people's comments on the coins and also it's supply or even whitepaper and idea behind can give you a vague idea about ICO and you will know that whether it would be profitable or not to invest in that ICO.IMO there are very few ICO which are good and finding them is very hard.
walterw
Copper Member

Activity: 336
Merit: 258

Do you need a campaign manager? PM me.

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 07:41:55 PM

There are many factors you should consider.
  • As you've already realized, the project should be between $ 2 - $ 10 million.
  • The development team should definitely have some experience with crypto. They should have already developed at early projects.
  • How many tokens or coins will the team keep and how many will the team release?
  • The advisors should also be known and good.
  • The whitepaper should show potential immediately.
  • The tokens or coins should not only be sold to whale investors.

bitcoinking11

Activity: 378
Merit: 17

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 07:42:27 PM

To choose good ICO projects, you have to research on the net. There are a lot of websites and blogs about ICOs, by browsing these sites you can have a lot of necessary information about projects.
soloinvestor

Activity: 182
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 08:32:27 PM

True, make your own research and trust your guts.

In my opinion, the most of the privacy coins are undervalued right now.

The best opportunity is to find a privacy-related project with a low total supply (less than 100M), that way the price will be increasing much faster.

I recently found one project called Ethereum Meta, it is related to anonymity and untraceable transaction. They have a very interesting project to build the Anonymous E-Market Place.

They are on Pre-ICO stage right now, you can check their website: http://ethermeta.com/
Or even better go through their Bitcointalk thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2659058.0
dumbtool45

Activity: 448
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 08:35:07 PM

this is absolute nonsense and it is very unfortunate if someone from novices reads the advice of the author of this topic, the project can be both large and small and it generally does not affect its quality at all!
lero34

Activity: 224

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 08:48:48 PM

It is very difficult. I would even say in this case you need more luck than knowledge. What conclusions can be drawn from the currency, for which there is practically no data, to statistics. I do not trust it.
zutigenij1000

Activity: 154
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 09:02:32 PM

You always have to do your own research (DYOR) because the team might hae a good project, but the developers are bad or mediocre project with good developers. It can be helpful to see what others are writing on the social networks and check the hype on telegram. Always look for something new disrupting, and if it has a working project, go for it. But always be careful, most ICO's are scam.

sjj_kleros

Activity: 124
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2018, 09:46:57 PM

For me a good line of research is Whitepaper / team / github.

Is there a strong whitepaper describing a project with real merit.

Is the team legit and within the scope of their knowledge.

Are there regular github commits and visible progress being made.

Just my 2cents.
aussiesloth

Activity: 266
Merit: 41

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 11:24:01 PM

I really don't see how the dollar value of the ICO raise can be solely used to assess the viability of an investment.  

You need to look at the project itself - is it a viable project?  

Is there a need for it?  

Are the devs and the rest of the project team capable of achieving the goals laid out in the whitepaper and roadmap?  

What part of the world is the ICO based?  

The questions go on and on... There are just so many variables to consider.

In the end, you need to be comfortable enough with the project to invest.
rmilly

Activity: 312
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 11:41:55 PM

I think it's different for all projects. That's the range I personally like to stick to, but Havven recently changed my mind. Since they're a decentralized payment network designed to enable everyday crypto transactions using a stable medium of exchange. Pretty cool stuff. Since they have to scale, then the higher supply is necessary. https://havven.io/
ThePresident

Activity: 48
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 11:47:13 PM

Personall, you have to checked for yourself first, you have to take a look at its project. This will tell you is this viable? Do you think you'll earn from it, in anyway, you can also help this ICO to be successful in investing into it. So win win situation if it became succesfull you'll earn from it too.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: