Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 08:55:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: lol...it just never ends  (Read 235 times)
goatpig
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1347

Armory Developer

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 07:43:47 AM
Last edit: February 13, 2018, 09:05:28 AM by goatpig

These are lines for the node, i.e. they go into bitcoin.conf.

Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jojo69 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 4345

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 07:48:36 AM

These are lines for the node, i.e. they into bitcoin.conf.

got it

thank you

tomorrow we can dive into the other box that steadfastly refuses to path

This is not some pseudoeconomic post-modern Libertarian cult, it's an un-led, crowd-sourced mega startup organized around mutual self-interest where problems, whether of the theoretical or purely practical variety, are treated as temporary and, ultimately, solvable.
Censorship of e-gold was easy. Censorship of Bitcoin will be… entertaining.
jojo69 (OP)
Legendary

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 05:37:13 PM
Last edit: February 13, 2018, 05:52:45 PM by jojo69

OK, first off, thanks for bearing with me folks.  It seems like I made nearly every possible mistake in that last process.  I am assimilating information though, and feel like that filled in some rather glaring gaps in my understanding.

So the other box, this one is really odd.  It used to work, it has probably been almost a year now though.  As I recall I was making some hardware changes and moving drives around and it never worked again.  I have battered myself against it multiple times, to the point of complete uninstall/reinstall cycles only to eventually give up in despair.

The behavior is that it refuses to recognize custom pathing args.  It just seems to ignore them.  It does not matter if they are entered under the file/settings/general/let Armory...dialog, as a shortcut arg or in a .conf file (I tried last night after getting that straight).

Win7pro 64
Core 0.15.1
RC3

armorylog entering args with armoryqt.conf https://pastebin.com/6KAhxf6U

the pathing SHOULD BE "G:\Program Files (x86)\Armory\ArmoryQt.exe" -- satoshi-datadir="G:\Blockchain\blocks" --datadir="G:\armory" or the syntactical varient for the entry method

armorylog entering args with shortcut https://pastebin.com/WRJeHmRi

I apologize in advance, history would suggest that I am missing something embarrassingly boneheaded and obvious.

This is not some pseudoeconomic post-modern Libertarian cult, it's an un-led, crowd-sourced mega startup organized around mutual self-interest where problems, whether of the theoretical or purely practical variety, are treated as temporary and, ultimately, solvable.
PhoenixFire

Activity: 270
Merit: 36

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 05:58:03 PM

the pathing SHOULD BE "G:\Program Files (x86)\Armory\ArmoryQt.exe" -- satoshi-datadir="G:\Blockchain\blocks" --datadir="G:\armory" or the syntactical varient for the entry method

armorylog entering args with shortcut https://pastebin.com/WRJeHmRi

I apologize in advance, history would suggest that I am missing something embarrassingly boneheaded and obvious.
There is a space between -- and satoshi above, and in your logs for the shortcut version.
jojo69 (OP)
Legendary

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 06:04:05 PM

oh god...the shame

jojo69 (OP)
Legendary

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 12:25:28 AM

that hooked up, took it a while to finish up its database as it has not synced in a year or so

totally embarrassing, a little bit of dyslexia goes a long way in computers...

To rub salt in the wound, I had somehow managed to save armoryqt.conf.txt  which of course didn't work.

I'm going to go sit in the corner with the duncecap on now.

PhoenixFire

Activity: 270
Merit: 36

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 01:11:55 AM

Good to know you're up and running again.
Don't beat yourself up - Having another set of eyes have a look things over works wonders - pretty sure that, at some point, everyone has been blind to some minor issue hiding in plain sight Smiley
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: