Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:48:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] SaltySpitoon's Silver "Garlic" Bread Loaves DIY Wallets *In Stock*  (Read 1320 times)
Woshib

Activity: 938
Merit: 576

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 09:06:56 AM

I will take #13, PM me! Cheesy

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
johnny211

Activity: 170
Merit: 104

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 09:00:32 PM
Last edit: February 20, 2018, 10:27:48 PM by johnny211

PMing re details.

SaltySpitoon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 10:28:38 PM

I will take #13, PM me! Cheesy

Shipped

PMing re details.

- "bad ass loaf you got there dude."

and will ship tomorrow!

From the feedback I've been getting from people, like I thought, they are pretty happy with the texture. Had a person PM me saying that they doubt they'll load theirs, and they just carried it around in their pocket over the weekend. I stopped trying to avoid the little flaws, rather I just finish them up so that the flaws are textually appealing.
SM23031997

Activity: 1092
Merit: 582

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 07:10:47 AM

It is possible to store garlic coins and how?
SaltySpitoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 02:06:01 PM

It is possible to store garlic coins and how?

There are multiple ways to make a garlic paper wallet. Either through your wallet client, or you can use a tool like https://walletgenerator.net/?currency=Garlicoin
SaltySpitoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 10:34:25 PM

Daily Bump
aTriz

Activity: 1218
Merit: 683

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 09:06:09 AM

Just got mine, very cool!

Thanks for the great product SaltySpitoon! The picture doesn't do it justice, you gotta really hold it in your hand to feel the garlicness  Cheesy

SaltySpitoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 05:32:11 PM

Just got mine, very cool!

Thanks for the great product SaltySpitoon! The picture doesn't do it justice, you gotta really hold it in your hand to feel the garlicness  Cheesy

Glad you like them!

I've got 6 loaves left, I think I'll hold onto them (literally) if everyone that wanted one now has one. It'd really be a shame to melt these back down.

Onto my next project!
SaltySpitoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 09:46:55 PM

Finally got my loaves Grin
Am quite pleased with their garlicky goodness.

Thanks Salty Cheesy

glad to hear it! I'm not sure I'd recommend taking a bite out of them (assuming you haven't already) but I hope you enjoy in your own way.
BitcoinNewsMagazine
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1164

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2018, 12:22:45 AM

I didn’t mean literal sand, but my ignorance is showing.  Plastic cups was the piece of the puzzle I was missing.  I’m a bit surprised that size is large enough to shield against heat transfer, but again, I have no experience with silver and very little experience with aluminum in this area.  Would still love to see a video of the pour, mostly for my own educational purposes, but also because melted silver is sexy.  

Reminds me...  Wasn’t there someone who made their own silver bars by melting silver in a wooden mold using a microwave back in 2012?  These alternate DIY minting methods are cool.

Well you can use literal sand, I have about 100 lbs of sand that I sifted through a very find micron mesh, mixed with equally fine bentonite clay, called greensand that you can use for sand casting. I also have some oilsands called Petrobond that I'm going to try casting into as well. With it, I'm going to cast a pan out of copper, and then plate it very heavily with silver.

The plastic cup is just something to pour the plaster into. With the bread loaves, I have about a half inch of clearance on each side. The molds are typically one use only, so even if they crack, its not until after the loaf has been poured and started to cool enough that it wont lose its shape. I've got lucky and got two pours out of a single mold, but most of the time, the silver burns some of the detail away, so I dont cast a second time. I will certainly get a good video for you this upcoming weekend  Wink

Here is a little better of an example of mold making https://i.imgur.com/LsfiCOn.png

The stainless steel ring fits into the bottom rubber portion. The plaster will be poured in, and left to set. After that, when it dries, it goes in the oven, and the PLA will melt out, leaving a little tunnel to the cavity in the plaster. Silver is poured in, and then the sprue is cut off and the piece is sanded, polished, etc. Same deal as that youtube link I posted previously.

Also, I've done the microwave method before. Its obscenely dangerous. I disabled all of my microwave's safety features, increased the frequency of the "microwaves" by overclocking it, and it made the waves small enough to get outside of the microwave through the venting slits. Took me a minute to figure out why my face was getting itchy.

Do you have a investment vibrator to get bubbles out of the mold? You can get one cheap and also find good deals on centrifugal casting machines on ebay.

SaltySpitoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 12:27:20 AM
Merited by BitcoinNewsMagazine (1)

Do you have a investment vibrator to get bubbles out of the mold? You can get one cheap and also find good deals on centrifugal casting machines on ebay.

I have a vacuum casting table to get bubbles out of molds and to suck metal into all of the little crevices of a mold when casting.

*Edit*

Here is the process I used when making another piece that shows the table.

https://imgur.com/a/3RQkR
johnny211

Activity: 170
Merit: 104

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 03:20:43 PM

#17 arrived safe and sound at my Nordic nuclear-proof cold storage site. Thank you!
SaltySpitoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 04:48:06 AM

#17 arrived safe and sound at my Nordic nuclear-proof cold storage site. Thank you!

Glad to hear it, thanks again.
SaltySpitoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 08:08:51 PM
Last edit: March 08, 2018, 12:46:54 AM by SaltySpitoon

A new kiln is in the works, as well as a few others things. Last few weekends have just been gear maintenance and such, so not much new. But I will start work on the statues when I'm done with the kiln, and from there, you'll have to see.
SaltySpitoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 02:34:41 AM

Bump

I really should have a thread just for those who want to follow my overall project development. I'm in the process of building a water splitter + hydrogen torch, so those pesky platinum group metals won't be out of reach anymore. The Kiln is also in progress, though with St Patrick's Day weekend coming up, I'm afraid I'll be in no condition to deal with pyrometer temperatures. I'm also in the process of procuring some flat stock and wire milling equipment, because wearable private keys are also on my todo list. 4 Fingered Charlie may not be the only one with their private key on their ring much longer.

I have kind of always wanted to turn a 25 BTC Cas coin into a necklace, but I'll probably do something of my own design instead.

In short, In Progress:

Larger kiln for larger or more casts
Hydrogen torch for working with platinum group metals
Wearable Private keys
SaltySpitoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 01:27:50 AM

Daily Bump
cashintor1

Activity: 289
Merit: 250

BUY/SELL BTC via WU/PayPal +33*758788429 +WhatsAPP

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2018, 09:18:59 AM

Interesting. Keep up the good work! Watching...

Lesbian Cow
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1752

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 09:15:19 PM

Not the best photograph, and for that I apologize, but if you want a silver loaf of tasty garlic bread or any custom item made beautifully in precious metals, do not hesitate to contact SaltySpitoon.  I am incredibly pleased with both my pieces.

To err is human, to moo is bovine

https://www.instagram.com/lesbiancow212/
SaltySpitoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 11:34:11 PM

Not the best photograph, and for that I apologize, but if you want a silver loaf of tasty garlic bread or any custom item made beautifully in precious metals, do not hesitate to contact SaltySpitoon.  I am incredibly pleased with both my pieces.

Glad you are happy with them  Smiley

I've been a little inactive on the production side for these last few weeks because I've been undergoing some major equipment setup to improve and expand what I can make. I got my rolling mill today, so I can produce metal wire or sheet stock. Wearable engraved private keys has been something I've wanted to do for a while. A gold chain with each link having 1 character of a private key would be really cool.

I've got a new torch setup arriving on Friday that will allow me to do more intricate work, and with every metal in existence. Tungsten and its melting point of 6200 degrees? Blah! Thats nothing! I've got a few bits together for my larger kiln, so I can produce more cast pieces like the death star. Just need some sensors and to do some minor home electrical work to support a ~ 8,000 Watt kiln. I've got a lot more design work to do with the Bitcoin Blockchain statues. Since I'm going to have to ruin each printed piece anyway, I may as well make them obscenely detailed. Maybe I'll look into silicone molding and wax injection, so I don't need to print the same thing 20 times.

I'll be moving out of just silver pretty soon as well. I've been playing around with more exotic metals, and with any luck will be producing a line of physical wallets or perhaps traditionally funded coins in the relatively short term. I can't say anything about the design yet, but I intend to have a video of a timelapsed 6 hour stay in a firepit that can nearly melt steel as my product test to make sure my coins can withstand a house fire anyway.
ChiBitCTy
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 3007

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 12:27:58 AM

Just curious Salty, you ever done any work with ruthenium?  Love ruthenium and have a decent collection of ruthenium coated coins..just wish I had a pure one.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████████████████████████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███