Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 01:04:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bounty Program for my ICO  (Read 256 times)
itsandylandman (OP)

Activity: 64
Merit: 9

"Don't look back but never forget"

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2018, 09:13:27 PM

Hey guys I am part of an ICO, and have been dubbed the task of creating our bounty program. I have been an AVID reader of Bitcointalk.org for years now, but never created an account as my concerns were generally pretty well answered by the community... Which i realize now... was not smart.
THAT said, I am getting started with my interaction. I work for a crypto in ICO phase, and want to get some advice from the community about Bounty Programs. Here they are:
1. What is something you like to see in bounty programs that is missing from my list?
2. What is a respectful way to go about promoting awareness of my companies program without spamming the airways?
Currently I have added bounty for bitcointalk.org, FB, YT, Twitter, Reddit, and a multiplier for contributed/media content. Obviously i know the community digs this kind of thing, but seeing how i never took the time to create an account and actually interact, I feel I am at a severe disadvantage, and any help i can get on these topics (and anything else you have to say) will be highly valued and respected.   Huh Huh
I appreciate all the help I've gotten silently from you all over the last few years. Thanks!

"Most great people have attained their greatest success just one step beyond their greatest failure." -Napolian Hill
-Andrew Land
MediaCoin Inc.
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
LieXurui

Activity: 547
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 09:34:44 PM

where announcement thread youre coin
before open ico is good youre create ico site and announcement thread
vovasydorov

Activity: 63
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 10:09:08 PM

HI, We also ready to join your bounty campaign, let me know when it will be ready to start! thanks
itsandylandman (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2018, 10:24:34 PM

where announcement thread youre coin
before open ico is good youre create ico site and announcement thread

Ok thank you for the response.
We do have a site (I'm not saying a whole lot about who we are, because i don't want to be spammy), and we have created some landing pages for ads. We have a roadmap on our site...
We are currently trying to spread awareness about our ICO obviously to gain funding so we can really get to work. I just took a look at the announcements section, and yes, that IS where i want to start. I am going to get to work creating a post for announcements. Thanks again!
Quick Note: If its not spammy to just come out with it and say who we are so you can check us out, please just tell me to quit being coy! Until then i just don't want to be disrespectful of the forum because i am a new participator to the site. I respect it, and don't want to appear to be using it JUST to get word out about our project.

"Most great people have attained their greatest success just one step beyond their greatest failure." -Napolian Hill
-Andrew Land
MediaCoin Inc.
guteman

Activity: 2

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 10:53:25 PM

thank you and i hop all are usefull
JaneClacio

Activity: 132

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 09:15:06 AM

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/13OFsh86s12v1GfsuPz8695oCc6WELb8LzZgkPsWz3s8/viewform?edit_requested=true
Kwame Genius

Activity: 260
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2018, 04:09:12 PM

Do you have enough marketing reach/support to make the  bounty successful?
bounty will be successful if you have the reach and access to the right set of audience. Have you identified the channels for reach out/ marketing? You need to have a sustained program to make it work.

center]fLibero.Financial
Hyper deflationary | Automatic Staking & Compounding
itsandylandman (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2018, 04:51:38 PM

Do you have enough marketing reach/support to make the  bounty successful?
bounty will be successful if you have the reach and access to the right set of audience. Have you identified the channels for reach out/ marketing? You need to have a sustained program to make it work.

Hey thank you. This is the kind of response i was hoping for. This is my first go at making a bounty program so i have done a LOT of research as to what is in other bounty programs and what is successful. Can you clarify what you mean by "Marketing reach/support" as well as "channels for reach out/marketing"?
I want to say yes I do, but I just want to make sure before I confidently answer you.
I really appreciate the help.

-Andrew Land
MediaCoin Inc.
Tipestry

Activity: 98

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2018, 04:55:45 PM

I think it's laudable that you are doing this without wanting to be spammy. Best wishes.
itsandylandman (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2018, 05:02:51 PM

I think it's laudable that you are doing this without wanting to be spammy. Best wishes.

Appreciate it. There are a lot of scam ICO's out there, and I really want to make sure we don't get lumped in to that category because of a lack of tact. We have some great tech and I want to make sure we get our fair chance to show the world what it can do.

-Andrew Land
MediaCoin Inc.
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 3053

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2018, 05:10:39 PM

Appreciate it. There are a lot of scam ICO's out there, and I really want to make sure we don't get lumped in to that category because of a lack of tact. We have some great tech and I want to make sure we get our fair chance to show the world what it can do.

You are spamming here in Project Development  Sad   Read the sticky that says NO ICOS. 

You can move the thread by the link at lower left.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
itsandylandman (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2018, 09:31:45 PM

You are spamming here in Project Development  Sad   Read the sticky that says NO ICOS. 

You can move the thread by the link at lower left.

Moved it shall be. thanks.

-Andrew Land
MediaCoin Inc.
cryptothief

Activity: 350
Merit: 41

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2018, 09:54:55 PM

I have participated in a few bounties and ignored lots of others because they did not seem to have enough information available on the project. Here are some points I would consider.

1. Put a limit on the number of participants related to the amount of tokens you are planning to give away.
2. Do not allow multiple same day posts for social media bounties, firstly this makes it too easy to be manipulated and secondly it will not attract the expected interest in the project as posts will all seem like spam.
3. Link rewards to performance, i.e. video/article views, interactions on social media posts, constructive feedback in media channels regarding project etc.
4. Try to restrict geographical dominance by participants to ensure your project gets interest internationally.
5. Give extra bonus to participants who take part in the ICO itself (or their referrals do), this will encourage genuine interest in the project.
6. All entries should be checked to ensure compliance, so ensure you have the workforce capable to do this (or outsource it).
7. Award tiered rewards for joining the Telegram channels/groups, it's too easy just to join a group and then ignore it for the rest of the bounty period. Make a minimum requirement of maybe one post a week to combat this, with increased awards for more active members.
8. Telegram is a very useful tool and can build a community quickly, but can also be filled with spammers and bounty chasers very quickly, drowning out any 'real' questions that community members want to ask. Set up a separate bounty channel and instantly ban anyone that asks bounty/airdrop questions in your community channels.

I am sure there are many more ways to ensure a successful bounty campaign, these are just a few that I have picked up along the way. Good luck.

BITSONG  ▌ THE FIRST DECENTRALIZED MUSIC STREAMING PLATFORM
▅ ▉ ▇ ▃ ▅   THE NEW MUSIC STREAMING ERA   ▅ ▃ ▇ ▉ ▅   PUBLIC SALE is LIVE
[ Telegram ➭ ChannelGroup ]   Whitepaper   Facebook   Twitter   Github   Medium   ANN
itsandylandman (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2018, 04:34:51 PM

I have participated in a few bounties and ignored lots of others because they did not seem to have enough information available on the project. Here are some points I would consider.

1. Put a limit on the number of participants related to the amount of tokens you are planning to give away.
2. Do not allow multiple same day posts for social media bounties, firstly this makes it too easy to be manipulated and secondly it will not attract the expected interest in the project as posts will all seem like spam.
3. Link rewards to performance, i.e. video/article views, interactions on social media posts, constructive feedback in media channels regarding project etc.
4. Try to restrict geographical dominance by participants to ensure your project gets interest internationally.
5. Give extra bonus to participants who take part in the ICO itself (or their referrals do), this will encourage genuine interest in the project.
6. All entries should be checked to ensure compliance, so ensure you have the workforce capable to do this (or outsource it).
7. Award tiered rewards for joining the Telegram channels/groups, it's too easy just to join a group and then ignore it for the rest of the bounty period. Make a minimum requirement of maybe one post a week to combat this, with increased awards for more active members.
8. Telegram is a very useful tool and can build a community quickly, but can also be filled with spammers and bounty chasers very quickly, drowning out any 'real' questions that community members want to ask. Set up a separate bounty channel and instantly ban anyone that asks bounty/airdrop questions in your community channels.

I am sure there are many more ways to ensure a successful bounty campaign, these are just a few that I have picked up along the way. Good luck.

ahhh thank you. you are a rockstar. While it IS indeed helpful to be told where this thread belongs, this response is what i was hoping i would get when i posted the thread. Much appreciated!

-Andrew Land
MediaCoin Inc.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: