Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:08:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Profit Trailer & my experiences with it. **Huge growth of Binance account**!!  (Read 593 times)
LarryHolmes (OP)

Activity: 57
Merit: 1

Attitude+knowledge+managing risk+timing= success

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2018, 11:39:43 PM
Last edit: March 09, 2018, 01:57:03 AM by LarryHolmes

For those of you looking for a way to automate trading 24/7 in your sleep, I want to tell you my experiences of using Profit Trailer.
In summary, not everyone uses bots, but those of us that do realise the advantages of using one.

It is my belief you should have a mixed strategy to get the best gains- that’s part HODL, part ICO and part trades.
Profit Trailer can really help with the trading part, I’ve used a few bots before but this is the best of all. It's reliable, the developer is responsive and the community is excellent and helpful. As it happens I am a relatively experienced trader, but in general I do not daytrade, in any given week I make very few trades myself (none on quite a few weeks) why? Because it requires a lot of discipline and is quite draining. When I do pick trades myself I pick high probability setups (I will make a seperate post about how I do this using Ichimoku clouds at a later date)

Profit trailer absolutely kills it when the market is good, but also has a huge host of safety features for when the market turns. By my count I have survived 4 crashes of varying degree, and only the January/Feb crash led to a month period where my BTC balance and USD of my account was not significantly higher than at the start.

I even had a month where my holdings increased by a factor of over 500% (December 2017) on Binance– from 0.15 btc to 0.85 btc!  Of course you will not have such unusually large gains as often as that, and that huge growth was of course in part to BTC and altcoins booming in the leadup to Christmas. During bearish times you will of course not be getting such returns but even so in my other primary trading account on Bittrex, which has grown a lot slower I have steadily had gains from 20-50% in most months, and there were even days where I was doing 8-10% gains on Binance!
I am also cautious and I have setup Profit Trailer very differently to how a lot of people have. I prefer less trades and larger swings, and thus my sales are often much bigger, but less frequent. My buy strategy is cautious and my sell strategy is aggressive, other Profit Trailer users are happy to have lots of small micro trades, each to their own.

Profit Trailer has distinct advantages, especially for someone who is not very experienced in picking manual trades, and is also a very handy tool/compliment for intermediate traders.
1) A human cannot be awake 24/7. A bot can run on a Virtual Private Server (VPS) and monitor hundreds of currencies and trade without ever stopping unless you tell it. Some of my best sales come in the middle of the night when I am asleep and the Asian markets are alive and I wake up to see some amazing sales.
2) A bot is emotionless. Once you give it parameters, it sticks to them. A human will have emotions. All but the best traders who have honed years of discipline and stick to the rules will not be able to do this and make rash decisions rather than logical ones. The bot will consistently do what you tell it to without fail.
3) Consistent steady profits.  Unless you are a truly experienced expert trader you will mostly likely make bad decisions, and may lose money or fluctuate your trading balance a lot.
4) A big supportive community all with the same goal of making decent money. Profit trailer has thousands of active users and people share tips, strategies to help newbies. I’ve learnt so much from talking to other experienced traders and botters. Some people who use completely different strategies do just as well as I do proving there is more than one way to win.
5) Detailed monitoring of profits and account balances. Profit Trailer has a very detailed log of your buys and sells including a calculation of the USD of your account, sales, daily, weekly profit amongst many other things. There is also a possible buy list, which are alts getting within buy range. PT will show you the exact buy trigger prices where it would make potentially make a buy.

Obviously knowing how to set the bot up and optimise it and what precautions to take is vital in achieving this. Profit Trailer also has a range of excellent safety features to stop trading in certain market conditions.

This is an edited, shortened version of an article from my site. The original with links to some Trading View scripts and much detail about how PT under the bonnet works can be seen here. I've also published an extended version on Medium with screenshots of my sales log.

https://medium.com/@wisepapertiger/profit-trailer-bitcoin-cryptobot-that-makes-lots-of-money-bitcoin-currency-trading-c4f618e048fc?source=user_profile---------1----------------

http://bitcointradingtoday.com/profit-trailer-simply-best-cryptobot-can-make-lot-money/

Trade+grow your btc http://bitcointradingtoday.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ncBB

Activity: 158
Merit: 100

profittrailer.cn

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 06:20:47 AM

Support it, i agree with that

LarryHolmes (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2018, 09:15:37 PM

Good to hear it! How long have you been a user for yourself?

Support it, i agree with that

onnz423

Activity: 840
Merit: 508

Make winning bets on sports with Sportsbet.io!

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 11:07:55 PM

Bookmarking this thread for later as your article looks like an interesting read.

Just had a quick glance through it and couldn't find any direct evidence that you turned such a small amount into almost 1BTC, seems like something you would want to back up with data, otherwise it will be seen at best as an exaggeration, or at worst a flat out lie.

▄▄██████▄▄
  ████████████
███▄▄
 ██████████████▀▀▀██▄
████████████████   ▀██▄
████████████████     ▀██
██████████████       ██▌
██████████████        ▐██
██▌▀▀██████▀▀         ▐██
▐██                   ██▌
 ██▄                 ▄██
  ▀██▄             ▄██▀
    ▀██▄▄▄     ▄▄▄██▀
      ▀▀█████████▀▀

███████████████████████████
████████▀▀       ▀▀████████
█████▀   ▄ ▀███▀ ▄   ▀█████
████  ▄████▄ ▀ ▄████▄  ████
███  ▄ ▀███▀ ▄ ▀███▀ ▄  ███
██  ▄██ ▀▀ ▄███▄ ▀▀ ██▄  ██
██  █▀ ▄█ ███████ █▄ ▀█  ██
██   ▄███▄ █████ ▄███▄   ██
███  ████▀ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▀████  ███
████  ▀ ▄ ▀█████▀ ▄ ▀  ████
█████▄  ▀▀▄ ███ ▄▀▀  ▄█████
████████▄▄       ▄▄████████
███████████████████████████

█▀▀

█▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
█▀▀

█▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
LarryHolmes (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2018, 02:23:58 PM
Last edit: February 23, 2018, 02:48:44 PM by LarryHolmes

Well I'm hardly going to show exact details of my account am I, However, I can show a screenshot of a period sales from around December if you want proof. Compared to some articles and videos I've seen saying you can turn 1k into 1 million, I think my words are modest. And if you read the article I said it's unlikely you'll see such a huge gain every month because during December there was both an altcoin and bitcoin boom and PT took advantage of that, but during normal times it will still grow consistently.

Bookmarking this thread for later as your article looks like an interesting read.

Just had a quick glance through it and couldn't find any direct evidence that you turned such a small amount into almost 1BTC, seems like something you would want to back up with data, otherwise it will be seen at best as an exaggeration, or at worst a flat out lie.

dragonsfire1981

Activity: 58

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 02:30:34 PM

During boom times, e.g. last spring and last winter some experienced Gunbot users were doubling their accounts in a matter of weeks. I've had the odd 10% day here and there. As Larry says, this will of course not happen every month because it depends on the market, but PT/GB if you know how to use them properly will exponentially grow your account during boom times quicker than you might expect. During the bear periods your entire account will stagnate or not grow of course. Profit Trailer works a bit differently to Gunbot but they are sort of cousins.
LarryHolmes (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2018, 03:28:56 PM

I'm just in the process of screenshotting my sales from December to January, may just edit original post and put images in there as well as on site, just wait till you see it! PT also calculates the USD profit of each sale as well so you'll get an idea of how mean this thing is when the market turns green Smiley

Irishboy

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 05:27:46 PM

Just a quick question ( or five) from a complete novice. Hope someone can help.
Gonna buy PT for Binance.
1) Is it better to run it on bcc or eth?
2) Do I need to get rid of all the existing alt coins I’m currently holding on binance before I start using it?
3) If I don’t use a vps does my computer need to be on all the time for it to work?
4) The PT wiki is currently offering a vps with PT preinstalled for $20\month. Is this worth it for someone that wouldn’t have a clue how to link the 2 otherwise?
5) I’m only going to have a starting balance of $500. Is it worth it. Am I likely to see any sort of worthwhile returns?

If you’re still reading this (lol) I would really appreciate your advice.

Thanks
LarryHolmes (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2018, 01:48:29 PM
Last edit: February 26, 2018, 03:18:46 PM by LarryHolmes

1) Assume you mean BTC or ETH? I've only ever run it on BTC pairs but I think BTC is more profitable (but also more wild) with ETH it's probably more stable, albiet with potentially smaller gains but less prone to fluctuations.
2) No you don't as PT will either trade them on your behalf or if you bought them ages ago e.g. more than 30 days it won't calculate an average price, plus you can stop PT manually from trading on specific pairs if you just want to hodl your coins there or you can have a copletely seperate Binance account for the bot
3) Yes, hence why it's best to have a VPS, I use Contabo
4) It might be, but I managed to set it up myelf, it might be confusing if you haven't done it before.
5) Obviously it's a small amount but I would just compound all the profits for most of the year and by the end of this year, it could be worth a lot more Wink

Also I'm going to update my article later to include your questions and my answers to them Smiley

2) Do I need to get rid of all the existing alt coins I’m currently holding on binance before I start using it?
3) If I don’t use a vps does my computer need to be on all the time for it to work?
4) The PT wiki is currently offering a vps with PT preinstalled for $20\month. Is this worth it for someone that wouldn’t have a clue how to link the 2 otherwise?
5) I’m only going to have a starting balance of $500. Is it worth it. Am I likely to see any sort of worthwhile returns?

Thanks

BOBALLEX

Activity: 75

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 01:57:26 PM

Thanks

1)Better btc, more volume
2)Yes
3)Yes
4)--
5)Yes, but dont use many trading pairs
alyssa85
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 02:10:58 PM

Looking forward to seeing the results after six months.

In my experience, no automatic trading bot works long term in the alt space, because alts behave so oddly, there are all the pump and dump teams, the exchanges listing and delisting, the scandals. All of which make the market incredibly hard to predict automatically.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit InvestBox.|.BUY X10 AND EARN 10% DAILY.🏆
LarryHolmes (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2018, 02:43:45 PM
Last edit: February 26, 2018, 03:17:56 PM by LarryHolmes

Unlike most bot users I'm using settings that I actively manage, I know how to react to market and trend changes and have tested significantly and have based upon looking at many Coinigy and Trading View price movements. On default settings it will do fine when market is okay or uptrend but may become unstuck when the market turns, so if you are saying if you just left as it is for ages then yes your account will fluctuate wildly, but that's where I differ because I have thought a lot about the defence as much as offence, hence why of course some people get better results than others. It's also about adapting a style of trading that is effective to the bot and I've pretty much found it, but not everyone will of course hence why I also offer a service for advanced settings and coaching, though if you just followed the advice and settings examples I give in my article you will do well too. At the end of the day it's a tool and the smarter and more perceptive you are, and the more you know about price action, trends, wht the buy and sell strategies do etc all the trad trading tools the more you will know about how best to use the bot, you will be able to trade as well as someone who has far more experience because PT will automate it.

You also have to understand PT has an enormous number of safety features to help you manage risk unlike most other bots I've used and if you know how to set them up effectively you can shield yourself from a whole manner of unpredictable situations, and help mitigate the risk. Therefore you can have varying degrees of semi automatic usage of PT, and even as an experienced trader it is an excellent way to manage your portfolio dut to its monitoring systems, trailing buy, trailing sell, Sell only mode, DCA, panic sell, adjusting of buy and sell levels, and stop loss features etc.

Looking forward to seeing the results after six months.

In my experience, no automatic trading bot works long term in the alt space, because alts behave so oddly, there are all the pump and dump teams, the exchanges listing and delisting, the scandals. All of which make the market incredibly hard to predict automatically.

LarryHolmes (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2018, 03:21:40 PM

Yes btc volume vs eth volume on pairs is a good point, though I know people who do ETH and have told me they are happy with their results

Another good point. In my article I also explain how to use the minimum buy balance% feature so it locks up a % of your btc balance so you preserve profits as time goes on and it dynamically adjusts according to the value and size of your overall holdings, another excellent feature.

>>Yes, but dont use many trading pairs

Thanks

1)Better btc, more volume
2)Yes
3)Yes
4)--
5)Yes, but dont use many trading pairs

LarryHolmes (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2018, 01:55:44 AM

Okay I've now updated the article so that it has my uploaded pictures from my sales log, take a look and see the sales I made from Dec 15th to Jan 15th where I turned 0.15btc to 0.85 btc Smiley

LarryHolmes (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2018, 10:40:48 AM

Aggressive (aka dangerous and silly) DCA settings are explained in detail my article.

do you have an example of agressive settings that may share?

Porkepie

Activity: 1

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 12:52:47 PM

Larry,

Great article btw I found it extremely useful.

I missed out on the great bull run of late 2017 and just got into crypto shortly after. I'm an avid PT user like yourself.

Like a lot right now ive jumped on the "ETH is safer" bandwagon but am wondering whether i'm better off weathering the BTC volotility for better gains and greater longevity? I know youve said you'd tested some ETH trading with PT but have you found it to be any different honestly?

Currently using some of the advice you've shared in your article and keen to learn more.
shiroocrypto

Activity: 43
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 01:04:02 PM

Okay I've now updated the article so that it has my uploaded pictures from my sales log, take a look and see the sales I made from Dec 15th to Jan 15th where I turned 0.15btc to 0.85 btc Smiley

Isn't this a bit misleading? Because this is a period that is almost the super bull run and normal trading would've gotten you really great gains during this time period similar or better than this.

I'd more like to know the profits during the current bear market because this is where traders should shine.
Pelevelyl

Activity: 84

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 01:13:01 PM

It's good that you share your successes. Please tell us how growing your account since the beginning of this year?
AlphaOmada

Activity: 6

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 11:33:32 PM

Profit Trailer doesn't look to be profitable at all.

Why does Profit Trailer lose BTC and the profits it shows keep going up? Actual BTC amount goes down while daily profit percentage seems to be going up.

Can someone please help me understand Profit Trailer trading strategy? It seems to only lose money.

Using BTC as a base coin (not even comparing to USD yet) then the object is to earn more BTC by trading alts. Only you get bagged up if BTC goes UP OR DOWN! I understand settings are important and you have to stay on top of them adjusting all the time. I am not talking about that.

In order not to get bagged up you have to keep only a small amount in Profit Trailer trading at any given time. Which means, if you can get it to profit, those profits are very small. And you could just buy and hodl BTC instead and come out ahead without Profit Trailer.

It seems Profit Trailer could only make money if BTC is going sideways on any settings. There are people who publish their earngings all the time. And their BTC amounts just keep going down while their daily earnings showing on the Profit Trailer are going up. That simply doesn't make sense.

I guess I just don't understand how Profit Trailer could ever be profitable?

1) Is anyone really making a profit on Profit Trailer over a few months time (not just the first two weeks they turn it on)?

2) And where/how do I get those settings? I have already tried several different settings on multiple bots over the last few months.

Can anyone help with something better than, "Yes, I profit. You just have to figure out good settings on your own by tweaking Profit Trailer yourself."

Otherwise, if you have to keep adjusting Profit Trailer all the time on your own then you might as well just trade BTC manually. It would be easier.

bdbabiak77

Activity: 42

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 12:14:10 AM

Bots like this will only make a profit in bull markets, and the profit they make then is less than a buy and hold strategy would do.

In bear markets like this, bots bleed worse than not trading.

You're not going to make money off a couple of mass-produced bots with simple technical analysis algorithm. Only super-fast trading on fiber optics cables with tiny profits on a massive volume of millions can make meaningful money with a bot, like Goldman Sachs or JP Morgan do.

These things are just toys for playing / experimenting with automated trading.

If you get into Monte Carlos, AI using Tensorflow and Keras with Q-learning, etc, you still won't profit, and you certainly won't beat the big guys (I've done this and more), but you won't lose money either, your account will slowly dribble.

Small investors aren't going to do anything but lose money with a bot. You can only make money reliably as a small investor with long-term trades based on fundamental value research.

These threads are to sell bots. Some people, like the poster here, run these during straight up bull markets and don't realize, as they say, "Everyone's a genius in a bull market."
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: