Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 11:04:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What is bitcoin backed by?  (Read 1896 times)
Onah

Activity: 73
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 03:32:55 AM

Technically, it is backed by blockchain technology.
Again, blockchain is a decentralized system and worked on the matter of trust from all players involved in. So basically it is backed by every one of us. Everyone that is being involved such as miners (mostly) and then holders.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Lexurdania

Activity: 840
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 06:08:17 AM

People believe bitcoin is backed by nothing. I think that is not the truth. I believe bitcoin is actually backed by people themselves. It is backed by none other than just you. We all witnessed the price has been fluctuating by all those FUDs and bad news. The price changes by emotion and non logical facts. I believe you hold bitcoin no matter what happened and would happen, and believe it is backed by all of us, it would make a history.  Cool

Bitcoin back up by secure network and unhackable data transaction. We know that many fake paper money because the security on paper money very weak. Different with bitcoin, bitcoin network very secure and almost unhacked, people can not change data transaction on network

[ M p l a z a ]                  Metaverse with NFT  |  ▼ social events
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ A virtual hangout place forshopping    
discordtelegramtwitter  [ JOIN NOW ] |  ▼ culture        
dongyi17

Activity: 616
Merit: 100

FRX: Ferocious Alpha

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 06:18:01 AM

Bitcoin is backed up by internet!.. hehe kidding aside.. really it was backed up by people who patronize, accept bitcoin, investor, developer and advertizer and bounty campaign without these people I guess bitcoin will not survive the fact that it still here is because of these people. and the success and failure of it is still these..

ronics

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 01:48:27 PM

The simplest way of economics is competently no longer returns in between any of these things. Each one has a price pointed to by the strengths of a supply and demand market. The price of Bitcoin really goes up and sometimes down as people are also saddened by bitcoin value changes, they are faithful to everything in the world.
spongegar

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 05:00:18 AM

For me honestly it's still not clear. I mean pricing a product or service depends on how much it is to produce a product or conduct a service plus an overhead. With crypto currency, i think it is backed up by how much people are willing to pay for it and how much is available in the market.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬ |  𝗘𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘂𝗺 𝗖𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗰 𝗩𝗶𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻    ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬
▬▬ ▬▬ ▬▬ Hard fork Ethereum  ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬  11.1.19  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ANN  ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬ All Ethereum holders will receive 3 ETCV ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Telegram  ▬▬▬▬▬  Twitter  ▬▬▬▬  White Paper  ▬▬▬ ▬▬
Saripondso

Activity: 35

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 07:47:07 AM

i agree with you, I think bitcoin is backed by someone. Maybe he is the biggest investor in this market
Hiltohen

Activity: 76

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 07:53:22 PM

It is backed by the people, US! We back it up, we say how much it worths and we decide what the price will be. There is no "thing" or a "place" that decides what the price will be or even what the features will be. Even the core developers can create segwit all they want but if the people do not use the chain with segwit and go for the old one, segwit would have died. Basically the importance here is to keep our voices heard and create a decentralized democratic system of economy that would equalize us and treats us no different. Blockchain and bitcoin is backed by the resistance.
AleSergio

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

BuyAnyLight - Blockchain LED Marketplace

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 07:58:00 PM

Hmm it is backed by technology - blockchain, plus it is backed by users who hold a lot of bitcoins. SO it is like a small bank Smiley

▄▄▄▄▄           
       ▄▄███████████▄▄     
   ▄▄███████████████████▄▄ 
 ▄█████████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████████
████      ▀██▀  ▀██  ████████
████  ███   █    ██  ████████
████       █  ██  █  ████████
████  ███            ████████
████         █████        ███
█████████████████████████████
 ▀█████████████████████████▀