Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:52:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Service: Selling BTC Gift Certificates  (Read 651 times)
cbhelp (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 07:20:14 PM

I am going to start selling BTC Gift Certificates, so that you may give them as gifts to family and friends during the holiday season, or for any reason.

The gift certificates will have a BTC address on them, as well as the password to the wallet, and instructions on how the person receiving the btc can access their wallet, and how to change their password.  I am doing this because I want to be able to contribute, and also because I think it will be a challenge for me to do. 

The cost of the gift certificates will be the current price of btc, plus 3.00 for shipping.  I have not been able to upload pics of the certificate yet, but will do so if anyone might be interested.

This is very low tech on my end, and I agree that most people have no use for this.  It gives me something to do, while browsing the forum.  Be nice please.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2013, 08:20:59 PM

Probably no use for this, as for we can easily make it ourselves, and it is very easy for you to scam (so always use escrow guys).  You will get absolute no sales if you don't even have a picture.
cbhelp (OP)

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 08:31:03 PM

Yea, I was thinking it through, thought it would be a cool side project, but after I thought on it, its not very useful.  Just trying to help out and also make a few bit cents on my free time. 

Instead of me holding and making the certificates, maybe I can design a template for a certificate, if anyone wants one.  No charge, just looking to contribute.
monbux
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2013, 08:35:34 PM

Yea, I was thinking it through, thought it would be a cool side project, but after I thought on it, its not very useful.  Just trying to help out and also make a few bit cents on my free time. 

Instead of me holding and making the certificates, maybe I can design a template for a certificate, if anyone wants one.  No charge, just looking to contribute.

If you are a good designer online, or offline, then offer your services! Smiley

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=52.0
cbhelp (OP)

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 08:39:50 PM

I wouldn't say I am good enough to sell, just have some free time Smiley
johnniewalker
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 14, 2013, 01:00:58 AM

I am going to start selling BTC Gift Certificates, so that you may give them as gifts to family and friends during the holiday season, or for any reason.

The gift certificates will have a BTC address on them, as well as the password to the wallet, and instructions on how the person receiving the btc can access their wallet, and how to change their password.  I am doing this because I want to be able to contribute, and also because I think it will be a challenge for me to do. 

The cost of the gift certificates will be the current price of btc, plus 3.00 for shipping.  I have not been able to upload pics of the certificate yet, but will do so if anyone might be interested.

This is very low tech on my end, and I agree that most people have no use for this.  It gives me something to do, while browsing the forum.  Be nice please.
There was a period of time where people might have bought something like this. The truth is, though, that you can't and should not trust ANYONE with your private key (except maybe Casascius). It is quite easy to make your own bitcoin gift certificates-and they are 100% SAFE! If you do not know how and would like to find out, PM me.
Magazine

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 14, 2013, 01:07:24 AM

The DIY aspect of it sounds great, you can make the kits for it.
cbhelp (OP)

View Profile
September 14, 2013, 01:12:27 AM

Yea I didn't think through the part about the private keys until right after I posted.  Like  isaid though, I'd be willing to maybe help design the certificate just for fun. I like tontry to help and get involved.

Maybe we can get casscasius to start this service too Wink
monbux
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2013, 03:09:00 AM

Well, this is kind of like a paper wallet, but like I said, a paper wallet can be free (with you paying fo printing, of course).  Would love it if you could show us a picture.
cbhelp (OP)

View Profile
September 14, 2013, 01:22:22 PM

Ill be doing a picture and ill post it on Monday, my home computer is a tablet, not the easiest to do work on Wink
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: