Bitcoin Forum
July 18, 2024, 05:32:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ethereum/mist wallet sync??? stuck at last 70~200 blocks  (Read 78 times)
fiatflux (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 01:11:01 AM

I've been trying to sync my Mist wallet for past two weeks
but it keeps getting stuck at last 70~200 blocks... then it starts downloading the neverending chain structure, which keeps increasing as the download progresses.

tried the sync with light client
re-installing the wallet
deleting the previous blocks/chain data

but in the end, it keeps getting stuck at last 70~200 blocks, then the chain structure thing again.

even ran the geth via command lines... seemed like it was gonna work... but it ended up in the same spot.

anyone one how to fix this???

any help would be great.

thanks in advance.
kk80586

Activity: 202
Merit: 13

I like coins. I love ONION.

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 02:32:47 AM
Last edit: February 13, 2018, 02:53:16 AM by kk80586

I believe on the wallet download page or at least somewhere on the site is a file of the blockchain up to midnight each night. You can put that in and take care of the majority. There will still be a way to go but I found that shutting down and restarting the wallet seemed to make it go faster. I will look for that file url.

EDIT: I think they used to have the link at the bottom of the download page but I don't see it now. I would suggest reading this https://theethereum.wiki/w/index.php/Ethereum_Wallet_Syncing_Problems
Ethereum wallet does take quite awhile to sync. I don't know if newer versions are any faster or not but make sure you have the latest version.

▐▐   ▬▬▬▬▬   Own ONION   ▬▬▬▬▬   ▌▌
████    Highly Secure & TOR INTEGRATED    ████
▬▬▬▬   (✔) DeepVault Blockchain Notary •  SegWit Wallet Released  •  deeponion.org   ▬▬▬▬
fiatflux (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 12:15:27 AM

Yeah... got the latest versions of both geth (1.7.3), and the mist (9.3) yet it always to seem to stall around at the last 200 blocks...
when it gets there, mist goes into the neverending chain structure downloading phase... 

this is damn frustrating... the rinkeby testnet works fine. its the mainnet (the one that's supposed to be more stable) that's not working... sigh...

I believe on the wallet download page or at least somewhere on the site is a file of the blockchain up to midnight each night. You can put that in and take care of the majority. There will still be a way to go but I found that shutting down and restarting the wallet seemed to make it go faster. I will look for that file url.

EDIT: I think they used to have the link at the bottom of the download page but I don't see it now. I would suggest reading this https://theethereum.wiki/w/index.php/Ethereum_Wallet_Syncing_Problems
Ethereum wallet does take quite awhile to sync. I don't know if newer versions are any faster or not but make sure you have the latest version.
Jansaa

Activity: 392
Merit: 105

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 01:18:44 AM

You can backup your wallet! Delete all database of Mist and resync your wallet! But before you try to check your PC network and Antivirus apps
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: