Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 07:49:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Want 5BTC. Only have paypal.  (Read 2276 times)
ex0420 (OP)

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 16, 2011, 11:33:05 AM

I can send money in multiple transactions if it makes things easier I've never ripped anyone off in my life, I'm not about to start now. I need some BTC to go shopping Tongue

EDIT: Just read in another thread that funds sent as a donation can't be reversed. Would anyone be willing to do that?
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jack of Diamonds

Activity: 252
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 16, 2011, 01:56:31 PM

Every single thing sent through PayPal except mass payments can be reversed (and if you're shitty enough you could phone up the bank to cancel a 'fraudulent bank wire transfer).

All Paypal transactions to BTC are extremely risky for the seller. The vast majority of buyers are scammers.

If you want to build trust, trade your PP to Dwolla & make an escrow trade at btcrow.com so that neither party can be scammed.

1f3gHNoBodYw1LLs3ndY0UanYB1tC0lnsBec4USeYoU9AREaCH34PBeGgAR67fx
arnoldrimmer

Activity: 358
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 16, 2011, 02:45:58 PM

Guys I am Sitting in Germany and ATM the only way is via Linden Dollar to get BTC for me without much or no Fees and this takes me 48 Hours and the exchange rate from Euro to L$ is high.

So I AM also searching for a way to get someone who I can send the Money via any Service were i can use my Credit card online

i even tryed to register with Dwolla but that service seems only für US Citizens....

► HackenAI ◄  ♦ HackenAI - Personal Cybersecurity Application ♦  ► HackenAI ◄
───●❀●───●❀●───●❀●───●❀●───●❀●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●❀●───●❀●───●❀●───●❀●───●❀●───
Facebook◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Medium◂ | ▸Reddit◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Whitepaper
ex0420 (OP)

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 16, 2011, 03:48:33 PM

Every single thing sent through PayPal except mass payments can be reversed (and if you're shitty enough you could phone up the bank to cancel a 'fraudulent bank wire transfer).

All Paypal transactions to BTC are extremely risky for the seller. The vast majority of buyers are scammers.

If you want to build trust, trade your PP to Dwolla & make an escrow trade at btcrow.com so that neither party can be scammed.

Thanks for the info. Can I use dwolla in the uk?
arnoldrimmer

View Profile
July 16, 2011, 03:53:43 PM

no

───●❀●───●❀●───●❀●───●❀●───●❀●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●❀●───●❀●───●❀●───●❀●───●❀●───
BTCrow

Activity: 243
Merit: 250

BTCrow.com

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2011, 04:12:32 PM

Dwolla is only for US people at the moment, I think they are working to improve their service to major other countries but not sure how long it will take in order to be completed.

In the UK (if it's like there at Quebec / Canada) I think you should be able to openup a US bank account for US funds only, didn't tested but dwolla could work this way.

I also do not recommend to use paypal as payment processor to exchange BTC, till they told in their ToS that they aren't currency exchanger you can get your account banned without any questions.

I also saw someone recommending my escrow service BTCrow.com it could be use as a secure way to make transfer but I still do not recommend using paypal for such transaction. There's plenty of exchangers out there which can exchange your cash to other things such as LR or WMZ.

My recommendation: Get your funds to your bank account or credit card, then create a LR account and use an exchanger to transfer your bank or credit card funds to LR. A good list can be found here: http://www.bsrates.com/. Then Exchange LR to BTC via people here or via mtgox or tradehill. For LR to BTC transaction if you fear of being scammed or anything else, you can now use my escrow service at BTCrow.com.

Hope this information was useful.

Jules
info@btcrow.com
BTCrow.com

Jack of Diamonds

Activity: 252
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 16, 2011, 04:54:26 PM

Dwolla is only for US people at the moment, I think they are working to improve their service to major other countries but not sure how long it will take in order to be completed.

In the UK (if it's like there at Quebec / Canada) I think you should be able to openup a US bank account for US funds only, didn't tested but dwolla could work this way.

I also do not recommend to use paypal as payment processor to exchange BTC, till they told in their ToS that they aren't currency exchanger you can get your account banned without any questions.

I also saw someone recommending my escrow service BTCrow.com it could be use as a secure way to make transfer but I still do not recommend using paypal for such transaction. There's plenty of exchangers out there which can exchange your cash to other things such as LR or WMZ.

My recommendation: Get your funds to your bank account or credit card, then create a LR account and use an exchanger to transfer your bank or credit card funds to LR. A good list can be found here: http://www.bsrates.com/. Then Exchange LR to BTC via people here or via mtgox or tradehill. For LR to BTC transaction if you fear of being scammed or anything else, you can now use my escrow service at BTCrow.com.

Hope this information was useful.

Jules
info@btcrow.com
BTCrow.com

This is the best & safest method for both buyer & seller. Only scammers would object to these procedures.
I still wouldn't recommend LibertyReserve as a quick search shows they have chargeback procedures as well (scam magnet)

1f3gHNoBodYw1LLs3ndY0UanYB1tC0lnsBec4USeYoU9AREaCH34PBeGgAR67fx
CentroniX

Activity: 109

View Profile
July 16, 2011, 05:00:56 PM

ex0420: Check your e-mail... (sorry, can't send PMs at the moment)
arnoldrimmer

View Profile
July 16, 2011, 05:16:16 PM

This cloak and dagger Politics will kill bitcoin if nobody will have the balls to use Paypal.

BTW I come from Germany i cant do Paypal Gifts so i even did not got the 5 BTC from the other Post.

I now go now online with Second Life buy there L$ für a bad Exchange rate then convert them via www.virwox.com into BC and wait 48 Hours...

twobits

Activity: 574

View Profile
July 18, 2011, 08:28:34 AM

I think you can buy usd denominated ukash in the uk?   If so I would be willing to do a trade for that.

Edit: Actually looks like they offer conversions services now also, so even if you can't, I still would be willing to do it, though it may take me a bit to work out the rates and I would need to charge a bit more probably to allow for that later.

█████                █████      ███████             
█████                ███    █████████████       
█████                ██  █████████████████   
█████                █  ██████              ██████ 
█████                    ████                      ████ 
█████████████  █████                        ████
█████                    █████                             
█████                █  ██████              ███████
█████                ██  ███████████    █████ 
█████                ███    █████████    ████   
█████                █████      ███████    ██
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
HyperQuant.net
Platform for Professional Asset Management
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
WhitePaper
One-Pager
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
Telegram 
Facebook
Twitter
Medium
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
█████                █████      ███████             
█████                ███    █████████████       
█████                ██  █████████████████   
█████                █  ██████              ██████ 
█████                    ████                      ████ 
█████                    █████                             
█████                █  ██████              ███████
█████                ██  ███████████    █████ 
█████                ███    █████████    ████   
█████                █████      ███████    ██
bitcoinTrader

Activity: 364

View Profile
July 18, 2011, 11:47:54 AM

EDIT: Just read in another thread that funds sent as a donation can't can be reversed.

spruce

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 18, 2011, 11:59:07 AM

I can send money in multiple transactions if it makes things easier I've never ripped anyone off in my life, I'm not about to start now. I need some BTC to go shopping Tongue

You seem to be in the UK. You can easily buy bitcoins at Britcoin. Transfer £s in from a bank account, which usually credits to your Britcoin account same day and costs no fee. I've used Britcoin for a month and it works fine.
Donald_Norman

Activity: 100

View Profile
July 19, 2011, 12:37:18 AM

If you live in the UK you can use Britcoin.co.uk it's free and we process bank transfers 2 times a day now.
Donald_Norman

Activity: 100

View Profile
July 19, 2011, 12:38:07 AM

Our USD platform Intersango.us has opened just 48 hours ago and we accept Dwolla
spruce

Activity: 140

View Profile
July 19, 2011, 07:40:20 AM

Can I use dwolla in the uk?

You can use textcoin.co.uk in the UK, and buy bitcoin using your mobile phone and having the cost deducted from your mobile credit. I just bought .10 BTC there and it's really neat, although you pay a premium for the convenience, currently £11.50 per BTC (pro-rated) instead of the going rate of just over £8.
virtualfaqs

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2011, 07:11:07 PM

Selling BTC in my thread.

http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=30293.0

Thank you for your consideration.

Mass Payments can be reversed by PayPal not just bank transfer reversals.

Jules
info@btcrow.com
BTCrow.com

There's no way to prove this if the seller doesn't mention it. As long as it's not in your PayPal transaction comments or PayPal email or eBay auction, you should be fine.

https://twitter.com/virtualfaqs
Looking for altcoin pump advice? Then follow me.
BTCrow

Activity: 243

BTCrow.com

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2011, 06:53:02 PM

There's no way to prove this if the seller doesn't mention it. As long as it's not in your PayPal transaction comments or PayPal email or eBay auction, you should be fine.
[/quote]

Agreed for this, unless you make only transactions (a lot) involving BTC and that you get complains. They can make verification for products / services.

mizike29

Activity: 168

View Profile
July 25, 2011, 07:59:56 PM

I have been selling using paypal for months with no issues with bitcoins.  Send as a gift, confirm the transaction and sell the bitcoins.  Dont sell a 100 bitcoins to someone you dont know but its not too risky for 50 to a 100 bux of BTC.  Dont mention virtual currency, or BTC, use it as a gift and paypal wont know or care.  Ebay I have also had no issues, I like ebay because I can at least verify the buyer has good feedback with ebay and sell mine a good amount over worth for convenienece.

I will sell bitcoins for Paypal, just shoot me an email, no major transactions, gift only to save fees, $16 a bitcoin for paypal transactions.

Mizike29@hotmail.com

And both can verify each other with there ebay accounts, and personal rep on here. 

virtualfaqs

Activity: 700

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2011, 09:46:11 PM

I have been selling using paypal for months with no issues with bitcoins.  Send as a gift, confirm the transaction and sell the bitcoins.  Dont sell a 100 bitcoins to someone you dont know but its not too risky for 50 to a 100 bux of BTC.  Dont mention virtual currency, or BTC, use it as a gift and paypal wont know or care.  Ebay I have also had no issues, I like ebay because I can at least verify the buyer has good feedback with ebay and sell mine a good amount over worth for convenienece.

I will sell bitcoins for Paypal, just shoot me an email, no major transactions, gift only to save fees, $16 a bitcoin for paypal transactions.

Mizike29@hotmail.com

And both can verify each other with there ebay accounts, and personal rep on here. 

I'm weary about gift because they can still pay by credit card which defeats the whole point. I'm still trying to find a way to tell if a gift payment was paid by credit card or bank transfer. Also I'm reluctant to use too many gifts because PayPal doesn't make any money off it. This is why I like Mass Pay because it's a recognized way to transact goods on PayPal.

Verifying buyers is a necessary step when dealing with not just BTC, but all virtual goods. Unfortunately lot of sellers skip this step and then get the deer in headlights look when faced with a chargeback. Then they come to these forums to complain.

That's interesting you've had no issues on eBay. I've heard a few people paying with hacked eBay and PayPal accounts.

https://twitter.com/virtualfaqs
Looking for altcoin pump advice? Then follow me.
kgo

Activity: 548

View Profile
July 25, 2011, 10:02:06 PM

If you're honest, you can't reverse a paypal gift payment.  But if you're dishonest, you just say your account was hacked and paypal will reverse it.  Unfortunately it's the dishonest people we need to worry about.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: