Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 02:41:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: GTX 1080 Error 43  (Read 177 times)
BTC22 (OP)

Activity: 322
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 04:45:35 AM

I googled it and tried what I read. Uninstall and reinstall the GPU, unplug the computer and take the battery out of the MOBO and hold the power button down for a minute to clear an static out. It hasn't worked. It all started when I swapped a 750W PSU for an 850W. I only have two GPU's plugged into it, with another one coming tomorrow. It was fine until before I swapped it out.
szafa

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 07:09:46 AM

Gpu have error 43 , check it all is correct plug on gpu.
phuocduong

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 09:23:52 AM

PSU 750w using normal, you can recheck it, not enough power, maybe
ivakar

Activity: 756
Merit: 507

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 09:46:57 AM

Sorry man, I'm afraid code 43 for NVidia card usually says that there are huge problems with gpu
Usually something is bad - chip/mem, power, so if you are sure that your PSU is working ( first one) check this card with that PSU alone, if it will be the same - then all you have is RMA
BTC22 (OP)

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 04:31:41 PM

Sorry man, I'm afraid code 43 for NVidia card usually says that there are huge problems with gpu
Usually something is bad - chip/mem, power, so if you are sure that your PSU is working ( first one) check this card with that PSU alone, if it will be the same - then all you have is RMA

Thankfully it's not. It was a simple fix. The PSU came with 8 pin with 8/6 PCi cables. My GPU's are all 8 pin with 8+8 pins.
BTC22 (OP)

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 04:39:49 PM

Is there anything else I can do, rather then get new cables? I bought an EVGA PSU and run EVGA GPU's. All require dual 8PIN connectors, but the power supply only came with 8/6 pin. WTF?
gotminer

Activity: 644
Merit: 24

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 05:09:28 PM

Is there anything else I can do, rather then get new cables? I bought an EVGA PSU and run EVGA GPU's. All require dual 8PIN connectors, but the power supply only came with 8/6 pin. WTF?

Which psu's did you buy?  I have 1000W GQ's, 850W GQ's and 850W G3's ... They all came without enough cables for 6 gpu's that require two 8 pin's split between two psu's.

I have some 8pin splitters that I thought I was going to need, but didn't end up needing them, so I haven't tested them yet.

Ok, I want you to walk back in there and very calmly, very politely tell the risk assessors to fuck off! -Mark Baum
BTC22 (OP)

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 05:12:10 PM

Which PSU did you buy?  I have GQ's and G3's ... They all came without enough cables.  for 6 gpu's split between two psu's.

Supernova G3. They came with the cables, but it only came with 8Pin to single 8pin and 8 Pin to 8/6 not 8+8 or 8/6+2.
gotminer

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 05:15:20 PM

Which PSU did you buy?  I have GQ's and G3's ... They all came without enough cables.  for 6 gpu's split between two psu's.

Supernova G3. They came with the cables, but it only came with 8Pin to single 8pin and 8 Pin to 8/6 not 8+8 or 8/6+2.

These are what I bought when I thought I was going to need them ...

https://www.amazon.com/PCI-Express-Video-Y-Splitter-Adapter-Supply/dp/B00A3OVG4W/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1518542005&sr=8-9&keywords=8pin+splitter

However, I'm not saying it's safe or will work, because I just don't know, and I haven't tried them.  Maybe Phillip or someone could offer his opinion on them?

Ok, I want you to walk back in there and very calmly, very politely tell the risk assessors to fuck off! -Mark Baum
BTC22 (OP)

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 05:16:49 PM

https://www.amazon.com/PCI-Express-Video-Y-Splitter-Adapter-Supply/dp/B00A3OVG4W/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1518542005&sr=8-9&keywords=8pin+splitter

However, I'm not saying it's safe or will work, because I just don't know, and I haven't tried them.  Maybe Phillip or someone could offer his opinion on them?

What I dont understand is, even the GPU's came with Y splitter's, but they are all 8pin to dual 6 pin.
gotminer

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 05:39:12 PM

What I dont understand is, even the GPU's came with Y splitter's, but they are all 8pin to dual 6 pin.

Yeah I don't understand that either.  All of mine came with some 8pin to dual 8pin and I had enough 8pin to 8pin to use two of those on a couple of gpu's.

BTC22 (OP)

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 05:57:52 PM

Yeah I don't understand that either.  All of mine came with some 8pin to dual 8pin and I had enough 8pin to 8pin to use two of those on a couple of gpu's.

Maybe I was hallucinating. Ill double check later.
treanski

Activity: 364
Merit: 106

ONe Social Network.

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 06:11:24 PM

even if you havent been nice to me i´ll help you, dont connect your riser with sata
you´re welcome

gotminer

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 06:19:55 PM

even if you havent been nice to me i´ll help you, dont connect your riser with sata
you´re welcome

You can use sata powered risers.  Just don't power more than two risers with one sata cable.  I have 24 gpu's running just fine that way.

treanski

ONe Social Network.

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 06:24:31 PM

you´re welcome

You can use sata powered risers.  Just don't power more than two risers with one sata cable.  I have 24 gpu's running just fine that way.

bullshit, it will work for weeks or months but sooner or later you´ll get problems

gotminer

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 06:27:25 PM

you´re welcome

bullshit, it will work for weeks or months but sooner or later you´ll get problems

Maybe so.  I've just never heard anyone say that before.  I guess we'll see.  Not sure what that has to do with the OP's problem though.  I don't think you read the entire thread.

treanski

ONe Social Network.

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 06:30:11 PM

you´re welcome

Maybe so.  I've just never heard anyone say that before.  I guess we'll see.  Not sure what that has to do with the OP's problem though.  I don't think you read the entire thread.

yeah remember when your rigs start freezing, gpus dont detected, error 43 then its time to change riser powering

gotminer

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 06:31:55 PM

you´re welcome

yeah remember when your rigs start freezing, gpus dont detected, error 43 then its time to change riser powering

I will remember.  What exactly is the reasoning for it to happen after a period of time has passed?  I'm curious.

treanski

ONe Social Network.

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 06:37:25 PM

you´re welcome

You can use sata powered risers.  Just don't power more than two risers with one sata cable.  I have 24 gpu's running just fine that way.

Maybe so.  I've just never heard anyone say that before.  I guess we'll see.  Not sure what that has to do with the OP's problem though.  I don't think you read the entire thread.

I will remember.  What exactly is the reasoning for it to happen after a period of time has passed?  I'm curious.

good question, i had this on several rigs after weeks/months running stable 24/7
changed connection to molex or 6pin = all problems gone

also if you psu supports single or multi rail, single rail is better for rigs

gotminer

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 06:47:58 PM

you´re welcome

You can use sata powered risers.  Just don't power more than two risers with one sata cable.  I have 24 gpu's running just fine that way.

Maybe so.  I've just never heard anyone say that before.  I guess we'll see.  Not sure what that has to do with the OP's problem though.  I don't think you read the entire thread.

I will remember.  What exactly is the reasoning for it to happen after a period of time has passed?  I'm curious.

good question, i had this on several rigs after weeks/months running stable 24/7
changed connection to molex or 6pin = all problems gone

also if you psu supports single or multi rail, single rail is better for rigs

Interesting.  What exactly is happening though?  Would just replacing the risers with new sata powered risers solve the problem for another several months?

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: