Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:07:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Crypto in "real" world: search for statistics or survey  (Read 164 times)
WWallet (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2018, 07:08:15 AM

Hello!
I am looking for statistics on the use of cryptocurrency for operations in the "real" world: shopping in stores, payment for services, investments in businesses, etc.
At the moment I found in the study "2017 global cryptocurrency benchmarking study": data on average transactions and regions of it.

Where can I find research on the volume of the operation of crypto currency in the real world?
Tnx!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fiulpro

Activity: 1862
Merit: 830

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 07:12:55 AM

It's hard to find something like that.. why don't you instead create a poll on the forum or a topic and ask people to answer.?
This way in around.. 4-5 days you will have.. the most wide spread data ever.. you could easily use it.. thereafter.
Since cryptocurrency is not that much famous of a subject to study thus you cannot find this big credible data .
Better you do it on your own.
Who knows maybe some other person knows better .
Best of luck .

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██
█████████▀██▀████████
████████▀
░░░░▀░░██████████
███████████▌░░▄▄▄░░░▀████████
███████
█████░░░███▌░░░█████████
███
████████░░░░░░░░░░▄█████████
█████████▀░░░▄████░░░░█████████
███
████▄▄░░░░▀▀▀░░░░▄████████
█████
███▌▄█░░▄▄▄▄█████████
▀████
██████▄██
██████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀
.BitcoinCleanUp.com.

.     Debunking Bitcoin's Energy Use     .
███████████████████████████████
███████▀█████████▀▀▀▀█▀████████
███████▌░▀▀████▀░░░░░░░▄███████
███████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████
███████▀▀▀░░░░░░░▄▄████████████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
...#EndTheFUD...
jefbigbob70

Activity: 64

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 11:10:15 AM

While such whales as Amazon will not apply the crypt for trading this statistics will not be as very little data. And some specifically use the crypt that would not get into the statistics Roll Eyes.

https://domainnamewire.com/2017/11/01/amazon-coin-amazon-com-registers-cryptocurrency-domain-names/
alyssa85
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 12:59:14 PM

Because most of the companies in the crypto space are private (in other words they arn't listed on any stock exchange), they keep this sort of information secret.

We know that in December that Coinbase was getting about 1 million new sign ups a week, but when then press started quoting them, they removed the stats from their website.

I guess you could do some digging into companies like Overstock which have enabled payment by cryptocurrency. They are publicly listed, so somewhere in their accounts will be a statement about sales through bitcoin.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit InvestBox.|.BUY X10 AND EARN 10% DAILY.🏆
hase0278

Activity: 882
Merit: 544

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 01:07:44 PM

Because most of the companies in the crypto space are private (in other words they arn't listed on any stock exchange), they keep this sort of information secret.

We know that in December that Coinbase was getting about 1 million new sign ups a week, but when then press started quoting them, they removed the stats from their website.

I guess you could do some digging into companies like Overstock which have enabled payment by cryptocurrency. They are publicly listed, so somewhere in their accounts will be a statement about sales through bitcoin.
You are right. OP should also do some digging into payment processors that lets crypto's be used in real world transactions. I don't think statement about sales through bitcoin will satisfy what he is looking for since it will only detail transaction volume of bitcoin in the real world. Still, It would get him roughly an estimate on the volume so if it is fine to just get an estimate of the volume and not the precise value, Just follow the advice quoted above OP.
Bobby park

Activity: 546
Merit: 24

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 01:22:00 PM

I do not find any related studies or survey in cryptocurrency as of now. And I think it is hard to get statistics in which countries that the cryptocurrency already circulated.
I guess it will be a good research or a topic in this forum in order for us to know the current situation of cryptocurrency in every part of the world.
Clausewitz

Activity: 27

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 01:24:22 PM

Here is a real use case of crypto:

https://www.newsbtc.com/2018/02/26/meet-the-vegas-crypto-strippers/
jseverson

Activity: 1834
Merit: 759

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 01:32:07 PM

It's hard to find something like that.. why don't you instead create a poll on the forum or a topic and ask people to answer.?
This way in around.. 4-5 days you will have.. the most wide spread data ever.. you could easily use it.. thereafter.
Since cryptocurrency is not that much famous of a subject to study thus you cannot find this big credible data .
Better you do it on your own.
Who knows maybe some other person knows better .
Best of luck .

This is unlikely to yield any conclusive results because forums typically revolve a single subject matter, so most of its users will have the same interests. If you take a poll of who pays with crypto here on Bitcointalk, for example, you'll likely get a much higher percentage than if you're polling random people in the street.

There are no extensive studies like this that I am aware of, sadly. Your best bet are Bitcoin payment processors, but I highly doubt they'll share sales data; I bet they won't even provide you a ballpark figure.

CHENIEN

Activity: 616
Merit: 11

Decentralized Ascending Auctions on Blockchain

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 01:32:44 PM

When we say the statistics survey of cryptocurrencies, it is mostly more on estimated system, because I don't ever heard any news that reveals about transactions of cryptocurrencies being made day by day, and how many people being registered. I only heard about tv news that cryptocurrencies transactions grows for about 20% compare last year, but there is no specific answer about the volume of users and their transactions. If we try to search about establishments and institutions who accept cryptocurrency like bitcoin are only few. Hopefully that there is a person can reveal the exact answer.

iBid    ▐    Decentralized Auctions on Blockchain   (❪  ► About us   ► Telegram  ❫)
◾ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬            AN  AUCTION    ❱    All auctions start at    $0
[   ◥   Google Play      ◥   App Store   ]  ██ SIGN UP ██  ❱   with no minimum reserve
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: