If people who invested in this pyramid are enthusiastic about it, they probably think this project needs new ideas and further development.
What can be done:
- translate to other languages
- add a-ads
code to increase the frequency of random payments
- go opensource to increase trust to the system
- improve the interface, nicer design, authorization via bitcoin address (e. g. signing the random message given by site)
- HTML widgets that could be embedded by members in their sites or blogs to attract new referrals
- allow each member to contribute some content, e. g. to set a message with a hyperlink and upload an image... so each member would be represented by an icon, and we'll see some content on the member's page, and also a gallery of members' referrals.. that could be fun to navigate through hierarchy and watch all those galleries.. thus increasing the advertising revenue of involved members or a pyramid as a whole.
- accept alt-coins via gateways (that would convert them to btc)
- change rules, e. g. limit the profits of the winners or allow to buy higher position in the hierarchy (swap nodes for money), reduce withdrawal theshold.. or something else...
- allow each member to vote on initiatives regarding the rules change and further pyramid improvements (votes are not equal, but are proportional to amount of money deposited by voters)
There can be many more ideas, these are just the few that came to my mind during creation of this post.
The problem is that I am NOT going to implement any of them in near future.
I started BitcoinPyramid in July 2011. It was fun and helped me to learn more things about Bitcoin and to earn some money to play with too. But for some reason BitcoinPyramid is not exciting for me anymore. I am keeping the pyramid alive mainly because it is my obligation towards its members (and I plan to continue doing it as long as possible of course).
Dear members, thank you for your trust and support! BitcoinPyramid has been built from your money & your referrals, so I'd like to hear your voice.
What do we do next: 1) just leave it as is, or 2) try to find some man or group who will take it over, or 3) try to sell it and distribute money among all the members in proportion to their bitcoin contribution?
If there are some trusted & respectable members, who are interested/enthusiastic about improving the pyramid and are ready to take over the project, I would gladly delegate the project to them.