There are many things that can be done to improve the pyramid, some of them were mentioned earlier in this thread, some of them are trivial to do. The Pyramid is still in Beta and rules are a subject to change
, that gives some flexibility.
I am pretty sure it is possible to get more traction for this project. The problem is I am not sure I want this to happen.
So I am thinking about selling the project (domain name, source codes, database dump, bitcoin keys if needed) to somebody who wants it and to distribute the money to the pyramid members.
Here is how it could be done:
1. create an auction for Y days with start price X btc, wait for auction to complete and for winner to pay bitcoins
2. process the database and calculate the USD value of each member's deposit (using the historical average BTCUSD price for the day of deposit)
3. distribute bitcoins received from an auction winner to withdrawal addresses of pyramid members with respect to USD value they deposited
4. decrease withdrawal threshold from 0.021 btc to 0.00021 btc to trigger payouts of unspent balances
5. pass the domain name, source code, database dump and bitcoin addresses to the auction winner
Do you think it is a good plan?
What are the good values for X and Y?
Should there be any additional conditions for the auction? (e. g. should the auction participants promise to keep the service alive, to preserve the userbase, to preserve the pyramid ads, etc?)