Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 04:12:03 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Market Cap, Circulating Supply, Total Supply or Trading Volume?  (Read 123 times)
Doctor.Strange (OP)

Activity: 728
Merit: 250

Go Big or Go Home

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 09:09:57 AM

What is the most important factor to check when buying a coin for long term,

Market Cap, Circulating Supply, Total Supply or Trading Volume?

Because most of the coins are pumped, price is high but their trading volume is zero.
cryptorTUX

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 09:13:31 AM

I mostly look at market cap then volume then supply. I know market cap is not accurate way bit at least it gives you the bigger picture of what the all coins are worth based on last trade. Volume os good because if you have lower volume it is easier to manipulate the prices and also if you wanted to buy bunch of coins you will probably create a pump, if we talk at really low volume coins.
parekoy

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

HEALTHCARE BEYOND BARRIERS

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2018, 09:15:06 AM

Because most of the coins are pumped, price is high but their trading volume is zero.

For me they're all considered as the main criteria for investing Altcoins either short-term and long-term because there's nothing more secure and safe investments if you're going to just invest into random and new Altcoins that promises that they're promising and more chance to become the next Top Altcoins.
Trading Volume is the most important criteria of them all that you mentioned above. It proves that the coin is worth of more investments and investors.

skylar

Activity: 434
Merit: 104

Esport Ecosystem

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 09:21:05 AM

IMO dailly trading volume are the most important thing before I decided to buy coin or token. for me the higher trading volume make me feel comfort to make an investment, off course when dailly trading are higher then the marketcap will be growth. Honestly I dont really care about the circulating supply and total supply.
liangweicha

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 09:22:49 AM

I think the two most important factors are market capitalization and volume.
Because the market value of a project determines how much room it still has, and if there is no volume, then the big increase is useless, because it cannot be sold at all.

Andrey123

Activity: 1750
Merit: 305

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 09:40:23 AM

It is important that the coin is traded on many exchanges.

Sometimes it was specially created exchanges, where only certain coins were traded, and then the stock exchange creators left together with other people's money.

Hello! Voluntary donations that will go towards the development of my coin.
34bwEhH3GMx6swYXt2NBfFbYGkdTcaWtXz....BTC

Meraki

Activity: 448
Merit: 110

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 10:00:00 AM

That criteria are the main factors in considering in investing to a coin because with that you will the if the coin is trusted and have potential or not. But i were to pick one id choose Volume because you will know if the coin is circulating or no, you will know when the coin is being purchased or dumped. So volume
Phil_Bardsley

Activity: 40
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 10:01:32 AM

The team and whitepaper.
ðºÞæ

Activity: 1176
Merit: 297

Bitcoin © Maximalist

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 10:23:29 AM

Market Cap is totally useless piece of crap with provable wrong information.
The likes  of Auroracoin, Neutron, Marinecoin........where once considered top 10 and or top 3 coin by marketcap. Your "investment" would be gone.
Cardano started with a Marked Cap of half a Billion, yeh sure.
By the press of a button Ripples XRP increased the marketcap  on 26 th of August 2014 by $ 100 000 000  from $40,373,290,506 to $140,373,290,506 with no volume, pure magic.

"The existing Visa credit card network processes about 15 million Internet purchases per day worldwide. Bitcoin can already scale much larger than that with existing hardware for a fraction of the cost. It never really hits a scale ceiling."  Satoshi Nakamoto, April 2009          Avoiding taxes is totally legal if you consider and respect the law.
cryptocue

Activity: 252
Merit: 13

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 12:14:41 PM

Neither of the choices,there are a lot of important things to be consider before buying any of these coins like product/services that this coin has to offer,the founder and developers capability,the roadmap and the whitepaper and most imporantly partnership of the product.Your references are morelikely a technical analysis learn about some basic tading strategy first before you invest to any coin.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: