Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 02:36:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How do I earn Merit?  (Read 562 times)
twingall1 (OP)

Activity: 294
Merit: 4

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 09:18:36 AM

Any tips on how to earn Merit? Is it P2P based or is it more systematic than that?

Thx
as_Mieszko

Activity: 104
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 09:41:42 AM

Other users are rewarded you for valuable and substantive posts.
They can give you as many merit as they want, but each user has a limited number of merits to give away (except source merits)
All you need to know is here : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2818350.0

lebamt

Activity: 111
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 09:46:36 AM
Last edit: February 13, 2018, 10:08:48 AM by lebamt

To be honest, I dont really understand all of your ideas in the OP. However, I give you some basic information about merit system and older topics on the same issue (that mean you don't need to create to topic like this, instead, you should search old topics and get available answers).
What is merit? How merit system works? https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2818350.0
And please don't abuse merit system like those ones https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2823221.0

Remember that only good/ high quality, and constructive posts will have chance to receive merit points. Sometimes, not always, that depends on your luckiness. Nevertheless, keep writing high quality threads, you will get merits for sure some days in the future.
breadginger56

Activity: 82
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 09:49:12 AM

You can earn merits by giving a good post/contribution that really help the one who needs it or some people here might give you merits as a token of appreciation and these merits is limited as I have read about merits and its purpose, specific moderators per board as well also give merits. By the way you can't just convince anyone to give you merits as it is considering as begging and may lead to ban your account.
bicoin110

Activity: 56
Merit: 8

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 01:26:53 PM

only publish original content with ur writing posts and do not post spam post, then you will recieve merits from other great members

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   NTOK   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
GLOBAL DECENTRALIZED ECOSYSTEM FOR CONTINUING EDUCATION (https://ntok.io)
Verdao

Activity: 34

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 01:35:22 PM

Is the merit given by any user?
Markyway88

Activity: 137

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 01:51:03 PM

Yes, merit is rewarded by any member who satisfied to the post. Most of the topic that are merited are those who have quality post and needed in the forum/cryptocurrency.
Alexander_Z

Activity: 114
Merit: 26

Z

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 02:37:35 PM

Yes, merit is rewarded by any member who satisfied to the post. Most of the topic that are merited are those who have quality post and needed in the forum/cryptocurrency.

There is one thing to elaborate, however: merit can be given only by one who has sMerits (spendable), and they are scarce. 1 received merit also gives one 0.5 sMerits (2 merits give 1 sMerit which becomes spendable, fractional amounts cannot be sent). So not all good posts are guaranteed to receive merits.
Markyway88

Activity: 137

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 03:00:15 PM

There is one thing to elaborate, however: merit can be given only by one who has sMerits (spendable), and they are scarce. 1 received merit also gives one 0.5 sMerits (2 merits give 1 sMerit which becomes spendable, fractional amounts cannot be sent). So not all good posts are guaranteed to receive merits.
Yes, it is made in order to prevent abusive of the people in the current system. We cannot share every merits we have because it is scarce and we cannot receive easily if our topics is not appropriate nor have the quality post.
condura150

Activity: 244
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 03:09:45 PM

Any tips on how to earn Merit? Is it P2P based or is it more systematic than that?

Thx

You basically earn Merit through other people giving you Merit, if people see your posts as helpful or informative people can give/send you Merits. You could also send "sMerit" to people who's post you find helpful to you in a way. Know that keeping your sMerit to yourself does not profit you in anyway so it's better to give/send it to other people.
sharifbd

Activity: 28

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 03:28:39 PM

Thx
You need to post high quality content that really help people.If your post can satisfy, Forum member send you merit.So try to post high quality content to get merit.
Beganvk

Activity: 60
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 03:33:57 PM

Thx

To earn merit you must be active in the forum.
You need to post high quality content that help people.

* Denarius: Ancient Money for a New World *
- Bitcoin Talk -  (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1967207.0)
Thirio

Activity: 350
Merit: 47

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 11:19:11 PM

These are the things you need to do.

1. Pick a topic
2. Research about the topic(if you don't have any knowledge) or just pick something that you know
3. Answer the topic

:what? This is what i'm doing but why am i not getting some?

The key to these are:
1. Try to pick new one's
2. Research research and research. To save time next time if you want to post again.
3. Answer in a way everyone would understand and don't plagiarize.

beggo

Activity: 61
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 11:50:41 PM
Merited by techo (1)

I don't like merit. Nobody gives them out. I can write good posts or threads and I never receive any merit. Everyone should at least start out with some to begin with rather than to beg for merit in my opinion

DeepOnion ⚡ Anonymous & Untraceable Cryptocurrency
⚡ Join DeepOnion Airdrop NOW! ⚡ (https://deeponion.org/apply.php?ref=1722154)
atrocityx

Activity: 336
Merit: 71

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 05:08:15 AM

Thx

As someone who has just started and facing the same uphill battle..

1) You want to give answers as thoroughly as possible, using very plain English, in a way that's easy to follow and isn't condescending..
2) Put thought and care into your responses.. make sure you quote who you are speaking to and answer the question to the best of your ability.
3) Don't just spam posts.. post on things only that you are knowledgeable about through experience or by trade, and avoid posting fluff posts.. this will not work.
4) Set goals and be reasonable... 1 merit per day is very reachable..I've been posting for 3 days and have gained 3 merit.. so I'm just taking it out piece by piece.
5) Know the system is an uphill battle but will work for you in the longrun.. the content that you read will be more worthwhile with less spam and fluff accounts.. which will lead to the bounties/banners and other perks to have less people bloating them lowering their value.

Good luck to all who read this, we'll all make it eventually Cheesy
shyreenjao27

Activity: 532
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 05:19:19 AM

You can earn merits by giving a good post/contribution that really help the one who needs it or some people here might give you merits as a token of appreciation and these merits is limited as I have read about merits and its purpose, specific moderators per board as well also give merits. By the way you can't just convince anyone to give you merits as it is considering as begging and may lead to ban your account.
thanks for summarizing it to us.you all give us the important tips of how to earn merits and avoid getting banned in the community.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord   ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
btcsmlcmnr159

Activity: 148

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 05:23:26 AM

I don't like merit. Nobody gives them out. I can write good posts or threads and I never receive any merit. Everyone should at least start out with some to begin with rather than to beg for merit in my opinion
There are specific cases that you can learn from them. Please read those ones:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2928446.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2932053.0
reynand

Activity: 143

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 06:10:49 AM

You deserve merit when you make topic or comment that gives benefit, constructive and contribute to the forum. There is link above that have been share by other member. Do not feel hopeless when you don't receive merit when you feel that you have make a high quality post. Keep trying and someday you will get them.
Woterry

Activity: 168
Merit: 16

“Revolutionizing Brokerage of Personal Data”

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 06:54:02 AM

Thx

It’s a very simple system for merits. It’s just a reward system. You can those from the high ranking members here in bitcointalk. All you need is be helpful and knowledgeable as possible in order for them to reward you as they were able to gain something from your post or simply like your post. High ranking members have SMerits. Those are merits for rewards. I think those SMerits are not counted as their own merits, instead that’s for rewarding members who needs merits that are deserving. The only question I have to is how they earn SMerits.

nhanmt

Activity: 79

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 08:25:13 AM

Keep posting constructive, high quality, helpful threads, which can help others (almost newcomers solve their problems or simply give them hints); then higher ranked users will (part of them) send you Merits as rewards. After receiving merits, your account will have both merits and sMerita, which you can send to others when you ranked up to at least Member rank. As I know, you will have 5 sMerits at the first point being Member.
Good luck.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: