Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 11:05:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Fastest USB miner in the world. 2.5 gh/s  (Read 10520 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Beastlymac (OP)

Activity: 630
Merit: 501

Miner Setup And Reviews. WASP Rep.

View Profile
September 14, 2013, 12:53:48 PM

looks like a nice product, but i guess a review would do your product well (also in tems of sales).

I'ld be glad to review a free demo unit for you and if it's actually good, i can write up a seperate article for cryptocoinsnews aswell (ive had several of my articles published there).

Just PM me should you be interested Smiley

Since you apparently have no website, no information, no one posted on here who has ordered & received a unit....You aren't very credible i'm afraid.

Saying you've sold 150+ is all fine & dandy, but if no one verified it's a legit product, your sales here will go nowhere i'm afraid.

I'm offering you a legit chance to do a review of your product & help boost your sales. Just consider it, if you aren't up for it, good luck with your product Smiley
No. We have sold almost all our current stock. We have also posted video proof. If you would like to pay for a device and review it that is fine but we can just go around handing stuff out for free. If you where a dev for cgminer or bfgminer then sure but you are not. Sorry.
The video is here. (Also in the first post)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dB3U7iyiauk
In a few days you can ask the cgminer dev Ckolivas if we have a legit product. If hd video is not enough for you.

Message me if you have any problems
monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2013, 01:14:12 PM

How much power does these use?

Also my calculation says you can mine 0.0145 a day with these , which comes down to 144 days of ROI without electricity and no difficulty raise. Usb erupters was not a favor of consumers just because it was pricey and I think these are as well , yes some people who wants to buy it just for the fun of it will but for economic investment , these still dont look correct prices. More like 1.45 would be a better candidate and anything less than 1 bitcoin for these would mean BUY NOW alert Cheesy

Pricing is set we can't change it. Bitfury chips are expensive to purchase.
These units run at
2.5 watts and 500mA.
Chips for these units where purchased at $130. 2.1BTC is the price and that is how it has to stay. Sorry but we can hand these out at a loss.

Any defects?  Any problems with this USB at the moment?
Beastlymac (OP)

View Profile
September 14, 2013, 01:17:40 PM

How much power does these use?

Also my calculation says you can mine 0.0145 a day with these , which comes down to 144 days of ROI without electricity and no difficulty raise. Usb erupters was not a favor of consumers just because it was pricey and I think these are as well , yes some people who wants to buy it just for the fun of it will but for economic investment , these still dont look correct prices. More like 1.45 would be a better candidate and anything less than 1 bitcoin for these would mean BUY NOW alert Cheesy

Pricing is set we can't change it. Bitfury chips are expensive to purchase.
These units run at
2.5 watts and 500mA.
Chips for these units where purchased at $130. 2.1BTC is the price and that is how it has to stay. Sorry but we can hand these out at a loss.

Any defects?  Any problems with this USB at the moment?
We have had a couple bad chips etc. but we test every unit before we send so you are guaranteed to get the 2.5 ghs hash rate we advertise.

Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 14, 2013, 01:57:01 PM

are you shipping from South-East Asia too?

and do you know if they work out of the box with MinePeon/cgminer? which version of cgminer is necessary?
It works with bfgminer. We are working with cgminer devs. After the cgminer comparability is added and it is released I would assume minepeon will incorporate the update (as it does with all cgminer and bfgminer updates)
Yes shipping is from Indonesia.

We hope to be sending a miner to Ckolivas Tuesday or Wednesday next week so he can work on the CGminer.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
spoid

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

bearded, drunk, fat, naked

View Profile
September 14, 2013, 02:06:55 PM

Hello, I think the far lower power cost than block erupters also makes them attractive as a novelty item in countries where electricity actually costs money.

I was thinking about buying one, but I heard somewhere that I need those exact same 19-slot-Hubs (which I can only find on chinese websites where I have to inquire for the price) to run them. Is that correct? I cannot simply plug them into my notebook directly or into the anker hub next to my block erupters? that would defeat the purpose of an USB miner stick so I hope it's wrong information.

I know this is a sales hread but I read through the whole information thread and found no definitive information - and I think buyers would want to know Cheesy

with great beard comes great liver. Reputation Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=195803.0
Stinky_Pete

Activity: 560

View Profile
September 14, 2013, 07:51:08 PM

Hello, I think the far lower power cost than block erupters also makes them attractive as a novelty item in countries where electricity actually costs money.

I was thinking about buying one, but I heard somewhere that I need those exact same 19-slot-Hubs (which I can only find on chinese websites where I have to inquire for the price) to run them. Is that correct? I cannot simply plug them into my notebook directly or into the anker hub next to my block erupters? that would defeat the purpose of an USB miner stick so I hope it's wrong information.

I know this is a sales hread but I read through the whole information thread and found no definitive information - and I think buyers would want to know Cheesy

Post #3 "These units run at 2.5 watts and 500mA." So you need a powered USB hub with sufficient power. The Block Erupters use 250mA, so you could take two out of your Anker hub and put in one of these. You may be able to power more - look at the specs for your Anker hub.

bobsag3

Activity: 546

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
September 14, 2013, 08:20:51 PM

If anyone would want, Im thinking actually of organizing a GB for 100+ of the really nice metal powered hubs. Can get them direct from manufacturer for much cheaper than 1 at a time.
ct1aic

Activity: 714

Are ฿itcoins Radioactive?

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2013, 08:54:34 PM

Post #3 "These units run at 2.5 watts and 500mA." So you need a powered USB hub with sufficient power. The Block Erupters use 250mA, so you could take two out of your Anker hub and put in one of these. You may be able to power more - look at the specs for your Anker hub.
Each USB Block Erupter needs 510mA, not 250mA.

Quote from: yxt
Hashrate:  ~330MH/s
Power consuption: ~510mA --> ~2,5W
Mining Protocol: Icarus
A LED which blinks when a share is found
heat-sink front-case

Rui Costa, PortugalBTC : 1ct1aicGoUVpZeovsw3cCcPJZJHV5JXtW
Stinky_Pete

View Profile
September 14, 2013, 09:01:03 PM

Each USB Block Erupter needs 510mA, not 250mA.

Quote from: yxt
Hashrate:  ~330MH/s
Power consuption: ~510mA --> ~2,5W
Mining Protocol: Icarus
A LED which blinks when a share is found
heat-sink front-case

OK, my mistake, misremembered. Good news for spoid  Smiley

dulinxu

Activity: 358
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 14, 2013, 11:01:48 PM

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked   

TERRA - Bring profits to support community, starting from cross-border payment ❘|❘ ICO ❘|❘ DISCUSSION
tool_462

Merit: 507

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 12:03:19 AM

Just to confirm:

This will run off my motherboard mounted USB slot yes?  (USB 3.0, not sure if the mA output is higher or not)

Edit:  Just measured, 888mA from my Asus Maximus V Gene 3.0 port.  734mA from front panel port.

Beastlymac (OP)

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 12:40:11 AM

These can actually be run straight from a powered port on any laptop. But a hub is recommended. Any hub that is capable of running at 500mA can run these. I am working with a dlink hub so a orico hub should work fine.

Beastlymac (OP)

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 12:41:35 AM

Just to confirm:

This will run off my motherboard mounted USB slot yes?  (USB 3.0, not sure if the mA output is higher or not)

Edit:  Just measured, 888mA from my Asus Maximus V Gene 3.0 port.  734mA from front panel port.
Yes it should run just fine.

Bicknellski

Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 02:22:55 AM

are you shipping from South-East Asia too?

and do you know if they work out of the box with MinePeon/cgminer? which version of cgminer is necessary?
It works with bfgminer. We are working with cgminer devs. After the cgminer comparability is added and it is released I would assume minepeon will incorporate the update (as it does with all cgminer and bfgminer updates)
Yes shipping is from Indonesia.

We will have a unit in Ckolivas hands by next week so we hope that will help get CGMiner support.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
driksson

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 08:09:11 AM

If anyone would want, Im thinking actually of organizing a GB for 100+ of the really nice metal powered hubs. Can get them direct from manufacturer for much cheaper than 1 at a time.

i checked already.. the amazon uk price (anker), you can get a bit lower, but not at 100 orders.. wont be even 5% for you and buyers would get same price as amazon.
Beastlymac (OP)

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 08:25:40 AM

i checked already.. the amazon uk price (anker), you can get a bit lower, but not at 100 orders.. wont be even 5% for you and buyers would get same price as amazon.
He is talking about the hubs posted in the picture. They are also not anker hubs.

vm1990
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 12:10:23 PM

why do people from the UK look at Anker 10 port hubs you can get a dlink 7port for £18.90 shipped....

Beastlymac (OP)

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 12:56:57 PM

why do people from the UK look at Anker 10 port hubs you can get a dlink 7port for £18.90 shipped....
Yes I got my dlink hub off amazon uk. Great product.

spoid

Activity: 532

bearded, drunk, fat, naked

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 03:40:26 PM

http://www.amazon.co.uk/D-Link-DUB-H7-Port-USB-External/dp/B0002AFZVM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1379259424&sr=8-1&keywords=dlink+hub+7

but that's only 5 ports, so while you are correct we would save some money over the anker hub, it's only around 8-10%. And when buying lots of block erupters you will have far less cable clutter and "hubs in hubs in hubs in hubs" with the ankers.

with great beard comes great liver. Reputation Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=195803.0
Stinky_Pete

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 07:46:28 PM

Beats me. I've got three of the Tecknet/Orico 10 port hubs which were abt £30 when I got them, but have climbed a bit since then. They will support 10 AsicMiner USB sticks. Good build quality and the blue LEDs for active ports are useful when problems crop up. The D-Link 7-port hubs only support 6 USB sticks but you can use the 7th port for daisy chaining. They are lighter and tend to shift gradually so tend to be a bit messier.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: