Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:41:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Looks like the 13.5 bid wall is holding up. But for how long?  (Read 4928 times)
proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
July 17, 2011, 09:35:27 AM

I see blood all over the charts...this could knock down the $12 wall...

What, you don't see all the bull flags?  Roll Eyes

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Oldminer
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 17, 2011, 09:38:39 AM

What, you don't see all the bull flags?  Roll Eyes

All I see is a bull asking to be put down lol

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
Tip me BTC: 1FBmoYijXVizfYk25CpiN8Eds9J6YiRDaX
Oldminer
Legendary

View Profile
July 17, 2011, 09:58:33 AM

I think we might be going to $12..

How nice would it be picking up BTC's for $12..lol...happy days  Grin

Depends on whether they ever go above $12 again after that.

I still see $50 in the next month or 2. Its still early days...

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
July 17, 2011, 10:11:16 AM

We'll see.  My guess is still that we won't see anything above $20 for the rest of the year.

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
YoYa

Activity: 809
Merit: 501

Always verify deals with me through my public key!

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2011, 10:25:39 AM

We'll see.  My guess is still that we won't see anything above $20 for the rest of the year.

To hazard a guess, I'd say we'll see the future before the year is out...... Wink

Or failing that, we might see December.
being

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 17, 2011, 10:35:20 AM

Remember, every day miners generate about $100,000 in BTC at current prices, and some (most?) of that is sold. To keep the price up, somebody has to put about $100,000 of new money into the system each day. If new money slows down, we should see what we're seeing - a slow, steady price erosion.
I think this is a really good point. Even if 50% of the miners were holding on to the coins, it would be hard to see 50k put into bitcoin each day...  I just don't see it happening.
And no, buying mining equipment has no relation to this.
grod

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 17, 2011, 03:26:49 PM

It looks more like there's a fixed amount of cash available to the buy side over the weekend, and that cash supply is slowly being used up as routine liquidation of Bitcoins take place. This slowly drives the price down. There's little sign of manipulation.

People have been selling for weeks and considering the volumes are much larger than 7200 a day it's not just us miners.  There's plenty of cash available, it's just not ready to go back in.  New deposits have little to do with it. 

Now, if the price drops to $11 and you still don't see buyers lining up you may have a point.  I'm sure I'm not the only one waiting for either a resistance level to hold or a clear up trend to manifest before I start building a long BTC position.
Nagle
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2011, 03:50:53 PM

Remember, every day miners generate about $100,000 in BTC at current prices, and some (most?) of that is sold. To keep the price up, somebody has to put about $100,000 of new money into the system each day. If new money slows down, we should see what we're seeing - a slow, steady price erosion.
I think this is a really good point. Even if 50% of the miners were holding on to the coins, it would be hard to see 50k put into bitcoin each day...  I just don't see it happening.

The market's weekend behavior is instructive. You can't wire-transfer funds into Mt. Gox on a weekend, but trading continues. Each weekend, we see the buy side slowly depleted, and the price drops about $0.50 to $1. That's an indication that a steady inflow of funds is needed to prop up the price.
evolve

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

daytrader/superhero

View Profile
July 17, 2011, 08:20:23 PM

sold off all positions on thurs....buying in low on the weekend...im half in right now @13....waiting for @12 to buy in the rest of the way (with a small hedge @10 just in case)

i love the weekend. Smiley
Edward50 (OP)

Activity: 602

View Profile
July 18, 2011, 12:52:19 AM

Looks like the  bitcoin value protectors put up a wall about $13 at over 5,000 bitcoins, but that is down to 2,800. They tried to shore up their defenses with some bidwalls in the 13.30's but that was taken out pretty quickly.
They are losing the battle with the inevitable fall into the 12's. I guess they know that if the value falls into the $12's and stays down there for any length of time it will be a losing battle from that point on.

I think in the $12's its going to be a tough battle at that point to fall into the $11's. You will have many new speculators coming in around that point thinking that bitcoin will go back up. Eventually it will fall to a more stable rate, but may take some days.

Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup; You put water into a bottle it becomes the bottle; You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.
kiwiasian

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 18, 2011, 04:42:36 AM

If you want to see $50 then start pushing the price up. Why try for $12?

Tradehill referral link, save 10% | http://www.tradehill.com/?r=TH-R12328
www.payb.tc/kiwiasian | 1LHNW1JGMBo2e7rKiiFz7KJPKE57bqCdEC
Grinder
Legendary

Activity: 1284

View Profile
July 18, 2011, 09:40:48 AM

I think in the $12's its going to be a tough battle at that point to fall into the $11's. You will have many new speculators coming in around that point thinking that bitcoin will go back up. Eventually it will fall to a more stable rate, but may take some days.
If the buyers actually see this as a battle to keep the price as high as possible they're just stupid. Obviously the buyers should want the price to be as low as possible. If they're buying at 13, it should be because they think that's the lowest price they can get all the coins they want without being outbidden. Paying more than they have to will only make them run out of money faster, and then the price will crash.
Oldminer
Legendary

View Profile
July 18, 2011, 10:23:21 AM

If you want to see $50 then start pushing the price up. Why try for $12?

I'm not trying for $12 - I'm simply going with the trend. I'd suggest you do the same unless you want to lose money lol

steelhunter

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 18, 2011, 11:29:10 AM

I'm not trying for $12 - I'm simply going with the trend. I'd suggest you do the same unless you want to lose money lol
3 "A":
And now tell me, who is determining the trend?
As for now, i only see forum full of FUD with the downtrend. Hate such manipulation attemps,they are sick.
Also I don't see the bearish trend right now. It's simple sideways. If spreading FUD wouldn't stop on the forum, yes, strong bears are coming, but have your ever thought that in price of profitability we are endangering weak Bitcoin economy - it might even crash under the big bear.It need uptrend support now.
PS: this wasn't adressed particularly to you, take it easy Smiley my thoughts only
Edward50 (OP)

Activity: 602

View Profile
August 01, 2011, 11:42:03 PM

Looks like the $13.5 barrier is finally not able to hold anymore for a 2nd time. I must admit it fought well and I was thinking it won for a while as the price pushed into the 14's and stagnated around high $13's. However, the battle for the single digits is hardly over.

If the price manipulators (a few people who putting up big walls and buying so the price will not drop) can't hold it from falling into the $11 dollar range this will be a clear victory for the bears and the price should push into the single digits.

I believe that the price manipulators will throw every last dollar they can in the $12 dollar range, so it will take a bit before they give and let the price fall into the $11's. It will be a long battle.

I think they will lose in the end and bitcoins will be cheap enough for everyone to own and make it reasonable to finally invest in it long term for people who came in late and want to own it as an investment.     

Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup; You put water into a bottle it becomes the bottle; You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.
piramida
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010

Borsche

View Profile
August 02, 2011, 09:43:27 AM

well, I'm bearish after the unsuccessfull rally attempt, in cash from about 14 going down. I will rebuy at 11, really doubt that 10 will be broken, and general consensus is to start buying at 10-12, so that's where the turnaround will happen.

i am satoshi
Cluster2k
Legendary

Activity: 1692
Merit: 1018

View Profile
August 02, 2011, 09:51:31 AM

$13.50 bid wall holding up, but for how long?

"Mr Gorbachev, tear down this wall!"

Well under $13 is where the action is at the moment.  Either way, I only care that the price moves.  Up or down, it doesn't matter.  It just has to keep moving.
sharky112065

Activity: 383
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 02, 2011, 11:48:54 AM

The price is going to go way down. There are more coin's being mined than coins being bought on exchanges. With difficulty increases and the price of BTC so low, miners are expanding their rigs to compensate which compounds the problem even further. Add to that the bad press lately and it gets even worse.

Even if businesses accept BTC, they are faced with the problem of selling a product in the morning for a set amount of BTC only to find out  later in the day that it went down 50 cents to a dollar or more in value.

So IMO Bitcoin will continue to make people (read miners) a profit for several more months then will die out. Hopefully I am wrong.

So on the investing side, investors should also see this trend and realize it will never go higher than 15 ever again.

Donations welcome: 12KaKtrK52iQjPdtsJq7fJ7smC32tXWbWr
piramida
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010

Borsche

View Profile
August 02, 2011, 12:41:14 PM

I so adore those "never again" idiocies, are there children speculating bitcoins now? Smiley Look, the price may go down to zero or it may go up to a million, and saying "it will never again move to 15$" makes you look like a fool now, and will be even more so when the price is above 30.

i am satoshi
sharky112065

Activity: 383
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 02, 2011, 12:47:10 PM

I so adore those "never again" idiocies, are there children speculating bitcoins now? Smiley Look, the price may go down to zero or it may go up to a million, and saying "it will never again move to 15$" makes you look like a fool now, and will be even more so when the price is above 30.

Well, I hope you are right and that I am wrong. Time will tell.

Donations welcome: 12KaKtrK52iQjPdtsJq7fJ7smC32tXWbWr
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: