Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 06:38:49 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I Highly Suggest You Do NOT Use Cryptopia  (Read 679 times)
MV7 (OP)

Activity: 322
Merit: 107

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 01:44:53 PM

Cryptopia has been having a ton of issues lately, particularly with withdrawals. I tried withdrawing about 0.15 btc a few days ago, only for the dreaded "withdrawal processing" to come up on my account for about a day. I wondered why this was, since all of the other exchanges I use (bittrex, binance, kucoin) process withdrawals fairly quickly. Apparently I was not the only having issues.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Cryptopia/

I went on the reddit page and read multiple horror stories of how people haven't been able to withdraw their funds for weeks. I guess I was lucky to be able to withdraw after about a day. I've heard that they've also been having issues with their banking relationships.

It really scared me when I realized that my funds, might be stuck on the exchange for a long time, like it happened to many other people. I will never be using the exchange again. I highly advise others to not use Cryptopia either.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
Lovecove

Activity: 161
Merit: 38

(Thank you for all the merit =) ) ~Lovecove!

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 01:56:57 PM

Cryptopia is not in a good place right now. I'd imagine they're having an overwhelming amount of new issues because, as you may know, their fiat funding just got cut.

Their main bank took them off suddenly. And Cryptopia had to scramble to make the announcement and give off some discounts in trading.

But yeah so they're suddenly getting used to crypto only, and their funding isn't there... so they're dealing with mass amounts of panic and withdrawals because people can't withdraw in fiat anymore.

I'm pretty sure they didn't have enough crypto to cover all the sudden crypto withdrawals en masse.

So it's basically a critical time. I'm glad I left cryptopia before the banking emergency came about. But I still have a little PBL there unfortunately.

Visit now if you're interested in buying these domains: EtherMining.org, CryptoMovement.org, Bitcoiner.Co
nndep3m

Activity: 140
Merit: 13

First Payment Gateway using GoldBacked cryptocurre

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 01:57:52 PM

You're right that there have been some serious issues with cryptopia lately, but at the end of the day they are a NZ registered organization so the liklihood of an exit scam is low.. unless the owner wants to fly off and retire in Thailand.

mundang

Activity: 1008
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 02:04:56 PM

Is there any problem with cryptopia right now? Ive made a trade last month and it went fine. I dont know if they are having issues this week
JanpriX

Activity: 1708
Merit: 606

Buy The F*cking Dip

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 02:14:07 PM

Thanks man for the heads up. I have an account with them and used them few weeks ago without any problem but I guess I'm also quite lucky like you. I'd stay away from them for the time being until they resolve these issues. An article regarding their different wallets not being updated has been published in some website (let me check the link for it) and it appears that they are also unable to provide support in their wallets (regarding important updates). This is quite alarming and they should address this appropriately and accordingly.
lx001

Activity: 1134
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 02:14:17 PM

I've been using Cryptopia recently and there were no problems. Huh I remember their support was quite fast too. I did have the same problem with HitBTC, I've been waiting for around 2 weeks for my deposit to arrive, also they've charged me a $50 deposit fee. Now I am checking twitter comments and topics here on the forum before making deposits to any exchange. All of them rob people all the time, support is useless, the future is behind decentralized exchanges anyway.
Ayamj

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 02:33:09 PM

my withdrawal took me two days to proccess
AshCoins

Activity: 336
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 03:07:17 PM

Strange.  I’ve had no issues with Topia and made a btc withdrawal just yesterday that took under an hour. 
mhrascan

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 03:16:56 PM

What's with the exchange problems lately - first Bitgrail, then people report problems with HitBTC, now Cryptopia - who's next?
swissgang

Activity: 462

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2018, 03:55:56 PM

I totally agree with you, this is why I stopped using cryptopia and holding my coins there, once this exchange also get hacked, it will be done. There are lots of good alternatives.

RoftheN

Activity: 546

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 04:12:39 PM

Yes, they are having withdrawal and deposit issue from months and they don't seem to fix it.
Sosolean

Activity: 60

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 04:21:16 PM

Haven’t noticed any issues so far, need to look bit more carefully and maybe move coins off exchange
beebee187

Activity: 256

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 04:30:13 PM

I hope they can move forward and resolve any issues they might be facing. I definitely like cryptopia, and have been using it for some time now without any major issues.

Frank1987

Activity: 8

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 04:55:17 PM

Yeah Cryptopia is a mess.
thxminer

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 05:36:51 PM

I've also traded with Cryptopia in the past and I must say that it worked quite well and when I had to contact support they attended me quite fast. But as issues with centralized exchanges are starting to be common, lately I'm more intro decentralized ones, like bisq; the only drawback is that you've got to let their app open for transactions to take place, but that's a fair price to pay for decentralization.

★ PRiVCY ➢ Own Your Privacy! ➢ Best privacy crypto-market! ★
✈✈✈[PoW/PoS]✅[Tor]✅[Airdrop]✈✈✈ (https://privcy.io/)
wuclx

Activity: 447
Merit: 153

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 05:43:32 PM

I didn't hear anything particularly bad about Cryptopia and at least their in a developed country with proper laws.
Nevertheless since I'm currently not trading, I withdrew all of my coins to private wallets, since no exchange can be assumed to be secure.
Dadaka

Activity: 10

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 06:03:39 PM

This can happen with any exchange. You just did not get lucky.
mhrascan

Activity: 18

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 06:03:57 PM

I didn't hear anything particularly bad about Cryptopia and at least their in a developed country with proper laws.
Nevertheless since I'm currently not trading, I withdrew all of my coins to private wallets, since no exchange can be assumed to be secure.

I also had no problem with withdrawals in the last couple of weeks - but since i lost some nano on Bitgrail i feel it's better to be safe than sorry.
SCAR_8

Activity: 139
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 10:26:55 AM

I'm glad I don't have much on there right now. Like literally 2 Onions I believe. Sucks it used to be a pretty good exchange to use. I was gona send some btc there this week glad I seen this first. Back to bittrex I guess...

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion  ✔  Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency  ✔  TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️    ★    ✔ VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Dread Pirate Roberts

Activity: 1484
Merit: 326

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2018, 11:08:48 AM

totally aggree .
you put your 0.15 btc in there , thats a lot money bro . i only try withdraw $100 LTC . delay over 1 days and need confirmation e,t,c .
for get $3 im risking my $100 in there bit crazy but so far i got my LTC back in next day .  .
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: