Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:33:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: time to switch from ETH to ETC ?  (Read 266 times)
ezwinbitcoin (OP)

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 02:19:21 PM

Hello guys.

I can see today on whattomine.com that I should switch from ETH to ETC. The fact is that I really think that ETH will raise back for sure to a really good value end 2018.

And the point is that I am not sure that the ETC will raise really.

After I have started mining one month ago with a RIG that I built mining at 140 Mh/s for 520 Watts.

I also think that when ETH will change from POW to POS, every miner will switch to ETC and maybe the value will explode too. But I am not sure.

What do you guys think about it ?

Thank you
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bloody_T

Activity: 4

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 02:26:31 PM

I think whattomine.com isnt speculating about future prices.. and assumes you are cashing out weekly. If you have a firm belief that ethereum will go up; then keep mining it and just hold onto those coins. Alternatively, (depending on the profit margin with ETC) It might still be worth mining ETC and then converting it to ethereum at an exchange. Just note If your US there are new tax laws involving exchange of digital currencies.. that may eat away at those 'profits'
BrokenMiner

Activity: 37

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 02:42:49 PM

Hello guys.

I can see today on whattomine.com that I should switch from ETH to ETC. The fact is that I really think that ETH will raise back for sure to a really good value end 2018.

After I have started mining one month ago with a RIG that I built mining at 140 Mh/s for 520 Watts.

I also think that when ETH will change from POW to POS, every miner will switch to ETC and maybe the value will explode too. But I am not sure.

Thank you

I agree that ETC will probably take off once ETH goes PoS.  The question is when ETH will go PoS, it has been pushed back many times already.  Myself, I'm staying on ETH for now. 
Metroid

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 02:54:19 PM

Do not make that mistake, keep eth, etc is a dead coin.

BTC Address: 1DH4ok85VdFAe47fSVXNVctxkFhUv4ujbR
treanski

Activity: 364
Merit: 106

ONe Social Network.

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 02:57:43 PM

Do not make that mistake, keep eth, etc is a dead coin.

did you forget to take your xanax today?

ezwinbitcoin (OP)

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 03:01:24 PM

I have seen online that people said that ETC was a dead coin already a long time ago. I know that ETH is a sure value. I believe that it will raise back a lot.

Just I was thinking that the ETC will grow after.

That switch from POW to POS will happened end of the year I guess. There are conversation about it for a while already !!

Just that I think that I will mine ETH until it will be to hard to get coins then I will switch to ETC.
Scot_SJI

Activity: 7
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 03:11:30 PM

I have seen online that people said that ETC was a dead coin already a long time ago. I know that ETH is a sure value. I believe that it will raise back a lot.

Just I was thinking that the ETC will grow after.

That switch from POW to POS will happened end of the year I guess. There are conversation about it for a while already !!

Just that I think that I will mine ETH until it will be to hard to get coins then I will switch to ETC.

Like others said, if you are mining with the intent on hodling, then stick with ETH if you believe it will continue to go up. If you however are cashing out to fiat daily or weekly, then switch over. 10% bump isn't anything to complain about.
JungleOnion

Activity: 868
Merit: 279

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2018, 03:19:47 PM

Hello guys.

Thank you

I've been mining ETC and other dagger coins instead of ETH. For me, mining is not my main source of income, so I can play more flexible strategies like mining new coins where difficulty is very low and the rewards are very high and where the coin seems promising. I've been able to build significant positions in new coins that it wouldn't be possible with bigger coins such as ETH or ETC. I always keep a mix of both, profitability and the ability to hold a significant position in terms of total supply, specially when there's no liquidity. I've been mining ETC as my main coin due to technicals, its btc value needs to correct, and is currently correcting so I always plan ahead. What I mine this month, I plan cashing it out in two or 3 months, some holdings a year, 2 years, 10 years. Always plan short, mid and long term. I don't mine ETH anymore because I was able to buy enough in the beginning of last year. Just as new and promising coins this year, I'll be able to buy enough of them and create a position that maybe in one or 2 years I won't be able to build anymore.
ezwinbitcoin (OP)

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 03:31:17 PM

Hello guys.

Thank you

I've been mining ETC and other dagger coins instead of ETH. For me, mining is not my main source of income, so I can play more flexible strategies like mining new coins where difficulty is very low and the rewards are very high and where the coin seems promising. I've been able to build significant positions in new coins that it wouldn't be possible with bigger coins such as ETH or ETC. I always keep a mix of both, profitability and the ability to hold a significant position in terms of total supply, specially when there's no liquidity. I've been mining ETC as my main coin due to technicals, its btc value needs to correct, and is currently correcting so I always plan ahead. What I mine this month, I plan cashing it out in two or 3 months, some holdings a year, 2 years, 10 years. Always plan short, mid and long term. I don't mine ETH anymore because I was able to buy enough in the beginning of last year. Just as new and promising coins this year, I'll be able to buy enough of them and create a position that maybe in one or 2 years I won't be able to build anymore.

You seem to have a good knowledge in this. You get that a coin is good only from the whitepaper provided ?

Have you got a powerfull RIG / ASIC to mine ?

I will keep ETH for the moment I said until it will be to hard to mine for me. Because I have seen that the difficulty is skyrocketing now !
jillscarbrough

Activity: 588
Merit: 335

Steady State Finance

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 03:10:49 PM

If everyone (miners) think that profitable coins are the coin on the top in coin profitability web, it would be dropping the profitable of that coins itself.  Wink
choychifung

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 03:18:48 PM

Right.
Look at the whole hashrate of ETH!
That's the main reason to switch.

SafeKeet ICO: A new cryptocurrency for a Simple, Smart & Secure digital safe deposit box
—————— ■  ICO SALE FEBRUARY 1, 2018  ■ ——————
WhitepaperBitcointalk ANNTelegramTwitterFacebookLinkedIn
Baltior

Activity: 147
Merit: 11

OpenMind y amante de la tecnología Blockchain

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 03:29:39 PM

The problem of ETH could be the posible hardfork, but i think ETH will be the best coin to invert.

ANN 】 【Instagram 】【 Twitter】 【 Telegram 】【 Medium】 【 Reddit】 【 Facebook
◘ ◙ ▣ ◙ ◘ ◙ ▣ Now YOU Can Be The Bookmaker! ▣ ◙ ◘ ◙ ▣ ◙ ◘
juanichiloco

Activity: 236
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 03:50:22 PM

I'm sticking with Eth as I think it has the most potential in the long term and is stable.

If/When it goes to POS i'll start looking at alternatives but it's still currently the most profitable to mine on whattomine for my rig.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: