Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 05:04:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Problem of Non-Payment or Under-Payment in Bounty Work for ICOs  (Read 139 times)
Analyst101 (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 18

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 03:29:49 PM
Merited by mdayonliner (1)

So you probably spent few minutes or days doing bounty work for ICOs.

You might do it because you want some tokens in return or maybe you really support their project.

However, what's important is that we expect to get something in return for our time and effort. Indeed, most bounties have guidelines on what to do and how to get compensated.

However, how often do we actually get bounties?

Maybe it doesn't matter for those who did quick 2 minute sign-up through Telegram or Facebook, but for those who put a significant amount of time because they are doing weekly social media campaigns or translations (like I do), we will surely be mad when we don't get the compensation they promised.

If it was in the "real" world, we can go as far as suing them. And on websites like Upwork, there are many policies to protect freelancers. However, in this ICO world where sometimes we don't even know where or who are in the team, it's almost impossible to punish them for not paying for the labor. In fact, a lot of bounty boards say that the terms might change during the campaign so what can we do really do?

Then, is finding bounties for the reputable ICO the best strategy? While it sounds great, there's one big problem with this: what is a reputable ICO? There are many websites or resources that mislead us into believe certain ICOs are great. However, they might come out as complete failures or even scams. In addition, it's uncertain whether good ICOs always follow through their bounty promises. Being profitable and being ethical might be related but maybe it's not.

Thus, when I struggle to get paid for the translation I did, once again, I wonder what's the best way to fix it. What are your thoughts?
Mohamme

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 03:46:06 PM

Generally speaking, if the ICO project successfully completes the ICO crowd-funding, then they will pay the bounty that should be paid.
Choosing a good bounty manager is a great way to avoid this, and try to avoid those who are only JR members and members.

bulbolitobayagyag

Activity: 166
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 04:03:03 PM

So you probably spent few minutes or days doing bounty work for ICOs.

You might do it because you want some tokens in return or maybe you really support their project.

However, what's important is that we expect to get something in return for our time and effort. Indeed, most bounties have guidelines on what to do and how to get compensated.

However, how often do we actually get bounties?

Maybe it doesn't matter for those who did quick 2 minute sign-up through Telegram or Facebook, but for those who put a significant amount of time because they are doing weekly social media campaigns or translations (like I do), we will surely be mad when we don't get the compensation they promised.

If it was in the "real" world, we can go as far as suing them. And on websites like Upwork, there are many policies to protect freelancers. However, in this ICO world where sometimes we don't even know where or who are in the team, it's almost impossible to punish them for not paying for the labor. In fact, a lot of bounty boards say that the terms might change during the campaign so what can we do really do?

Then, is finding bounties for the reputable ICO the best strategy? While it sounds great, there's one big problem with this: what is a reputable ICO? There are many websites or resources that mislead us into believe certain ICOs are great. However, they might come out as complete failures or even scams. In addition, it's uncertain whether good ICOs always follow through their bounty promises. Being profitable and being ethical might be related but maybe it's not.

Thus, when I struggle to get paid for the translation I did, once again, I wonder what's the best way to fix it. What are your thoughts?
That is the downside of joining these bounties because if the ICOs didnt achieve success you might not be paid by these managers,that is why you need to carefully choose a good ICO/Bounty campaigns so you will have less chance of not getting paid for your efforts of advertising these ICOs choosing a reputable bounty manager will give more chance of getting paid.

MIDEX ● BLOCKCHAIN BASED FINANCIAL PLATFORM
▬ with Licensed Exchange approved by Swiss Bankers and Lawyers
# WEBANN + BountyTelegramFacebookTwitterBlog # GET TOKENS #
Analyst101 (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 18

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 06:34:14 AM

Generally speaking, if the ICO project successfully completes the ICO crowd-funding, then they will pay the bounty that should be paid.
Choosing a good bounty manager is a great way to avoid this, and try to avoid those who are only JR members and members.

I realized that there are some newbies posting ANN and etc. Is that normal?
mdayonliner
Copper Member

Activity: 630
Merit: 420

We are Bitcoin!

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 03:58:56 PM
Last edit: March 20, 2018, 04:11:02 PM by mdayonliner

~

Bounty really is a risky work without any prior guarantee. I suggest do bounty of an ICO when the manager is highly reputable in this forum with good track records who are not working as a bounty manager for the sake of money but for the community.

The advantage here is, when the highly reputable with good track record manager takes the project in his/her hand to market then he surely does his/her research. No doubt that he/she already gained some precise knowledge and techniques which is hard to figure for average/inexperience people.

PS: Good job on OP

Be happy be at peace. Looking forward to BTC at $1M
passivebesiege

Activity: 854
Merit: 502

CTO & Spokesman

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2018, 04:07:47 PM

I realized that there are some newbies posting ANN and etc. Is that normal?
No its not ok because we cant see images if only newbie will post it.  You need to be jr.member to see images.
Also i think the reason why thier posting it using newbie account ,because they dont want to reveal thier high rank member acct here. so what ever happens to the project the account will never be affected, or else they dont really have an account in this forum.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: