Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 02:47:09 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ethereum  (Read 161 times)
Beganvk (OP)

Activity: 60
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 03:47:47 PM

What is actually ethereum???
 and I'm wondering it is smart to invest in it???

* Denarius: Ancient Money for a New World *
- Bitcoin Talk -  (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1967207.0)
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2800
Merit: 3852

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 04:18:39 PM

Here are some sources that may help you decide:

What is Ethereum? https://www.coindesk.com/information/what-is-ethereum/
Ethereum white paper: https://github.com/ethereum/wiki/wiki/White-Paper

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Mi5h0

Activity: 560
Merit: 273

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 04:46:55 PM

You have to make that decision on your own research and assessment. Go do your homework. If you are not a professional in crypto investments, it's crucial to investigate and read as much information as possible and collect all the important aspects, positive and negative, before making an investment decision.
Rimcoin

Activity: 224
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 05:25:50 PM

The better moment to have invest in ethereum money is at his beginning. Now it is at new to wait for a crash of this money. It will be the better moment to invest.
Angel0

Activity: 112

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 05:43:59 PM

According to wekipedia:

Ethereum is an open-source, public, blockchain-based distributed computing platform and operating system featuring smart contract (scripting) functionality.[3] It supports a modified version of Nakamoto consensus via transaction based state transitions. Along with Bitcoin, Ethereum is considered to be one of the pioneer platforms in distributed ledger and blockchain technology.[by whom?] In popular discourse, the term Ethereum is often used interchangeably with Ether to refer to the cryptocurrency that is generated on the Ethereum platform.

And yes its good to invest with it, many ICOs accepting ETH as payment for their token.
monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2018, 07:02:29 PM

I wouldn't consider my ethereum an "investment" per say. I see it more so as an investment in a project, believe that it has potential.
Definitely, read their whitepaper before making any decisions.
Niya

Activity: 811
Merit: 512

Enhalo Mining

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2018, 07:50:26 PM

Well, Ethereum is a very complex ecosystem; you should understand at least its basic before investing. Do not invest just because Ethereum is "hot"!

Also, you need to consider in 2016 Ethereum chain forked and now there are two different coins based on two different network: ETC (the original one) and ETH (the one which came out from the fork).
Byatt

Activity: 105
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 08:39:28 PM

Ethereum is a good coin and has potential for investment.  Someday it will overtake the price of bitcoin.  It is very usable coin that can be used as gas to any coins built on it.  The transaction fee is lower than bitcoin and its faster to send.  It is used also to buy or convert into different coins in the exchanges.
itsandylandman

Activity: 64
Merit: 9

"Don't look back but never forget"

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2018, 09:10:35 PM

Ethereum is an alternative blockchain to bitcoin. A few cool things about Ethereum (and there is a lot of cool stuff i wont mention) is that the ETH Blockchain uses a system of "smart contracts", which are programs that automatically execute when certain conditions are met. This means there doesn't have to be an operator or central authority to press a button when something needs to happen.
Another cool thing about it is that other types of cryptocurrencies can be "created" "on top" of the ETH blockchain, using its smart contract system to execute it's function. So for instance, if you have a new idea for a smart contract, but the ledger can be run on the ETH network, you can get an ERC-20 token created (different from a coin) and use the ETH network to contain the info in your ledger, but your token operates off of the smart contract you created.
Now, as far as "investing" you need to know a fair amount of information about something before you invest in anything. So, like everyone says: Do your research! Personally, the time to put money in ETH for me has come and gone. One of the keys to investing IMO is to make sure you are staying up on NEW information so that you can get in on something you believe will be widely adopted BEFORE it is adopted....
hope this doesn't confuse you further!

"Most great people have attained their greatest success just one step beyond their greatest failure." -Napolian Hill
-Andrew Land
MediaCoin Inc.
chulos

Activity: 268
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 09:29:06 PM

After bitcoin is currently the second most popular cryptocurrency Ethereum. This cryptocurrency has been propounding its bright future since its inception in 2015.
Ethereum is much more than just a means of exchange, mainly due to a different technology than the alternative virtual BTC.
Advanced ETH functionality in the form of smart contracts makes ETH extremely commercially attractive and attracts large banks, companies or even governments.

▂▆●● SynchrotronCoin.org - Payment solution - Airdrops live NOW!●●▆▂
Batrakov

Activity: 48

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 09:39:53 PM

Ethereum is rapidly gaining momentum and there is a huge + and yes it was necessary to invest earlier though it is not too late now
Beganvk (OP)

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 09:47:47 PM

Well, Ethereum is a very complex ecosystem; you should understand at least its basic before investing. Do not invest just because Ethereum is "hot"!

Also, you need to consider in 2016 Ethereum chain forked and now there are two different coins based on two different network: ETC (the original one) and ETH (the one which came out from the fork).

thank you for information, you helped me alot. Because of your advice i will wait with my instvestment. i will learn more about ethereum. thanks

Beganvk (OP)

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 09:56:12 PM

I wouldn't consider my ethereum an "investment" per say. I see it more so as an investment in a project, believe that it has potential.
Definitely, read their whitepaper before making any decisions.

thank you for your comments. i figured out I'm new here and i must learn about many things about crypto world. i will wait with investment, when i learn more things about it i will invest. thank you for your time and your good will. you help me.

Rippta23

Activity: 19

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 10:20:59 PM

Ethereum is the 2nd largest cryptocurrency, the next in bitcoin. Ethereum for me is better than bitcoin since its blockchain technology is used by the new existing coin. The ERC20 token are always integrate in the platform of the new projects.
Digital Mutant

Activity: 420
Merit: 105

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 12:18:48 AM

Maybe this helps you to understand, u can invest in ethereum and there are a lot of things you can do:
1. invest and hold/sell Ethereum
2. invest and buy other cryptocurrencies builded on ethereum blockchain
3. use ethereum to transfer tokens form wallet to wallet o r from wallet to exchange
4. use ethereum in order to deploy smart contracts (specific functions of ethereum)
5. buy etehreum and hold it on a wallet and use the wallet to store tkens that you can buy with bitcoins, ethereum, litecoins etc on the exchanges
6. most of ICO's are founded with etehreum so that you can purchase etehreum on the exchanges and then buy/participate in crowfundings with ETH
7. ....

there are a lot of things you can do with ethereum, I suggest to go deep in the understanding of it before buying Grin

useful web: https://ethgasstation.info/
Adhar

Activity: 966
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 07:27:31 AM

etherum like bitcoin,if you have knowledge about bitcoin then you can understand this.
etherum is a one kind of digital currency & now golden chance to invest it.
so you can try

─────     RangersProtocol.com     ─────
████  ███  ██  █          VIRTUAL WORLDS BLOCKCHAIN INFRASTRUCTURE          █  ██  ███  ████
stilltrying

Activity: 22

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 07:39:04 AM

ethereum is virtual money to the simple
Avaemily

Activity: 32

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 04:41:32 PM

HI

Ethereum were cheap when introduced back in 2015 — you could get one for less than a dollar. Their price has risen over the years and currently stands at around $900 each (exact value can be found in the widget below). The sharp increase means Ethereum can be a great investment, same as Bitcoins and many other cryptocurrencies.
Amiex12

Activity: 169

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 06:45:19 PM

The first Altcoin is Fantastic! I'm a great fan! This is the Year for ETH!!
For me is Yes, Buy Buy Buy!
keksovmen

Activity: 6

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 06:58:59 PM

Does technical analysis work with crypto? Can I predict some crash of ETH?
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: