Bitcoin Forum
May 15, 2024, 07:31:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: eBay Signs Accord with Adyen and Cryptocurrency Payment Platform BitPay  (Read 130 times)
kenzawak (OP)

Activity: 658
Merit: 851

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 04:09:51 PM

https://btcmanager.com/e-bay-signs-accord-adyen-cryptocurrency-payment-platform-bitpay/
eBay publicized its plan to discontinue PayPal as a payment option from its website, reflecting poorly on PayPal’s stock (PYPL). On January 31, 2018, Cutler’s firm announced that it has instead signed an accord with Adyen, an Amsterdam-based payment service company, to become eBay’s primary processor. More importantly, Adyen also partnered with BitPay, the popular cryptocurrency payment platform, which will allow all Ayden clients to use their service. About the agreement, BitPay’s blog stated, “Adyen’s merchants can now easily accept bitcoin as a payment method from their e-commerce stores.”

There is a considerable possibility that eBay could accept cryptocurrencies due to its partnership with Adyen.
bitart

Activity: 1442
Merit: 629

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 10:05:29 PM

This had been already discussed somewhere here in the Bitcoin Discussion thread. Leaving Paypal for Ebay does not mean theat they will start to accept Bitcoin, despite of that the new (or one of the possible new) payment service providers (payment processors) has the possibility to accept bitcoin payments. Fees are low at the moment but unless the lightning network starts officially and works as expected, these giant merchants like eBay won't start with crytos. If the LN will start and work as expected, it will change a lot of things on the market.
Legion13

Activity: 323
Merit: 23

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 04:30:04 AM

There isn't any direct reference saying eBay is considering Bitcoin as one of the Payment methods. Its just a speculation from a third party. If at all it happens, it going to be huge. After all eBay and PayPal still operate as one company and the contract for eBay to use PayPal ends in 2020. Till then I believe LN should be ready in full swing.

This will also be one of the best use cases for Request Network (REQ) if it goes mainnet as per roadmap along with KyberNetwork integration. The future seems to be very bright for all Crypto and not only Bitcoin.

All my trades need to be verified on the forum. Please send me a PM here first to confirm you are talking to me. Don't deal with anyone impersonating me on telegram.

P.S: I never ask trusted members to go first.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: