Bitcoin Forum
July 05, 2024, 07:52:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Android mobile Mining  (Read 221 times)
may.sanjeev (OP)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 04:22:16 PM

Hi seniors can anyone tell me how can we mine on android mobile phone.

It's is possible mining in android mobile
generalheed

Activity: 42

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 04:39:16 PM

There are some mining apps out there but the only one I've ever used was Minergate. It works fine on my Galaxy S8, I get like 50 H/s if I remember correctly. My phone does get very hot though and the battery drains faster than it can charge.
generalheed

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 04:47:16 PM

I would advise not to. A phone is too expensive to trash it for such a small revenue.

Agreed, I wouldn't mine on a daily driver either. However if you have some older phones you don't use anymore like after upgrading to a new one, it's not such a bad idea to get some use out of them if they're just going to sit in a drawer and collect dust.
Atomsprengkopf

Activity: 52

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 05:58:42 PM

You can mining with NeoNeonMiner on playstore. a very good miner
may.sanjeev (OP)

Activity: 13

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 09:14:27 AM

What is mining pool and who is better to use for android
edwardceng

Activity: 266
Merit: 50

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 12:25:31 PM

Mining using the mobile phone will not be profitable because of your hashrate very small and you must compete with ASIC miners and GPU miners,also your device becomes damaged

edwardceng

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 12:33:33 PM

There are some mining apps out there but the only one I've ever used was Minergate. It works fine on my Galaxy S8, I get like 50 H/s if I remember correctly. My phone does get very hot though and the battery drains faster than it can charge.
of course, your device overheats and battery drain faster because mining process produces heat and must be running continuously. the profit you get it not comparable to your device is broken.

falapella

Activity: 98

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 12:35:58 PM

İs that possible with phone rams and Phone processor ?
edwardceng

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 01:00:46 PM
Merited by jillscarbrough (1)

İs that possible with phone rams and Phone processor ?
mining not just RAM and Processor, but mining very complicated. you can compare with GPUs. Memory and Processor GPUs produce heat, moreover Ram and Processor on Mobile Phone.

generalheed

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 01:44:40 PM

of course, your device overheats and battery drain faster because mining process produces heat and must be running continuously. the profit you get it not comparable to your device is broken.

As I said above, I wouldn't recommend using it on your daily driver, but if you have some old phones you don't use anymore, you might as well get some use out of them. And if you're mining cryptonote currencies, then there's no such thing as ASICs yet. CPU Mining is still great for cryptonote currencies like Monero. And I think the idea is to use extra phones to supplement more powerful mining computers. Every bit of extra hashrate you can you throw at it helps.
crea8ivemoiz

Activity: 231
Merit: 16

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 02:00:10 PM

MinerGate is an established smart-mining multipool that allows users to mine the most profitable cryptocurrency at the time.
dhouse

Merit: 2

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 03:38:17 PM

lol it mines ASIC coins, makes no sense
musta5a

Activity: 294
Merit: 7

BITDEPOSITARY - Make ICO's , More Secure

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 03:41:23 PM

Is it actually worth it? I have an old android mobile myself, but never thought of using it for mining. Are there any real maintenance issues or is it working seamlessly?

BITDEPOSITARY ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ - JOIN US -
| ● Q-RATIO MARKET FUNDING COMMUNITY | ● MAKE ICO'S MORE SECURE, STOP SCAMS WITH BITDEPOSITARY |
Atomsprengkopf

Activity: 52

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 03:44:55 PM

for testing it's ok. for 24/7 mining of course not. there are also cpu-only coins like magi  Wink
dhouse

Merit: 2

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 03:56:34 PM

for testing it's ok. for 24/7 mining of course not. there are also cpu-only coins like magi  Wink

right it's just funny that they would even have an option to mine an ASIC coin with your phone. Like with 4h/s or whatever, and you're trying to mine BTC - would you ever even make a cent?
Golftech

Activity: 2128
Merit: 520

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 04:00:37 PM

Well it's possible but the earnings will not be as huge as what the original miners are getting, it will only harmed your device and the results is just like taking some faucets, I'm not sure if dealing with such thing like this will bring enough to satisfied you in terms of profits, but if you are just looking or aiming to learn how the basic mining was been done, then using spare device will give you some idea, there's already a mining tools which you can download from google apps store just search for mining tools.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: