Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 10:23:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Why privacy coins will not be banned  (Read 92 times)
Rabblerah112 (OP)

Activity: 69
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 05:09:38 PM

A lot of people are concerned that privacy coins will be banned because they allow people to launder money or commit crimes more easily.

First off, I have to say it annoys me that we live in a world where so many people think privacy is a crime.
Journalists, whistleblowers, people with sensitive medical, financial, sexual histories, people who dont trust governments, are just a few people who should have the right to privacy.  With freedom comes risk.  Criminals sometimes succeeding is the risk we accept.

Ok, rant over.

Anyway, regardless of what some governments will do, privacy is a right thats not going away.  TOR, which allows people to surf the web anonymously, is not illegal and has been around for many years.  Cash is used by more criminals than any other medium.  The beautiful thing about privacy coins is even if they were banned, the ban would be entirely unenforceable.  Especially because cryptos have no national borders.

If cryptos were going to be banned in the free world, it probably wouldve happened by now.  There will be regulation, but make no mistake: bans will only hurt the governments that use them. Once you ban cryptos, the wealth stored in them will flood out of your country.  Privacy coins will be a niche worth trillions.  Governments know this.  Im sure there will be many rapacious attempts to stamp out our freedoms, but a ban is impractical.

So buy them up!

@charteroakpublic - Telegram channel with leaks from premium sources like Palm Beach Confidential.  Join us!  Also at:  t.me/charteroakpublic
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: