Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:49:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why does the value of Bitcoin dramatically decrease?  (Read 198 times)
raiangelah (OP)

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 07:00:41 PM

Hi Experts,

I'm a newbie and i'm quite confused on why the value of bitcoin has dramatically decreased.

i mean yes i expect that someday the value of bitcoin will decrease, but for that to happen in a short period of time there should be a good reason.

can anyone please explain that to me so i can learn something from this event?

Thank you in advance.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4298
Merit: 3214

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 07:13:09 PM

This will explain it: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economic_bubble

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
LuvCyanide

Activity: 252
Merit: 11

Decentralized Digital Billboards

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 07:18:42 PM

Hi! Bitcoin is very well established in the past year. But not all major investors managed to buy it. It is reduced by all means. This is an opportunity to purchase.  Very soon it will fly.

grimesrhymes

Activity: 161
Merit: 12

📶Decentralized free Wi-Fi📶

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 07:24:44 PM

In November/December we experienced some of the biggest growth we've seen in bitcoin and many would argue that it was not sustainable and a correction was due. I think we can attribute most of the initial fall to that, say from 20-13k.

After that we had a wave of mostly bad news, some true, some not:

- South Korea to effectively ban all cryptocurrencies (not true)
- China to limit access to all foreign cryptocurrency sites through their great firewall of China (not true)
- Facebook to ban all adverts on cryptocurrencies (true)
- Lloyds bank to stop accepting credit card payments for crypto transactions (true)
- India to ban cryptocurencies (not true)
- Senate hearing on cryptocurrencies (turned out to be positive but many feared it would not be)
- Chinese new year leading to much funds to be withdrawn from the market to fund expenses
- First round of futures contracts ended

I have probably missed many other things that happened in January because it really was a lot but this will give an idea. All of this leads to great FUD in the market and people sell low and whales take advantage of this to push the price lower so they can stock up.

daarul50
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1034

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 08:40:20 PM

Hi Experts,

I'm a newbie and i'm quite confused on why the value of bitcoin has dramatically decreased.

i mean yes i expect that someday the value of bitcoin will decrease, but for that to happen in a short period of time there should be a good reason.

Thank you in advance.
The price of bitcoin on the market today is determined by bitcoin millionaires. This drastic decline is the act of the millionaires because they want the bitcoin prices to fall deeper so they can buy bitcoins at the cheapest price so they can benefit again when the millionaires are pumping. So, if you want to control the price movement of crypto then you must be one of the bitcoin millionaires in the world.  Grin Grin Grin
silent17

Activity: 420
Merit: 119

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 09:10:00 PM

Hi Experts,

Thank you in advance.
The price of bitcoin on the market today is determined by bitcoin millionaires. This drastic decline is the act of the millionaires because they want the bitcoin prices to fall deeper so they can buy bitcoins at the cheapest price so they can benefit again when the millionaires are pumping. So, if you want to control the price movement of crypto then you must be one of the bitcoin millionaires in the world.  Grin Grin Grin
I also think some of the millioners do this because they have the money to dump and buy a huge amount of bitcoin. I think they will buy a huge amount of bitcoin the suddenly they will dump it all at once. for them to gain more profit.
Brik03

Activity: 43
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 09:17:03 PM

The value of the bitcoin varies according to many things ... even a false information about it is enough to make people start to no longer believe in its value.
Denisliternyjj

Activity: 168
Merit: 15

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 09:20:41 PM

The price of bitcoin has decreased in my opinion due to unreliable news ! than frightened holders of a coin!
Eureka_07

Activity: 1750
Merit: 260

Binance #SWGT and CERTIK Audited

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 09:20:54 PM

Hi Experts,

Thank you in advance.

There are some factors that contribute to the dramatically decrease of the bitcoin price. One of it is what happened last year, holidays, the holders sell their bitcoins ofcourse to provide their needs for that holiday so that affects the value of bitcoin now in 2018. Next, I think banning of bitcoin in some countries can also have an impact on the value of bitcoin in the market.

DPrillio

Activity: 693
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 09:21:02 PM

Hi Experts,

Thank you in advance.
I also think some of the millioners do this because they have the money to dump and buy a huge amount of bitcoin. I think they will buy a huge amount of bitcoin the suddenly they will dump it all at once. for them to gain more profit.
So it mean to say that the drastic decrease of bitcoin value is because there is a market manipulation? maybe that's possible because i believe if there are many selling than buying the value of a specific thing will decrease. There are many speculations for the causes of lowering bitcoin's value and one thing im sure and that is because there are more supply than the demand.

joeydangerous

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 09:28:07 PM

The price of bitcoin has decreased in my opinion due to unreliable news ! than frightened holders of a coin!
The investors that sold their coins are already regretting it if they sold their coins in the $6,900 price.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
darkangel11
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1345

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 10:11:04 PM

There are numerous reasons. Starting from the purely economic ones like lack of fresh money, and when there's not enough to push the price forward it tends to retrace and retest the previous points of support, through the political ones like the problems of miners in China, and ending with FUD news, like the fake ban in Korea.
Don't worry about it, we are still much higher than a year ago. If we ever go below $3000 you will have a reason to be worried. Wink

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Equity0924

Activity: 173

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2018, 10:17:57 PM

Bitcoins value today is decreasing and I think it is the best time to buy and then hold until it goes 3 to 4 or more times higher price. I think the problem is the amount of people who want to invest on bitcoin.
esa2782

Activity: 101

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 02:27:37 AM

many reasons, for example governments that banned bitcoins will make some people worry and decided to sell their bitcoins, another one is the restriction of bitcoin by government also another reason, but the main issue i think because of the trading of bitcoins, buy and sell, high demand high value, low demand low value
Matildada

Activity: 98

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 02:35:25 AM

Hi Experts,

Thank you in advance.
I think that's a lot of bad news about bitcoin. Of course, only part of the news is correct, and the rest is false. The real news doesn't have such a big impact on the price of bitcoin. Now the price of bitcoin is being controlled by the bitcoin millionaire. In order to get the profits they had, they deliberately spread rumors, causing panic that led to the selling of bitcoin, and when the price of bitcoin fell, they bought it at a lower price.
Firefox07

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 12:22:44 PM

There are so many reasons why bitcoin decrease dramatically. Some of this are many countries are banning it, fake news that create fears on the mind of many potential investor and i think there are a group of billionaires that are controlling the price of bitcoin.

1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 12:56:47 PM

It's funny how people constantly refer to bad news being the main reason the price went down, while in reality the market was heavily overbought, and was bound to go down from that point. If you take the important $20,000 barrier into consideration, and the fact that the future markets were the only reason the price went up that high, even a noob could see a massive correction coming up. CME opened it's platform where the first contracts were settled at $20,000, and down Bitcoin went directly after that. The bad news fud drama just made the market tank deeper than it would when correcting normally. It's not for nothing that these fud attacks always pop up once the market is in decline. It's a game that's being played here.
hase0278

Activity: 882
Merit: 544

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 01:03:15 PM

Hi Experts,

Thank you in advance.
That's just how Bitcoin is, going up and down rapidly for the demands for it also changes rapidly. People might want to buy bitcoin today but tomorrow people might want to sell their Bitcoin followed by many others. In short, Bitcoin dumps because users wanted to dump Bitcoin at that time. They do it for many other reasons and it will be hard to list it one by one.
omonuyak

Activity: 882
Merit: 269

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 01:25:00 PM

Hi Experts,

Thank you in advance.
The value of bitcoin dramatically increase in about three months ago and that is why you also see dramatically decreased! What ever go up must come down and that is what you see happening. The price cannot consistent going up and vice visa and we should expect this to continue going on as far as this market remain. Many people think that bitcoin is going to continue going up and up until it get to the price that they want to sell before sell off but this is not possible as the price may get to were you what it to be and there will be no one to buy.
nl247

Activity: 518
Merit: 145

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 01:38:06 PM

Only those who are dumb enough to be frightened, ended up selling out of panic. I called them dumb because they decided to invest for the greedy reasons, have no idea about what lies in the market and then prefer to just dance to the direction the whales put them. They are more like a leather bag in a wind that can just be tossed around since they have no content in them. The true holders already know this since they have the knowledge and little things like this do not make them panic.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: