Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 07:05:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: FOAM protocol  (Read 424 times)
JanCoppens (OP)

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 10:13:10 PM

FOAM claims to be The Future of Proof of Location. The FOAM Proof of Location protocol empowers a permissionless and autonomous network of radio beacons that can offer secure location services independent of external centralized sources such as GPS through time synchronization.

What do you guys think about this project? Looks kinda interesting to me.
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
demiculus

Activity: 81
Merit: 6

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 08:38:44 AM

Here is bitses.org review on Foam

https://bitses.org/analyses/foam-thellimist/

They rated it "2: You should definitely check this out."

Ratings:
4: Definitely buy this coin.
3: This is one of the best coins I’ve seen.
2: You should definitely check this out.
1: This coin is worth a look.
0: I’m neutral about this coin.
-1: Shitcoin.
Mihawk

Activity: 1149
Merit: 347

View Profile
December 12, 2018, 12:34:39 AM

For Poloniex to have added this project without hesitation it is because FOAM has strong fluency or invested capital or is quite applicable.
vdj

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 22, 2018, 08:43:07 AM

Scam project.
Mihawk

View Profile
December 22, 2018, 01:49:44 PM

Scam project.
Their communication lacks interaction, twitter looks more like a robot. But I do not think they are SCAM.
Hades92

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2018, 03:05:09 PM

I searched the search engine but I did not get anything related to FOAM. Can you explain more specifically about this or there is a link that leads to a special site, otherwise it really is a scam.

▀▀▀▀▄▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀ ▄ ▀    GORECRUIT    ▀ ▄ ▀ ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▄▀▀▀▀
▬▬   ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE FOR HR BASED ON BLOCKCHAIN   ▬▬
Whitepaper   Telegram   [  Pre-Sale 》 24th October  ]   Facebook   Twitter
thesmallgod

Activity: 1498
Merit: 129

View Profile
December 22, 2018, 03:08:48 PM

Well we have heard interesting project in the past that fail to deliver so let them start first before we continue to rate them
geminiboy

Activity: 574
Merit: 100

https://ammut.network/

View Profile
December 22, 2018, 04:04:44 PM

I searched the search engine but I did not get anything related to FOAM. Can you explain more specifically about this or there is a link that leads to a special site, otherwise it really is a scam.
ICO starts July 31 and ends August 10, 2018 with a hardcap $ 24,000,000 / 300,000,000 FOAM, but this project does not look advanced even now experiencing price declines of up to 69.88%

kamar25

Activity: 161
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 22, 2018, 04:31:06 PM

if their project wants to develop a new GPS model, it will be very good. but I am curious about the GPS that you offer is roughly able to defeat the popular Google map today

IRONX         
 THE BEST IN TRADING     |     THE BEST IN CRYPTO
Fully Regulated
Saugani

Activity: 672
Merit: 35

#BUIDL team to become delegates-validator

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2018, 08:17:23 PM

FOAM is an interesting project. I really hope FOAM gains some good with what they're doing.

Thought, initially they began as a project that was focused on their "Zone Anchor" Proof of Location idea (basically stamping fixed radio devices all over the earth) However, they are a very small team and do not have any hardware experiences thus they pivoted about 3-4 months ago and have shifted their attention towards "Cartography" basically stamping online maps (like Google Maps) with "Points of Interests" like Google Places, and they commit the data to the Ethereum blockchain.

They pivoted towards "Cartography", which entails integrating map-based web apps because they needed to have a "working" product by the time they launch to cover their for it being security, so they can call it a "consumer token" or whatever, even though you really can't even use it. 

There's a lot of stuff something that matters excited about with FOAM, but also some nothing else

Scam project.
Their communication lacks interaction, twitter looks more like a robot. But I do not think they are SCAM.
First off, they haven't really been collaborative in working together. Apparently, they've essentially like bot (I think so) from their own Telegram group or channel group you can check it (another group native-lang it’s all got) and community group is losing any no good conversation, I don’t know for what makes Community management or marketing was late.

ICO starts July 31 and ends August 10, 2018 with a hardcap $ 24,000,000 / 300,000,000 FOAM, but this project does not look advanced even now experiencing price declines of up to 69.88%
The other thing is that it's not really clear how much VC/Institutional money is behind it and who's behind it. Even just basic things like the ICO fund, Devs fund/holding Token, etc? It's very close and mysterious (total token 1.000.000.000) and token sold out 300.000.000

I think the project must be transparent open about all of that

We're hopeful their team takes a more collaborative approach to grow the Geospatial Blockchain community we're building because the FOAM it seems good implementation project

SJJoh

Activity: 29

View Profile
December 22, 2018, 08:27:42 PM

Checked the coin on coinmarketcap Started with 4$, now a bit more than 20 cents, in less then two weeks. The market is rough now, for sure, but it's kind of suspicious
Mihawk

View Profile
December 23, 2018, 01:14:24 PM

The other thing is that it's not really clear how much VC/Institutional money is behind it and who's behind it. Even just basic things like the ICO fund, Devs fund/holding Token, etc? It's very close and mysterious (total token 1.000.000.000) and token sold out 300.000.000

I think the project must be transparent open about all of that

We're hopeful their team takes a more collaborative approach to grow the Geospatial Blockchain community we're building because the FOAM it seems good implementation project
You were irresponsible in making the token price at ICO $0.08... Why would people buy this token? There is no worry of support barriers in buyers books! Surely it'll be possible to buy this token under 100 sat or less.
Saugani

Activity: 672
Merit: 35

#BUIDL team to become delegates-validator

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2018, 12:01:40 PM

You were irresponsible in making the token price at ICO $0.08... Why would people buy this token? There is no worry of support barriers in buyers books! Surely it'll be possible to buy this token under 100 sat or less.
Correction, FOAM was partnership with tokenfoundry for tokensale and kyc.
I don’t know, it was non-active community on the channel group, it’s very funny so if tokensale was successful however we can judge from the collaboration between a community or team was not there a good impression.

Yup, 68.95% Sold or ($16,548,796 USD)
($16,548,796 USD SALE PROCEEDS)
(38,027.88 ETH SALE PROCEEDS)

Tokensale & KYC

SwiggHeart

Activity: 448

View Profile
December 25, 2018, 01:10:35 PM

Well, even if the ICO price is very low, I think it's acceptable in order to reduce loss in many percentages once it hit exchange.
Mihawk

View Profile
December 25, 2018, 05:58:34 PM

Well, even if the ICO price is very low, I think it's acceptable in order to reduce loss in many percentages once it hit exchange.
It is not acceptable. Now they have ETH and millions of FOAM. If something bad happens, they can dump it in the market and act as if nothing had happened. The conception of FOAM is good, but unfortunately the way they are playing is not the friendliest.
Mihawk

View Profile
January 10, 2019, 06:04:44 PM

98.7% of the people doing ICOs could at least try to launch their projects at cost 0 and allow the community and others to slowly finance something if it was necessary to purchase products and anything else. FOAM has a very good design, but this ICO with a fixed price of $0.08 USD has affected innocent investors and now they will have to be patient.
tranzactionezlive

Activity: 261
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 19, 2019, 01:04:20 PM

What is the price now and what is the ICO price in july ?
Mihawk

View Profile
July 07, 2019, 04:36:48 PM

The price is currently slightly below the ICO. I think it was $0.08 each FOAM. I lost a lot on this project late last year, but I was very immature. The idea is good, just have patience.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: