Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 07:52:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Any suggestions for investments?  (Read 2378 times)
halfawake (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 03:51:09 AM

I have some bitcoins with Coinlenders which I'll be taking out as soon as my CD matures in about a month.  It'll be about 4.9 bitcoins, and I'm looking for another place to invest them.  Anyone have any suggestions?

BTC: 13kJEpqhkW5MnQhWLvum7N5v8LbTAhzeWj
Oleander

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 04:19:00 AM

• just-dice.com
  • bitcoinsports.eu
  • coinlenders.com (fee rebates, not CD)
WikileaksDude

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 04:25:02 AM

ActiveMining shares.

As you can research, ActM is at the moment the only company that seems legit, and has known CEO.

check these news:

http://www.easic.com/vmc-uses-easic-to-achieve-24-756-ths-bitcoin-miner/

http://www.easic.com/easic-raises-23-5m-of-growth-capital/

Buy some shares here while they are cheap:

https://bitfunder.com/asset/AMC

thank me later.
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 04:27:33 AM

Buy and hold.

halfawake (OP)

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 04:43:25 AM

Buy and hold.

That's definitely part of my plan too.  I just thought I'd see what's out there and see if there's something else that's worth investing in besides just bitcoin itself.

mgio

Activity: 546

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 05:47:32 AM

Neo and Bee is IPOing next week (see the thread in this forum) and it looks very interesting.

I will be investing at least a little bit.
Bitcycle

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 06:13:25 AM

There's nothing that looks like a safe bet.  Everything right now is a gamble, even granddaddy AsicMiner.

Anotheranonlol

Activity: 588
Merit: 504

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 06:15:43 AM

Buy and hold.

This, you will minimize your risk in this fashion.

If you want to invest, make sure to set aside some time to weigh up the risks. Do not blindly listen to others suggestions. Avoid documented scams such as Labcoin

mgio

Activity: 546

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 06:17:59 AM

If you are risk averse why don't you leave your coins in one of the many bitcoin bonds: ukyo.loan, graet.loan, xbond, etc.

They are about as safe as you can get (safer than coinlenders).
Professor James Moriarty
aka TheTortoise

Activity: 434

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 06:18:24 AM

Buy BFL products , that seems like a safe bet as in' you will most definetly lose money' , I do guarentee you will not make your money back if you invest now.
mccoyspace

Activity: 237
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2013, 06:24:11 AM

If you are risk averse why don't you leave your coins in one of the many bitcoin bonds: ukyo.loan, graet.loan, xbond, etc.

sorry, where is information on these? are these on bitfunder?
links please.... ty

[edit] ..... found great.loan and ukyo.loan. where is xbond?
halfawake (OP)

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 06:52:37 AM

Neo and Bee is IPOing next week (see the thread in this forum) and it looks very interesting.

I will be investing at least a little bit.

Thank you - this is by far the most promising investment I've seen on here.  Not sure if I'll invest the full amount on there, but I'm seriously considering buying some, assuming it doesn't get insanely expensive by the time I'm out of Coinlenders.

Definitely something to consider.  As far as risk averse - well, if I was totally risk averse, I wouldn't be in bitcoin since it's inherently risky, or at most I'd just buy the currency itself and wait for it to appreciate.

halfawake (OP)

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 06:55:31 AM

Buy BFL products , that seems like a safe bet as in' you will most definetly lose money' , I do guarentee you will not make your money back if you invest now.

Oh, if only BFL was a stock and there was way to short it.  You'd be able to make a fortune. 

Professor James Moriarty
aka TheTortoise

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 07:00:59 AM

ahahah if bfl had a stock , I would buy (I am not sure what its called but there was something like call option but it was short , so you kinda leverage the idea of bfl stock will drop) that Cheesy

I assume the stock will start at 50€ or something and go down less than a penny a share.
Rannasha

Activity: 728

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 07:09:20 AM

ahahah if bfl had a stock , I would buy (I am not sure what its called but there was something like call option but it was short , so you kinda leverage the idea of bfl stock will drop) that Cheesy

A put option.
Professor James Moriarty
aka TheTortoise

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 07:17:02 AM

Yes that , If I had any possible way of putting a put option on bfl stocks at the time it was popular and everyone was getting one , I would sell every asset I had and invested in a put option , now I would be a very rich guy Cheesy
Vycid

Activity: 336

♫ the AM bear who cares ♫

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 07:34:18 AM

Yes that , If I had any possible way of putting a put option on bfl stocks at the time it was popular and everyone was getting one , I would sell every asset I had and invested in a put option , now I would be a very rich guy Cheesy

At the time BFL was popular and put options on their hypothetical stock would have been cheap, you wouldn't have known to buy them.

Once BFL became universally reviled the price of the (again - hypothetical) put options would have skyrocketed, and you'd hardly get rich off of them.

The thing about establishing short positions via options is that you have to do it before the crowd even catches on to the possibility things might go wrong.

"When you’re one step ahead of the crowd you’re a genius. When you’re two steps ahead, you’re a crackpot."

You may remember me as the crackpot buying put options on AM when it was above 4 BTC a share. Here's my current crackpot thinking - don't buy ANY mining stocks. Not a single one. Not AM, not ActM, not Labcoin.

Oh, yeah - LetsDice is a scam. That's not an opinion, it is a fact.

halfawake (OP)

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 07:38:35 AM

At the time BFL was popular and put options on their hypothetical stock would have been cheap, you wouldn't have known to buy them.

Once BFL became universally reviled the price of the put options would have skyrocketed, and you'd hardly get rich off of them.

The thing about establishing short positions via options is that you have to do it before the crowd even catches on to the possibility things might go wrong.

"When you’re one step ahead of the crowd you’re a genius. When you’re two steps ahead, you’re a crackpot."

That's how it is with investing.  It's always easier to see this sort of thing in retrospect.  I'm still kicking myself for not buying Google's stock when it went IPO at $80.  It's only gone up by a factor of ten since then.  My reaction at the time was obviously way off, "Seems overpriced."  Oops. 

Professor James Moriarty
aka TheTortoise

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 07:41:59 AM

I knew bfl was a scam waaaaaay back when it was popular , the second I saw a 500 gh/s I said this wont work anytime soon and even if it does people will hate the delays. Like the second I saw it man Cheesy

I would definetly get rich via put options , I would definetly invest AT LEAST all bitcoins I had at the time to a put option agains bfl.

edit: and I saw the bfl (hence my second of seeing it) wasnt recently , it was like maybe 6-7 months ago , a little earlier than the 266 bubble , so I dont know if bfl was already hated during february or not Cheesy
Progressive

Activity: 181
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 10:19:18 AM

DMS.SELLING
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: