Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 08:56:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: People are more on Airdrops/bounties nowadays. No more interest in investing?  (Read 498 times)
perrysaico (OP)

Activity: 121
Merit: 10

Own Your Privacy! TOR Integrated Privacy Coin

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2018, 02:03:54 PM

This is an observation. It seems people who want extra money/passive income
engage with crypto not thru investing money but thru bounty and airdrop hunting.
I think this is not healthy for crypto market in general. Very few capital flowing in, but massive
cashouts.

What do you think?

Its unfortunate what the market has turned into and its not only based on your observation but what is currently happening. Today I see a lot of adverts all over in various public forums and groups with captions like 'get bitcoin for free by joining airdrops' all they need to do is register get the air drop the convert to bitcoin and cash out. This is not only leading to lots of capital flight in the market but also damaging its reputation because any venture that you don't have funds invested and some amount of risk attached, for all you care, it can collapse tomorrow.

I think the beginning of this is because of the advent of forks all over and the ability to create tokens from ETH without much effort. This give developers the room to get the popularity they want without having to spend a dime and cause people to either vote or asked the coin be listed on an exchange market and that settles it. But I am hope that this will pass too as anything free is just going to be ephemeral. There is no need to lose sleep over it.

Exactly, we share the same insight. If this continues, real crypto  boom will have a hard to materialize

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY ($PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Bounty]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
allycn

Activity: 420
Merit: 110

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 03:23:50 PM

I wouldn't call "free money" the tokens / coins received when participating in a bounty campaign as you are still doing some "work" for the project. It may not be intense work, but still something that requires you to invest your time to complete the tasks.
The bounty campaigns I have participated in so far (except for one) are for projects I actually invested in, as a way to support / promote the project and to minimize my losses should the ICO become unsuccessful. Some people might not have the capital to enter the crypto market (or even the tools), so receiving tokens from a bounty campaign or even airdrop could be the only way they have to get started with trading.

Side note: I find it funny that most people posting here (myself included) have an ICO / Project signature which means we are all participating in a campaign. Wink
gakadem

Activity: 168
Merit: 106

No success in a short time

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 03:37:30 PM

Because most of the new people who are now registering in the forum are from poor countries. They have no starting capital, they have no jobs, didnt graduate from a university or from college and no career prospects.

That sounds bad, but its a fact.
you are right, I also observe it
currently many new members in bitcointalk, they use bounty campaign, signature, facebok twitter and others
to get free money

manismanja

Activity: 518
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 04:01:33 PM

engage with crypto not thru investing money but thru bounty and airdrop hunting.
I think this is not healthy for crypto market in general. Very few capital flowing in, but massive
cashouts.

What do you think?

not all that be like that but if just playing airdrop or bounty seems very unfortunate we have to participate to become investor to get more profit.

●   TOKPIE   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  GET ETHEREUM FOR YOUR BOUNTY STAKES  ❱❱❱❱❱❱   
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  instantly & regularly  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
CAPT.DEADPOOL

Activity: 854
Merit: 102

PHORE

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 04:23:55 PM

it's better to airdrops and bounty than to invest because it's no problem investing in that hard work and only the likelihood of losing more people can get a bounty that's big enough

Adine.lablab

Activity: 112

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 04:29:50 PM

Im the one who participate in airdrops and bounties because for me its the easiest way to earn from bitcoin nowadays because in investment you need a capital money to gain more profit but if i have a lot of earn from bitcoin i will investing in bitcoin because investment is also good.
moetimas

Activity: 221
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 04:41:58 PM

currently the market is unstable, maybe one of the causes is the decline in bitcoin prices, and I noticed, so far there are often several projects that ended scam. this may also be the reason for investors to carefully choose the project. we all know that investing in crypto also requires capital, and is risky. now bounty can be used as an alternative to get extra money from one of the jobs we can take in the project, and later this fund can also be used as investment capital in crypto.
anjaydut

Activity: 140

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 05:23:51 PM

maybe the investors just take a break, because the state of bitcoin like nowadays
and they choose to work in bitcoin, while waiting for the price to return to normal. let's just fill the empty time
but can make money, and the choice is airdrop and bounty campaign
and I'm sure, when bitcoin prices have returned to normal all investors will re-invest with bitcoin.
now they are doing securing assets, it can be said that way

Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 672

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 05:28:51 PM

Let us not make it general as you still don't have any proof of it. You might be assuming something that is not true as yes there are people who are participating in these Airdrops as they are free and people like free stuff but a lot of people are earning something outside from it. If you even look around the forum you will see that people are earning from signature campaigns, free lance works, goods being sold in the marketplace. The market won't be affected with airdrops that much as it is just a little portion being given away buy developers.
Katja-Ochs

Activity: 206
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 05:48:38 PM

Because most of the new people who are now registering in the forum are from poor countries. They have no starting capital, they have no jobs, didnt graduate from a university or from college and no career prospects.

That sounds bad, but its a fact.

I think you are right! many of the airdrop hunters have not enough start capital for investing in cryptocurrency or ICOs. so they have to play this bad game
GaboCarranza

Activity: 43
Merit: 1

CR Coin - Costa Rica's First Cryptocurrency

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2018, 06:02:16 PM

People like things for free, they love it, is just how we are and it is a fact, if someone comes and tells you they want to give you something that will gain value later and for free of course everyone will say yes, I wouldn't say is bad, bounties and airdrops help reduce marketing cost as you reached way more people in the social networks, and airdrops and bounties don't give away the whole supply just a part of it people still buy when it hits exchanges.

Costa Rica's first cryptocurrency, join the revolution crcoinico.com
Amilhussin24

Activity: 294

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 11:30:18 PM

People who do bounty campaigns is considered as needy, they choosed to participate in campaigns rather than investing, because its free. Investing is need a lot of time, it is suitable for rich people.
rey.fudz15

Activity: 204
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 11:32:43 PM

I don't think so, if you are too focused on this forum and telegram you might face some people always keep on talking about "when payment" "when bounty end" but if you took a bigger picture of what's happening there's a lot of ICO that are raising millions of funds.

MakeMoneyBtc

Activity: 1092
Merit: 117

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 11:39:14 PM

What you say is very true. Dozens of airdrops appear everyday and I saw some of them reach tens of thousands of users maybe even millions wich is kind of crazy and I am sure it affects the world of cryptocurrencies a lot but that is nothing to do against this. Most of the people who engage with bitcoin and altcoins are poor and they are looking for an extra income. With almost any ICO you need to be an accredited investor and also you need to buy a minimuk quantity of coins. People came here to make money not to spend money with the risk of losing it.
markint

Activity: 329
Merit: 14

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 11:47:40 PM

cashouts.

What do you think?

I do not see any problem in that the users of this forum intend to receive the bounties that many developers have reserved for committed crypto-enthusiasts, since it is necessary to take into account that usually the amount of tokens that are usually given does not go beyond 2% of tokens sold, which does not affect their interests at all, but on the contrary, it helps them to promote their project in an effective way and at a low cost.
Erza
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 12:08:57 AM

cashouts.

What do you think?

Everyone want to get an extra money through any kind of job that they can do, no matter how are they going to get it as long as it is profitable for them then it does not really matter. But to get some airdrop or doing bounty is not a wrong thing, market does not really affect it, it is like you doing your job here and get the payment and with this payment we invest again on the market, so I do not think market will be fluctuative because of them
colmenajose

Activity: 278
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 12:21:29 AM

I believe that the airdrops is a stage of promotion of the currency, later when the currency is well known is sure to lean more towards investment.
bitcoinskyrocket09

Activity: 239

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 12:57:55 AM

cashouts.

What do you think?
People who use bitcoin now are much prefer airdrops/bounties because they don't want to wait a long period of time because in investing it risky and unpredictable they can have much profit when the bitcoin goes high but when the bitcoin goes down they will loss all of their money so that people became practical and choose airdrops and bounties although that it much hussle because they need do the required doing so that they will have a higher earning.
jayco25

Activity: 336
Merit: 106

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 01:17:33 AM

I believe in that a lof people right now want to join bounty rather that invest money for some reason.

1. Sure money with out capital
2. They are not hodlers for long term the dump it right away if the price is good.
3. A lot of them are poor no money for invesment but not all

#Datarius

toolsmans

Activity: 252
Merit: 13

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 01:28:34 AM

but does not affect. The rich both entered and entered. Some strange statistics you have. Have you counted each member of the world that makes the company's bounty and every person who invests?

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: