Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 05:41:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Monero Wallet Backup  (Read 105 times)
adamantasaurus (OP)

Activity: 700
Merit: 255

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 03:59:49 AM

Hey all,

I'm trying to backup my monero wallet, but I don't see any wallet.dat file in the appdata/roaming folder? Does anyone know how I backup a monero wallet (the official wallet you download from getmonero)

Thanks
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Heisenberg_Hunter
Legendary

Activity: 1583
Merit: 1276

Heisenberg Design Services

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2018, 10:50:02 AM
Merited by adamantasaurus (5)

You will not see the wallet.dat file anywhere in the folder as monero uses wallet.keys for backing up the wallet. You can find the .keys file in the Documents/monero folder of your computer. While you created a wallet file, you would have saved the 25-word seed somewhere in the paper, restore your wallet with the .keys file and this 25-word seed. While you open the backup folder you would find 3 files namely

1. .address.txt - where your address is stored. Just by opening this file you will see your address and no need to open the wallet each time.

2. .keys - where your private key is stored. This is a read only file and the most important file for the backup. You can recover the wallet only if you have this .keys file and the seed words else forget about your wallet.

3. Name - stores all your wallet data and is secured by wallet password.
adamantasaurus (OP)

Activity: 700
Merit: 255

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 11:27:56 AM

You will not see the wallet.dat file anywhere in the folder as monero uses wallet.keys for backing up the wallet. You can find the .keys file in the Documents/monero folder of your computer. While you created a wallet file, you would have saved the 25-word seed somewhere in the paper, restore your wallet with the .keys file and this 25-word seed. While you open the backup folder you would find 3 files namely

1. .address.txt - where your address is stored. Just by opening this file you will see your address and no need to open the wallet each time.

2. .keys - where your private key is stored. This is a read only file and the most important file for the backup. You can recover the wallet only if you have this .keys file and the seed words else forget about your wallet.

3. Name - stores all your wallet data and is secured by wallet password.

Ah ok cool thanks man I found it I backed up all those files now Smiley

Thanks again
hdtqisg

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 12:21:41 PM

Hey all,

I'm trying to backup my monero wallet, but I don't see any wallet.dat file in the appdata/roaming folder? Does anyone know how I backup a monero wallet (the official wallet you download from getmonero)

Thanks
Monero wallet used wallet.keys file! You can see it on the same path you creat waller and seed ( 12 word to recover your wallet)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: