Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 03:52:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ฿ related argumentative essay suggestion :P  (Read 1226 times)
Fcx35x10 (OP)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 05, 2012, 12:03:34 AM

I was thinking about writing an argumentation essay for my school assignment on decentralized currency. I'm currently thinking about the outline for this essay.

My goal is to persuade the reader to consider ฿ or decentralized currency.

What would you think should be the 3 main points to discuss to get the reader to look into using alternative decentralized currency?

Some ideas/tips on the thesis sentence would save me some time too Smiley

Let your voices be heard Tongue and thanks in advance

Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
December 05, 2012, 12:40:17 AM

I was thinking about writing an argumentation essay for my school assignment on decentralized currency. I'm currently thinking about the outline for this essay.

What would you think should be the 3 main points to discuss to get the reader to look into using alternative currency?

of course in the introduction explain that it allows the sending of funds from any one person to any other person instantly and anonymously across great distances for free with out being forced to trust an intermediary. (the basics)

1) soveriegnty of wealth in personal finance - I.E. even if the government takes all of your physical property, freezes all of your bank accounts, performs a body search and a cavity search, sends you through a metal detector before locking you in solitary confinement you can still be a millionaire by virtue of the passphraise you have memorized to unlock your brain wallet and no one even has to know that you have millions of dollars (unless you want them to know)

2) censorship resistant nature of bitcoin

3) bitcoin allows the extension of markets to places that were previously unmarketable. This allows systems that previously experienced market failure to avoid that problem (like how the tor network is unbearably slow). This allows for the implementation of organic open source grass roots solutions to problems that used to require centralization. So imagine if bit torrent allows seeders to sell their upload bandwidth, suddenly people would begin to look for any form of media that hadnt already been made available with torrents inorder to attempt to capture that market share. Common things would still be free (new episodes of popular tv shows) but obsure things that are currently not available would suddenly become available to those who were willing to pay a couple of pennies (a clear improvement). Inside the tor network you could continue to use it for free and it would continue to be slow as a turd OR you could pay each node a couple pennies and suddenly it would become lightning fast (again an improvement). This principal could even be extended to the internet its self. See a recent discussion i had with a fellow on these forums "Bitcoin + Decentralized Internet = ?" (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=127849.0)

Ok ill leave it there but if you need more inspiration i highly recommend this interview with trace mayer (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYHALDuV0UQ)

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
Fcx35x10 (OP)

View Profile
December 05, 2012, 01:00:38 AM

Wow thanks for pointing out a direction! I should be able to manage this. I'll throw in additional information I come across too  Smiley
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
December 05, 2012, 01:31:43 AM

you're welcome!

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2012, 08:48:28 AM

Entitle it: Tax Avoidance - Not just for the rich anymore

Cheesy
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2012, 03:28:44 PM

of course in the introduction explain that it allows the sending of funds from any one person to any other person instantly and anonymously across great distances for free with out being forced to trust an intermediary.

I suggest using the word anonymous(ly) only once in you paper with a 2/3 word disclaimer in parentheses following the word anonymous. It'll be just enough to whet the readings imagination, hopefully desiring him/her to learn more, e.g., "bitcoin allows the extension of markets to places that were previously unmarketable."

~Bruno K~
Fcx35x10 (OP)

View Profile
December 05, 2012, 03:40:54 PM

Entitle it: Tax Avoidance - Not just for the rich anymore

Cheesy

Lol awesome title. i'll take it into consideration

I suggest using the word anonymous(ly) only once in you paper with a 2/3 word disclaimer in parentheses following the word anonymous. It'll be just enough to whet the readings imagination, hopefully desiring him/her to learn more, e.g., "bitcoin allows the extension of markets to places that were previously unmarketable."

~Bruno K~

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind too
munizedward

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 09:59:44 AM
Last edit: November 17, 2014, 10:50:24 AM by munizedward

It is not that easy to find recommended essay writing service companies that suit the demands of the clients. There are certain aspects that you have to pay attention to when you go after findingcustom essay writing service. First, find out whether they provide you free draft. Secondly, identify the services keeps the guarantees they provide by going through the experienced customers feedback. Finally, find out the service provides the customers revisions on their demand.
katebr

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 11:56:13 AM

What would you think should be the 3 main points to discuss to get the reader to look into using alternative decentralized currency?

Something about that crypto-currencies are a new form of money that are being used to buy products and services anonymously online. This online money isn't tied to a currency, called fiat currencies, or controlled by a government. Bitcoins and other altcoins, which are types of crypto-currency, are tax free and have no transaction fees. Every transaction is recorded by a ledger; however, every exchange of currency is anonymous. Online, you want to protect your identity, which makes Bitcoins the perfect currency for transactions on the internet. You wouldn't want to give a stranger on the Internet your credit card information or even your name.
And also how it was created should be mentioned. If you need an assistance take a look at https://essays-king.com/
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: