Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 01:01:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ethereum Classic ETC on Coinbase?  (Read 343 times)
JanpriX

Activity: 1708
Merit: 606

Buy The F*cking Dip

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 11:40:07 PM

A deleted tweet from last month which could explain the current pump?

From the news and different articles that I read, it appears that the current pump that we are seeing right now is due to the airdrop that has been scheduled to be given to those who hold ETC in their wallets. We already experienced this kind of pump with this same coin when it facilitated its first airdrop few months back. Take note that after the airdrop, the price of it crashed hard as people sold their ETC after receiving the free token. So expect the same thing will happen again.

To comment on the screenshot that you provided, I think it is impossible right now. Coinbase didn't support the ETC chain last year and I think they will not change their mind now. Don't make something big out of that tweet. Well, if it is indeed true, then ETC will soar even higher in the coming days.  Roll Eyes
abulia

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 12:11:40 AM

I don't really understand why coinbase would support Ethereum classic, except maybe because its easy since they already support ethereum...

It even sounds like from the tweet people will need to increase their interest in ETC a lot before they would add it. Decred isn't even on Coinbase and it has tons more users.
Sanu Simon

Activity: 215
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 01:06:50 AM

Ethereum classic has been growing good and recently it has crossed $40. Getting listed to more exchanges will surely contribute to the growth of the same. The upcoming hardfork with airdrops scheduled for March 5 will surely add more value to ethereum classic.
bayupermana

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 01:57:12 AM

I don't really understand why coinbase would support Ethereum classic, except maybe because its easy since they already support ethereum...

It even sounds like from the tweet people will need to increase their interest in ETC a lot before they would add it. Decred isn't even on Coinbase and it has tons more users.
ETC actually has a good potiental on payment and it's being accepted in many website . the nearest is paybear . With a growing in amount of transaction.
So that's why Coinbase made a unofficial decision to add ETC in to the system not other coins.
BTW this adjustment is a good news for people who does own ETC.
devollito

Activity: 560
Merit: 217

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 05:22:48 AM

No its not about coinbase will list it but it is getting pumped hard because of the hard fork and as usual people fomo buying to get free new coin. And that new coin can be staked. If we saw to coinmarketcap coin which using staking system getting popular nowadays it is not takes very much resources. And also ethereum classic have strong support by its community.
btcmegastar

Activity: 700
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 05:30:24 AM

Ethereum classic has been growing good and recently it has crossed $40. Getting listed to more exchanges will surely contribute to the growth of the same. The upcoming hardfork with airdrops scheduled for March 5 will surely add more value to ethereum classic.

Not only hard fork and Airdrop, right there is the lot of hype creating in the ETC blockchain because very soon ETH blockchain in converting to POS. So miners will start mining ETC, many people will shift from ETH to ETC.
Sephire

Activity: 700
Merit: 136

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 05:44:18 AM

Not really about coinbase addition but the upcoming fork is the most likely reason for the current rise
that should continue into the fork date.
Serg22

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 04:59:50 PM

I don't see a reason for such growth and demand for ETC other than the upcoming fork in March. They all want to earn, this is normal.
vlad06

Activity: 537
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 05:05:34 PM

Not before XRP I'm telling you.
longwintershere

Activity: 224
Merit: 1

“Revolutionizing Brokerage of Personal Data”

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 05:08:01 PM

A deleted tweet from last month which could explain the current pump?

wow that would make the price to skyrocket! time to buy some etc? I guess so. Did anyone try to double check if that is truly genuine deleted tweet or only some fake pump attempt?

TRADE YOUR DATA   ●    PDATA TOKEN    ●   ─── OPIRIA.IO ───
██████████       [   PRE-SALE     April 10th ]       ██████████
jashley

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 05:12:55 PM

Not only hard fork and Airdrop, right there is the lot of hype creating in the ETC blockchain because very soon ETH blockchain in converting to POS. So miners will start mining ETC, many people will shift from ETH to ETC.

Yes and it's starting now because mining ETC has zero fees that's why ETC was start to pump but it's only the start wait until March or April because ETC will reach it's new ATH. Great team behind of it and they are really working fine now and I hope they will accomplish their goal because I'm all in for ETC.

GLOBAL CRYPTO OFFERING EXCHANGE                               
RISE ABOVE!   WHERE POPULARITY IS IMMORTALIZED
╚               ▶ Twitter         ▶ Facebook         ▶ Youtube         ▶ WHhitepaper               ╝
Bencus

Activity: 265

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 10:56:00 PM

I find it unlikely. Not even Ripple made it into coinbase, why would ETC be the one? I cant really see the reason, ETC does not have that great of a volume which might be interesting for Coinbase.
So I'd say false. Not gonna happen soon.
jashley

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 05:48:11 PM

ETC actually has a good potiental on payment and it's being accepted in many website . the nearest is paybear . With a growing in amount of transaction.
So that's why Coinbase made a unofficial decision to add ETC in to the system not other coins.
BTW this adjustment is a good news for people who does own ETC.

Well if this one have been official announcement by Coinbase possible ETC will hit $1k this year so easily and that's very good for all ETC holders including me. May the luck be with us. ETC to the moon.

GLOBAL CRYPTO OFFERING EXCHANGE                               
RISE ABOVE!   WHERE POPULARITY IS IMMORTALIZED
╚               ▶ Twitter         ▶ Facebook         ▶ Youtube         ▶ WHhitepaper               ╝
goyald2801

Activity: 252
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 06:49:19 PM

first we heard info about fork in march which will give some free callisto coin ,
since then people are shilling each n every news about etc and price got pumped and still will pump more .
but there is no solid reason why coinbase should list it .
bitcoinzen

Activity: 420

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 07:40:35 PM

CoinBase created lot of FOMO news and they are wanted to pump the coins to peak but technically speaking ETC have lot of potentials because of hard fork and new updates and new upgrades
aamirsuh

Activity: 686
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 11:34:04 PM

Etc is one of the oldest projects of this market. It's a really solid project. The very good development of Ethereum leaves the ETC a little shady. Maybe the ETC can change this situation this year.
jhontwis

Activity: 756
Merit: 104

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 11:41:48 PM

ETC is in the air with fork news. The price started to move upward. The price will increase significantly with different stock market entry. I have to decide very well the time to live.
bitcoinzen

Activity: 420

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 07:14:05 PM

Sooner or later Etc will be listed in Coinbase . Coin base is looking for right time better price to introduce ETC they are looking all events happening in and around etc development team expected positive move in coming days
Vegan97

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

Short BTC at: https://www.bitmex.com/register/spz2

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2018, 02:57:22 PM

Any chance that coinbase lists ETC?

If they don't add ripple, ETC would be the most appropriate for the next lsiting, IMO.

────────  Catholic Coin  ──────── ❤  
DECENTRALIZED CHARITY & NON-PROFIT PLATFORM
────────  Whitepaper ⬝  Twitter ⬝  Telegram ⬝   Facebook ⬝  Ann Thread ⬝  Bounty ⬝  Donate  ──────── ❤  Join token Pre-ICO
tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3962
Merit: 1419

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 10:33:00 AM

Any chance that coinbase lists ETC?

If they don't add ripple, ETC would be the most appropriate for the next lsiting, IMO.

I heard it's Tron that's pushing hard to get listed on Coinbase.  But you can't really rely on the TRX community tho.  They took hyping on a whole new level.  Lololol.  Even Justin Sun's announcement that he would make an announcement' would pump TRX.  Cheesy

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████