Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 11:29:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Announcing #TweetForumTweets (developers wanted)  (Read 2273 times)
Giraffe.BC (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 16, 2011, 06:55:24 PM

As many of you know, Twitter is a popular new web 2.0 interface that allows people to read and post web 2.0 content from a variety of mobile devices, including phones and computers. 

"Twitter allows users the ability to update their profile by using their mobile phone either by text messaging or by apps released for certain smartphones / tablets.[46]

In a 2009 Time essay, technology author Steven Johnson described the basic mechanics of Twitter as "remarkably simple:"[47]

As a social network, Twitter revolves around the principle of followers. When you choose to follow another Twitter user, that user's tweets appear in reverse chronological order on your main Twitter page. If you follow 20 people, you'll see a mix of tweets scrolling down the page: breakfast-cereal updates, interesting new links, music recommendations, even musings on the future of education."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twitter

I have an idea for a twitter feed to create a web 2.0 style interface to one of Bitcoins' hottest new forums, TweetForum.com.  The idea would be to automatically take topics from there and convert them to 140 character messages or "tweets" and automatically send them to followers of the feed.  Every once in a while, we would also "tweet" a Bitcoin payment address for people who like our feed to give us donations to pay for expenses. 

I'm looking for developers to write the software to automatically take the forum topics and convert them into "tweets".  Payment will be in the form of shares of any Bitcoin donations we receive from our followers.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
PinkiePie

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

GROUNDED FOR TROLLING

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2011, 08:59:11 PM

It's hilarious watching all the haters trying to leech off Vegetta's ideas, but I doubt he is afraid of a little competition.  You may have an idea, but he already has a working site and 50,000 followers.

--
MOST HONEST FORUM MEMBER AWARD 2011
Cross my heart and hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye!
digigalt

Activity: 58

View Profile
July 16, 2011, 09:25:20 PM

It's hilarious watching all the haters trying to leech off Vegetta's ideas, but I doubt he is afraid of a little competition.  You may have an idea, but he already has a working site and 50,000 followers.

Then why are nearly half the posts on his forum made by him?
PinkiePie

GROUNDED FOR TROLLING

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2011, 10:24:26 PM

How many posts does #TweetForumTweets have?  Oh, right. Roll Eyes

--
Chick

View Profile
July 16, 2011, 11:42:00 PM

As many of you know, Twitter is a popular new web 2.0 interface that allows people to read and post web 2.0 content from a variety of mobile devices, including phones and computers. 

"Twitter allows users the ability to update their profile by using their mobile phone either by text messaging or by apps released for certain smartphones / tablets.[46]

In a 2009 Time essay, technology author Steven Johnson described the basic mechanics of Twitter as "remarkably simple:"[47]

As a social network, Twitter revolves around the principle of followers. When you choose to follow another Twitter user, that user's tweets appear in reverse chronological order on your main Twitter page. If you follow 20 people, you'll see a mix of tweets scrolling down the page: breakfast-cereal updates, interesting new links, music recommendations, even musings on the future of education."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twitter

I have an idea for a twitter feed to create a web 2.0 style interface to one of Bitcoins' hottest new forums, TweetForum.com.  The idea would be to automatically take topics from there and convert them to 140 character messages or "tweets" and automatically send them to followers of the feed.  Every once in a while, we would also "tweet" a Bitcoin payment address for people who like our feed to give us donations to pay for expenses. 

I'm looking for developers to write the software to automatically take the forum topics and convert them into "tweets".  Payment will be in the form of shares of any Bitcoin donations we receive from our followers.

Its not new, its been around for 5 years.

Just write up a bot and scrape the content, then stream them up to the Twitter api.

JeffK

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

I never hashed for this...

View Profile
July 17, 2011, 12:03:27 AM

How many posts does #TweetForumTweets have?  Oh, right. Roll Eyes

One post on #TweetForumTweets by one non-forums owner would be more than Vegetta has.

Also we are proposing paradigm-shifting world-chaning software, where all he has is a free forums software that reposts topics to twitter. I think my 4-year-old accidentally created something exactly like that yesterday when he spilled juice on his parent's keyboard, only the CSS looked a little different - at least he might sell an ad though.
PinkiePie

GROUNDED FOR TROLLING

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2011, 12:33:57 AM

Its easy to say you could have come up with a brilliant idea like Veggeta did but here we are and instead we are talking about how to build another level of integration on top of his work.  Theirs nothing wrong with building on what came before, that's how innovation happens, but it's just poor taste to not give some respect to the originator too. Angry

--
digigalt

Activity: 58

View Profile
July 17, 2011, 12:49:24 AM

Its easy to say you could have come up with a brilliant idea like Veggeta did but here we are and instead we are talking about how to build another level of integration on top of his work.  Theirs nothing wrong with building on what came before, that's how innovation happens, but it's just poor taste to not give some respect to the originator too. Angry

Why does Vegetta's idea deserve respect? If you even visited TweetForum, you'd know that over 50% of the posts on the site are by him. There's nothing even remotely successful about a forum where half the content is created by the administrator.
PinkiePie

GROUNDED FOR TROLLING

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2011, 12:57:09 AM

If its so bad why is the OP trying to build on top of it?   I think you guys just have a bunch of negative energy here and nothing to contribute.   People like Veggeta and Giraffe.BC are innovators, you just have hot air.

--
bosschair

Activity: 110

View Profile
July 17, 2011, 02:47:09 AM

OP, I am looking forward to this but I see that the obvious next step is that people are going to need a place to talk about your tweets about tweetforum.  That is why I propose setting up a forum in which to discuss them.  My site will be available at TweetForumTweetsForum.com in the next couple of weeks.  The tagline will be, "TweetForumTweetsForum, the Forum for Followers of Tweets About The Forum Which Tweets About News Headlines.  Tweet!"
JeffK

Activity: 350

I never hashed for this...

View Profile
July 17, 2011, 03:32:35 AM

If its so bad why is the OP trying to build on top of it?   I think you guys just have a bunch of negative energy here and nothing to contribute.   People like Veggeta and Giraffe.BC are innovators, you just have hot air.

In that case, maybe we would be best off working with vegeta to improve his project. I'll PM him but if he offers me anything below 10BTC/hour I won't do it
Giraffe.BC (OP)

Activity: 28

View Profile
July 17, 2011, 04:03:15 AM

Thank you!  It's nice to see someone who understands how hard it is to come up with something original, only to have critics try to tear it down.
Xenland
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1003

I'm not just any shaman, I'm a Sha256man

View Profile
July 18, 2011, 06:22:24 PM

To OP Tweetforum is already in the process of doing bigger things such as integrating with AP news API for instant streaming of news as well as other major news corporations. They already have a paid-to-post program for bitcoiners and even tho its just SMF with mods tweetforum is overhauling all the coding and creating their own custom CMS by scratch from start to finish. Nice idea, but vegetta got there first, You are welcome to contribute tho. Smiley
RandyFolds

Activity: 448

View Profile
July 20, 2011, 02:52:03 AM

It is absolutely unbelievable that this is going over so many people's heads. Sad, really...

Giraffe, bosschair; I will contribute my services as shill in the forums. This is gonna be huge.
Xenland
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1003

I'm not just any shaman, I'm a Sha256man

View Profile
July 20, 2011, 03:40:17 AM

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: