Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 06:34:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Here comes the CHINESE NEW YEAR!  (Read 302 times)
zurc (OP)

Activity: 275
Merit: 100

SOKOS.io

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 12:33:49 PM
Last edit: February 15, 2018, 09:02:52 AM by zurc

So, what would be the effect of Chinese New Year in the market on Feb 16? Any thoughts? Is it a big deal?

Edited

tegarp90

Activity: 546

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 12:54:55 PM

did you mean 16 feb ? i think it will affect so much, every year since 2014 chinese lunar new year always affect the market, march will be a bullish month
LegendaryBrownie

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 12:58:57 PM

So, what would be the effect of Chinese New Year in the market on Feb 6? Any thoughts? Is it big deal?

Maybe it will make it higher since it is one of the major events which alot of people was influenced with chinese culture (mostly asian countries). I guess it might have moderate changes unlike the Christmas or New Year holiday thing.
Socioman

Activity: 224

The revolutionary trading ecosystem

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2018, 01:00:55 PM

did you mean 16 feb ? i think it will affect so much, every year since 2014 chinese lunar new year always affect the market, march will be a bullish month

I also think that March will begin a slow growth of bitcoin. The Chinese will begin to return their money to the market. By the way, today the dogecoin started to grow in price. Not that the Chinese decided to buy it for good luck. It is symbolic for this year to buy a little doge  Grin

xieqieshangu9

Activity: 126

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 01:02:53 PM

Chinese New Year is February 16th!

The market continues to grow from the recent point of view!

Although the growth is slow, I think that after the New Year in China, people will return to work during the holidays, and the market will
mammothine

Activity: 117

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 01:06:02 PM

Why tho?
Thecryptocurrency09

Activity: 346

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 01:07:28 PM

So, what would be the effect of Chinese New Year in the market on Feb 6? Any thoughts? Is it big deal?

The day of Chinese' s New Year this 2018 is on its 16th, right? Anyways, as to relate it to bitcoin, this could or couldn't affect the state of bitcoin just like any other occasions. But what differ on Chinese New Year is that the main man, people, of this event are very great influencers of bitcoin. So probably there may be a gradual move on its price.
svetochka.yakovleva.93

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 01:07:34 PM

I'm certainly happy for the Chinese and their prazniki, but the Europeans had a decline less than the Chinese, a feeling that it is not only the new year in China, but also another news background, that is expected, of course, the passage of all the holidays ...!
peter0425

Activity: 2688
Merit: 447

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 02:37:45 PM

Let's see how it goes. There's a lot of members who are very positive (including me) that it can bring good jibes around the market price. Oops, just saw that price breaking the $9K barrier now.  Grin

Maybe you guys really can foresee the future.  Cheesy

The day of Chinese' s New Year this 2018 is on its 16th, right? Anyways, as to relate it to bitcoin, this could or couldn't affect the state of bitcoin just like any other occasions. But what differ on Chinese New Year is that the main man, people, of this event are very great influencers of bitcoin. So probably there may be a gradual move on its price.

History suggest that after the Chinese Lunar New Year, our Chinese investors are ready and willing to flock and pour their cash in the ecosystem. Perhaps they wanted to earn back money after spending it during the holidays. It only makes sense, as crypto trading / investing is one sure method of gaining profits in short or long term basis.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
Pan Troglodytes

Activity: 392
Merit: 39

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 03:26:30 PM

Definitely the end of the year and Christmas was a great time for bitcoin, and year after year that pattern prevails both in crypto world and in stock prices too.

For stock and bonds it is related to investment founds considering the end of the year as the very last moment to show investors they make profits, so they make changes to their portfolio at that time.

For Bitcoin I am still guessing what may be the mechanism behind it.

As bitcoin is more of a global phenomenon, every year something similar is happening for the Chinese New Year. I am not so well acquainted with the asian culture so I am not aware what may be the mechanisms behind it, but this year definitely I am expecting it to happen again too.
Notcalculator

Activity: 196
Merit: 12

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 03:33:03 PM

I dont think it will be much of an impact. Especially since, all the recently regulations in Asia have put btc in bad light. Besides, if there's going to be a a massive change in price it would have happened already during the start of feb. I could be wrong though, in the end there's really too much factor to tell Sad

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
nightxglow

Activity: 700
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 03:34:13 PM

I think chinese new year will surely help to improve the market.
People will have lots of money, and they will buy bitcoin then.
I planned to buy bitcoin as well, since when cny, my relatives will give me money, and rather than spending it uselessly, i better invest it in bitcoin and help the market to becomes better.
I hope many people buy more bitcoin so the price will slowly recover.

█████████████████████████████
██████▀ ▀███████████▀ ▀██████
████▀ ▄█▄ ▀███████▀ ▄█▄ ▀████
███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███
█████▄ ▀████▄ ▀ ▄████▀ ▄█████
███████▄ ▀████▄ ▀██▀ ▄███████
█████████  █████ ████████████
███████▀ ▄████▀ ▄██▄ ▀███████
█████▀ ▄████▀ ▄ ▀████▄ ▀█████
███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███
████▄ ▀█▀ ▄███████▄ ▀█▀ ▄████
██████▄ ▄███████████▄ ▄██████
█████████████████████████████
..XIRCUS..                       ▄████▄
    ▄███▄              ██████
    █████             ▀████▀
     ▀▀▀ ▀▄         ▄▀
           ▄█████▄
           █████████
           █████████
           ▀█████▀
         ▄▀    █    ▀▄ ▄▄
       ▄▀      █      ████
▄████▄     ▄█████▄   ▀██▀
██████      ███████
 ▀▀▀▀       ▀█████▀
||
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
SUDARMONO

Activity: 504

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 03:35:28 PM

mostly if chinese new year it's a lot of chinese people who have bitcoin they pull it into flaf money and it causes bitcoin prices to drop, and I hope after the Chinese New Year finish bitcoin prices could rise soar to the moon again.
Crypto Jaga

Activity: 75
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 03:36:10 PM

I dont think Chinese new year would bring huge fluctuations in prices (I mean increases), but I would think after it, prices of cryptocurrency (not just bitcoin, but altcoins too) will steadily go up, and then probably from April, prices will start to increase significantly, and might hit new ATHs around May~June, but that seems a long-time in cryptos, so cannot guess much at this time.
Wicked17

Activity: 476
Merit: 107

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 03:37:22 PM

You got typo, chinese new year is february 16. Anyway as i am seeing the market goes now since last week, its slowly climbing back on top now, already at 9000 $ ++ per bitcoin. I think it was a good signs and good vibes also for us believers that this might be the start of comeback.

Borisov

Activity: 336

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 03:46:45 PM

Everyone is waiting for it to end and bitcoin will soar in price, as the Chinese will join with renewed vigor!  This would be too predictable, I think the price will go up now, and the news background around bitcoin will only be positive!
Nebell

Activity: 406
Merit: 104

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 04:18:24 PM

Here's some info for you:

Chinese attributed to 70% of Bitcoin trade (BTC-Yuan). After the ban, it's about 1%.
I'd say if there's a change, it won't be significant.

BitcoinZ - community driven, no premine, no dev-tax, developers always welcome
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3086664
https://btcz.rocks/
thaitea.deluxe

Activity: 70

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 04:21:09 PM

Not yet dude, chinese new year is on Feb 16  Grin
But i think it is affecting the bitcoin and other cryptos if chinese new year has passed.
but not much i think
Borisov

Activity: 336

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 10:23:48 AM

Yesterday, the Chinese new year came, and the cryptocurrency market began to improve significantly (turn green) . Perhaps the Chinese give gifts to each other with bitcoin and altcoins ?))
Babyboy423

Activity: 77

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 02:58:19 PM

So, what would be the effect of Chinese New Year in the market on Feb 16? Any thoughts? Is it a big deal?

Edited

I think its true that chinese new year has a big effect at cryptocurrency Because Asian countries specially in china , account for a huge portion of crypto trading. but   i think later this month, the Chinese people will venture again into investments, including cryptocurrencies, because of the following signs in their calendar and since Chinese people are believers of their zodiac. Bitcoin is going to rise again, no matter if China and other countries banned crypto exchanges.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: