Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:31:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Lets Break The QuestionAuthority NOW !!!  (Read 1146 times)
athanz88 (OP)

Activity: 476
Merit: 359

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 12:34:53 PM
Last edit: February 15, 2018, 06:11:47 AM by athanz88
Merited by joniboini (10), Vod (6), EFS (5), sapta (5), irfan_pak10 (4), AngelSky (4), dbshck (3), webtricks (3), mprep (2), roycilik (2), TheQuin (1), poptok1 (1), btcton (1), xiboothrezi (1), Bolt Brownie (1), vlad230 (1), vendy86 (1), bjmpoker001 (1)

Chill guys, it is me again, athan88, if you enter this thread please read until the end before doing anything.

As i said chill, what i mean was "Lets Break Up The QuestionAuthority Merits Giving Activity" as He/She/It is the most generous merit giver right now.

As we know, Measurement Entity of Readable and Interesting/Intelectual Talks (that is how i see MERIT in case you cant see my bolded letter) was implemented on 24 January 2018 (or 25 January 2018 i forgot) and the implementation brings a lot of feelings ( you can see how people feels about merit in my topic https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2822349.msg28909933#msg28909933) , actions, and new threads on meta section. Some of members think it as a positive solution and some think otherwise. There are lot of members who think they wont get merit easily, yes of course it wont be easy but it is not an impossible task too. So with this statistics that i got from looking and gathering data from QuestionAuthority merit page, i hope it can change their perspective to be more positive into this merit system, as this system just only running for about 2 weeks 3 days. So lets look into it.

(Statistics made based on QuestionAuthority merit page, February 14, 2018, 10:06:25 AM)

If you want the numbers of merit per rank that has been given by QuestionAuthority, here it is :

Newbie           : 3 merits                       Full Member            : 328 merits                    
Jr. Member      : 13 merits                     Senior Member        : 147 merits
Member          : 86 merits                     Hero Member          : 303 merits                          Total : 907 merits

So from this two statistic of QuestionAuthority merit activity, i (and you can too) can conclude some things like :
Quote from: my conclusion
1. Merit is given to all ranks, even though the Newbie and Jr. Member doesnt get a lot, they dont need merit too much in the early time ( newbie --> jr.member doesnt need merit, Jr.member --> Member only needs 10) , and look at member ranks, it starts to get a lot of merit, and so on for the next rank and it decrease again in legendary rank. I conclude that this is the great pattern for merit distribution, because each rank needs different merits to rank up.
2. Merit is given to not only in popular and special board. Bitcoin discussion is the top board that this person/bot  Roll Eyes gives merits at. Invites and Account at second because QuestionAuthority made a thread for rewarding a good poster, but He/She/It gives merit to the merit request post instead of giving merit to the post which the link has been given by the requester. I guess this kind of thread can help worthy people to rank up, you can join His/Her/Its thread at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2827596.0
3. If you look closely, people have their own active time to give merit, so if you want to increase the chances of getting merit, try to make a good post on their active time.

So, with this statistic, do you guys still feel the sMerit is not given accurately? I know that QuestionAuthority is the number 1 giver right now and not all people are like him/her/this bot  Roll Eyes, but later people will be at his position and this man/woman/bot  Roll Eyes will even give a lot more, merit will always be dynamic object, and of course the number distributed will be increasing in the future, give it time (its not even 3 weeks) and better stop whining and start increasing our quality so the potential merit giver acknowledge our posts.
I dont know if QuestionAuthority do it intentionally or not, but the best thing to adopt from this statistic for all people that can give merits is the giving pattern based on people rank, and i hope people can adopt the pattern.

Feel free to comment and discuss about it below. Thanks guys !

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 2456

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2018, 12:41:15 PM

If over half the merit points are going to the frog pond and invites, then the merit system isn't working.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
athanz88 (OP)

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 01:16:54 PM
Last edit: February 14, 2018, 02:13:12 PM by athanz88

If over half the merit points are going to the frog pond and invites, then the merit system isn't working.

QuestionAuthority made a thread in Invest&Account Board to give merit to people who can show him/her/it 10-20 good posts, instead of giving merit to the original post of the requester, he/she/it merrited the "request post", and some meritted on one of their post on bitcoin discussion, thats is why the number is big on that 2 board. I guess it is an acceptable moves because QuestionAuthority already reviewed the users' posts.
TheQuin

Activity: 2576
Merit: 882

Freebitco.in Support https://bit.ly/2I9BVS2

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2018, 01:19:28 PM

Maybe he is actually finding quality posts deep within the frog pond? The reason Invites & Accounts is so heavily represented is that is where his thread is. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2827596

Anyone who has spent the time to read that thread will know that QuestionAuthority is a shining example of how to make this work.

freebitcoin.TO WIN A  LAMBORGHINI!..

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
                    ▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
                    ▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
                    ▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
                      ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
                           ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
athanz88 (OP)

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 01:21:02 PM
Last edit: February 14, 2018, 01:43:12 PM by athanz88

Maybe he is actually finding quality posts deep within the frog pond? The reason Invites & Accounts is so heavily represented is that is where his thread is. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2827596

Anyone who has spent the time to read that thread will know that QuestionAuthority is a shining example of how to make this work.

Yeah thats why, i already answered it and already stated his/her/its thread in my conclusion. In fact, i already ask QuestionAuthority permission to break up his merit activity.
athanz88 (OP)

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 02:09:26 PM

Totally Wrong:
1. He Evaluates your posts and gives 20 points merit based on that.
2. He gives you 20 points on your post in "invites and accounts" to be a reference that this user has rated his posts.
3. He said that he did not know the right place for his publication and I saw theymos hanging over him "theymos Satisfied about that place".
4. What he does is a part of work as a source of merit and we must help in that.

Please read closely on what i have post, i totally wrote that QuestionAuthority did give merits like that and i dont think it is a wrong thing since he/she/it already read the poster's post.

Quote from: my conclusion
1. Merit is given to all ranks, even though the Newbie and Jr. Member doesnt get a lot, they dont need merit too much in the early time ( newbie --> jr.member doesnt need merit, Jr.member --> Member only needs 10) , and look at member ranks, it starts to get a lot of merit, and so on for the next rank and it decrease again in legendary rank. I conclude that this is the great pattern for merit distribution, because each rank needs different merits to rank up.
2. Merit is given to not only in popular and special board. Bitcoin discussion is the top board that this person/bot  Roll Eyes gives merits at. Invites and Account at second because QuestionAuthority made a thread for rewarding a good poster, but He/She/It gives merit to the merit request post instead of giving merit to the post which the link has been given by the requester. I guess this kind of thread can help worthy people to rank up, you can join His/Her/Its thread at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2827596.0
3. If you look closely, people have their own active time to give merit, so if you want to increase the chances of getting merit, try to make a good post on their active time.

and this too

QuestionAuthority made a thread in Invest&Account Board to give merit to people who can show him/her/it 10-20 good posts, instead of giving merit to the original post of the requester, he/she/it merrited the "request post", and some meritted on one of their post on bitcoin discussion, thats is why the number is big on that 2 board. I guess it is an acceptable moves because QuestionAuthority already reviewed the users' posts.

Please to minimize the misunderstanding, use quote feature, it shows which person you want to reply with your post.

QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 04:10:56 PM
Merited by Panthers52 (20), djangocoin (2)

Wow, that’s pretty detailed. I don’t think there’s any hiding that I’m a merit source now. LOL

I’m giving away merit because it’s supposed to be given away. Even when I’m no longer a source I will still always give away everything that I have because that’s what merit is for. Merit is not bitcoin it can’t be sold and shouldn’t be horded.

Every Legendary member received nearly 200 merit at the beginning of this system so I should be seeing more people in the stats page with over 100 merit given. If you’re all waiting to give merit to Ralph Waldo Emerson or Henry David Thoreau type posts then you are never going to give it away and you’re helping the forum fail to control the one thing I’ve seen you all bitch about.

I’m giving away merit to help everyone rank up except shit posters that are only here to make money. It doesn’t matter what section you post in or what you say as long as it’s a productive discussion.

I also give away merit for two other reasons. If the subject should have more exposure I give it merit. That means more people should know about it for some reason (in other words it can help them). I also give merit to highlight important topics that might be difficult for some people to find. I was going to highlight the thread explaining activity but I saw that someone already did.

Everyone should be giving merit to people participating in discussions all over the forum all the time. Even if someone disagrees with you and argues with you give them merit because they’re doing something other than posting one stupid line to rank up.

athanz88 (OP)

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 05:35:22 AM

Wow, that’s pretty detailed. I don’t think there’s any hiding that I’m a merit source now. LOL

I’m giving away merit because it’s supposed to be given away. Even when I’m no longer a source I will still always give away everything that I have because that’s what merit is for. Merit is not bitcoin it can’t be sold and shouldn’t be horded.

Every Legendary member received nearly 200 merit at the beginning of this system so I should be seeing more people in the stats page with over 100 merit given. If you’re all waiting to give merit to Ralph Waldo Emerson or Henry David Thoreau type posts then you are never going to give it away and you’re helping the forum fail to control the one thing I’ve seen you all bitch about.

I’m giving away merit to help everyone rank up except shit posters that are only here to make money. It doesn’t matter what section you post in or what you say as long as it’s a productive discussion.

I also give away merit for two other reasons. If the subject should have more exposure I give it merit. That means more people should know about it for some reason (in other words it can help them). I also give merit to highlight important topics that might be difficult for some people to find. I was going to highlight the thread explaining activity but I saw that someone already did.

Everyone should be giving merit to people participating in discussions all over the forum all the time. Even if someone disagrees with you and argues with you give them merit because they’re doing something other than posting one stupid line to rank up.

I guess everyone already know you are a source after you spend about 500 sMerits hehe.

Yeah, i agree with you, sMerits should be given to a great post which brings a productive discussion in every section, and there is nothing good happens by holding up merits, in fact i want to give merits too and make something like your thread in the future if i have enough merits.

Is there anything that i can add  to stimulate other newbie to be more positive?
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 07:09:01 AM

I guess everyone already know you are a source after you spend about 500 sMerits hehe.

Yeah, i agree with you, sMerits should be given to a great post which brings a productive discussion in every section, and there is nothing good happens by holding up merits, in fact i want to give merits too and make something like your thread in the future if i have enough merits.

Is there anything that i can add  to stimulate other newbie to be more positive?

I can’t think of anything. It seems most of the new people came here with very little knowledge and only to chase a quick profit. Gone are the members of the cypherpunks mailing list, cryptography nerds, rebel open source coders, anarchists and libertarians. Welcome in the complacent, conformist money hungry abusers of the system created by the group that came before them. There are still good people here. Just support them when you have the opportunity.

athanz88 (OP)

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 07:47:31 AM
Last edit: February 15, 2018, 10:26:11 AM by athanz88

I can’t think of anything. It seems most of the new people came here with very little knowledge and only to chase a quick profit. Gone are the members of the cypherpunks mailing list, cryptography nerds, rebel open source coders, anarchists and libertarians. Welcome in the complacent, conformist money hungry abusers of the system created by the group that came before them. There are still good people here. Just support them when you have the opportunity.

I will try to do my best and when i earn some, i will follow your way and make 1 thread to give merits to people who is worthy enough and need it. And maybe you can invite your friends to see the statistics of yours and pointing out your pattern of giving merit based on rank which i think it is well diversed, and if others follow the pattern, i guess the worthy people will have no problem to rank up.
athanz88 (OP)

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 12:48:52 PM

Is it considered an "okay" moves to make a merit giveaway in this thread and in meta section? but only for newbie and jr.member, and the reward is not that big but it could really help users of newbie and jr. member ranks. I want to follow some of higher member ranks with their merit points although i have only a bit of sMerits.
yojodojo21

Activity: 420
Merit: 171

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 08:09:50 AM

as you have explained things clearly. (grading for 99.9 out of 100%)  theymos already collected more merits even if he doesn't need it. HAHA. and i have seen a post from admin theymos that there will be a reward to the person who received merits the most.  i forgot where did i saw that thread. Hope to see updates from it.
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 2456

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2018, 10:07:10 AM

I think that is bad for the forum for this reason.

Merit is supposed to be awarded to encourage good posting, and to provide examples to other members. Awarding a begging post rather than the correct post, not only gives the impression that begging is good, but it doesn't provide the good examples for other members. I appreciate that it's hard when one is awarding for multiple posts, but imho it would be better to award the best post, rather than the begging post.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
TheQuin

Activity: 2576
Merit: 882

Freebitco.in Support https://bit.ly/2I9BVS2

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2018, 10:16:59 AM

Merit is supposed to be awarded to encourage good posting, and to provide examples to other members. Awarding a begging post rather than the correct post, not only gives the impression that begging is good, but it doesn't provide the good examples for other members. I appreciate that it's hard when one is awarding for multiple posts, but imho it would be better to award the best post, rather than the begging post.

That is rather missing the reason QA started his thread. He felt that the way merits were initially distributed based only on rank was unfair to higher ranked members who were just about to rank up. Someone like myself who was only a few weeks away from becoming a Hero member was put back to exactly the same position as someone who had only just become a Sr Member.

theymos gave this reply:

I agree with this approach. I considered giving merit proportional to activity, but I decided not to because doing so would probably give far more undeserved merit than deserved merit in total. But undoubtedly some people got screwed by this, and if they have decent posts, by all means, give them the 250 or 500 merit that they need to rank-up.

I also agree with the idea of (free) "reviewer" topics in general, for finding high-quality posts that went unnoticed. Barcode_ created one in the Chinese section, as well.

I think that giving out 20 merit to give those people a leg up based on the posts they already made before the system was introduced is a way of addressing an unfairness and has nothing to do with begging.

freebitcoin.TO WIN A  LAMBORGHINI!..

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
                    ▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
                    ▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
                    ▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
                      ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
                           ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Steamtyme
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 2036

Betnomi.com Sportsbook, Casino and Poker

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2018, 07:41:06 PM

I get what your saying. I was on the fence about posting in threads offering Merit to quality posters, but I bit the bullet and now do it when I see the opportunity. Most of my posts are to troubleshoot and help people it's what I find interesting. Unfortunately that did not result in much merit going my way as most of them are new and in need of assistance. They either didn't have Merit or don't hand it out. Who knows why people do what they do.

Yes I wear Sigs, but I'm not trying to rank up for a bigger payday, I guess I like the idea of hitting SR Member and wearing it like a badge. Vain I know but I can't help it. I really only started wearing Sigs when I realized I could gain a bit of coin to supplement my mining; while doing what I was already doing.

My take on the Merit I received from Question Authority is that if someone sees what I was given and reviews the posts I put in that reply or their reply to me. They then have a nice lump of Quality posts to use as 1 example of a way to earn Merit.

Since the system came into play I have tried to branch out into some of the less useful sections ( My personal opinion) even got into a few jokey convos with people. It's just not what I use this Forum for.

Either way rambling over. I respect your opinion but also see the benefits in the way Merit was awarded.

░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄
░░▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
███▀░░░░░░░░░░▀█▀█
███░░░▄██████▄▄░░░██
░░░░░█████████░░░░██▌
░░░░█████████████████
░░░░█████████████████
░░░░░████████████████
███▄░░▀██████▀░░░███
█▀█▄▄░░░░░░░░░░▄███
░░▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
░░░░░▀▀██████▀▀
Ripmixer
░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄
░░▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
███▀░░░░░░░░░░▀█▀█
███░░░▄██████▄▄░░░██
░░░░░█████████░░░░██▌
░░░░█████████████████
░░░░█████████████████
░░░░░████████████████
███▄░░▀██████▀░░░███
█▀█▄▄░░░░░░░░░░▄███
░░▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
░░░░░▀▀██████▀▀
Pearls Before Swine

Activity: 1190
Merit: 306

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 08:11:36 PM
Merited by QuestionAuthority (5)

QuestionAuthority has consistently been a free thinker since I've been a member here, and I have read quite a few of his posts.  We all may see the noxious swamp gas rising all around us, but if that isn't the way he sees it, so be it. 

Twenty merits is an enormously generous amount for a single post, but if you're awarding a person for being a good poster in general, then it makes a bit more sense.  Having said that, I don't know if that's what he's doing.  What I'm fairly sure of is that QA isn't cheating the system.  Being too generous perhaps, but I don't think he's getting kickbacks.  That's the critical point here.
soulcancer

Activity: 276
Merit: 12

Life is toxic...CHUG IT!!

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 08:25:04 PM

thank god for people like you....just when I was ready to walk away from this forum I see there is at least one person who has not used the merit system to aggrandize and empower themselves...I think you've hit the nail on the head...the system is designed to make ranking members a mild sort of "check valve" for bots and spammers....not an opportunity to become christ on the throne...every negative post I have made about the merit system (which I believe are still constructive, in that they make people think about the issue) has been met with "shitposter", "you better change your attitude" and "click ignore"....and just for the record, I don't want your friggin merit...so don't think I came here to kiss your ass...if I want merit, I will go kiss the asses of the "elite" (NOT)
athanz88 (OP)

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 02:06:22 AM

If you believe you made a constructive posts and contributing to people in the forum, then keep up the good work. It is better to channel your energy into making a contribution rather than making a post thinking that it can change the merit system, it wont. If people really want, they can get merit by learning and doing things.
soulcancer

Activity: 276
Merit: 12

Life is toxic...CHUG IT!!

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 04:45:38 AM
Last edit: April 07, 2018, 04:56:02 AM by soulcancer

If you believe you made a constructive posts and contributing to people in the forum, then keep up the good work. It is better to channel your energy into making a contribution rather than making a post thinking that it can change the merit system, it wont. If people really want, they can get merit by learning and doing things.
I was not trying to change the merit system...my point was that I do not have the "power" to change the merit system....all I can do is disagree and present an argument or....I can kiss your ass for merit.....aint happenin...I love what questionauthority said about it...the whole friggin point is to stop spammers and bots....not to turn into a god damn literature prof....and decide if it measures up to Shakespeare...once someone is determined to be a real person....posting real ideas....give merit for advancement...end of story...nobody gives a shit what YOU actually think about the post...youre just somebody who was given power for an arbitrary reason...go fukkin die

edit....im being a dick for effect

another edit...my merit has quadrupled since I started posting about merit...and I am very active in the subjects in which I am truly interested....figure it out yourself
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: